The online racing simulator
Patch X AI Can't Qualify
(64 posts, started )
Patch X AI Can't Qualify
I updated to X and now the AI cannot qualify, because LFS message says they do not know how to drive through pits.

Any suggestions
Wait until Scawen implements better AI. They have never been able to drive through the pits, but it wasn't an issue before as qualify and practice sessions used to start from the track, not the pits.
#3 - wien
Don't qualify?

Seriously though, it's a known problem and it will most likely be fixed by the next patch (Y).
Just so you know, AI is next on my list, they haven't been updated in any significant way since S1 and there are a lot of people who do want to use the AI for some offline racing, so the time has come...
Fantastic Scawen, you're the best!
Good news! The most important thing I guess is to make them more aware of what's going on around them...I'm sure you'll find a good way to do that!
There's not much point in qualifying with the AI at the moment anyway as just about everyone is able to beat them hands down.
....speak for yourself....
Glad to hear that Scawen, since I am on a slow connection and must only race AI.

Scawen I have owned S2 for sometime now and have watched the forum alot but have not posted before, I just want to say what a great program you have created it gives me very much enjoyment.
Quote from Scawen :Just so you know, AI is next on my list, they haven't been updated in any significant way since S1 and there are a lot of people who do want to use the AI for some offline racing, so the time has come...

...I love you!

Quote from Batterypark :There's not much point in qualifying with the AI at the moment anyway as just about everyone is able to beat them hands down.

I can only beat the AI in the closed wheel cars. In the 4 open wheelers (MRT5, FOX, FO8, BF1) they wreck me too fast.. the slight nudging flings those light little things like made and destroys me... At least in the other cars I can ram them back without too much fuss
Quote from Scawen :Just so you know, AI is next on my list, they haven't been updated in any significant way since S1 and there are a lot of people who do want to use the AI for some offline racing, so the time has come...

YES!

That is all.

Sounds great!!

Keep up the good work!
#13 - Osco
Quote from al heeley :....speak for yourself....

you mean that you get your ass handed to you by the AI..?
This is definitely an exciting time in LFS development. Now we have a really solid base with so many little issues sorted out I'm sure the next year or two is going to see some exciting additions.
Quote from Michael Denham :This is definitely an exciting time in LFS development. Now we have a really solid base with so many little issues sorted out I'm sure the next year or two is going to see some exciting additions.

amen to that!
I must say that I can think of a lot of things I'd rather see than an improvement to the AI, but it's good to know you're checking things off the to-do list.

Scawen, is it maybe possible in the next patch to give the AI their own skins ?
Well you can, but its only one skin, I'm guessing you mean AI can use random skin selection?
What do you mean "only one skin" XC? You can only have one skin on a car at a time. lol

You can give every different AI car a different skin. I'd like to see an easier method for it, though.
+1, I was asking back in S1 days if the ai could be made to randomly pick a skin from the skins folder to wear in a race rather than (in those days) just having a different solid colour each.
Quote from MAGGOT :You can give every different AI car a different skin. I'd like to see an easier method for it, though.

Yes indeed, and it would be nice the next time you start LFS that the AI remember their last used skins.....
I'd like to 'create an AI' so to speak. Maybe a menu listing AI 1-20. From which you could set the driver model and suit, and then a helmet and skin for each car they drive, as well as the default setup (and then if you have a track-specific setup you could define that, else the default is used)
Quote :
Just so you know, AI is next on my list, they haven't been updated in any significant way since S1 and there are a lot of people who do want to use the AI for some offline racing, so the time has come...

WOOOHOO. Finally, I might be able to play LFS. Sorry guys, I know a lot of you play it online but I am one that does not do that much. I just get get enough time to take part in leagues and practise so to be able to have a quick race against decent AI is important to me so this is just great news. Been dying to play LFS as I think it has the best physics but it just gets a bit boring hotlapping.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
It will be so much better when the AI are "smarter" and can pit and stuff.......

Just wait till patch Y!!!!!

James
Quote from HeerBommel :Yes indeed, and it would be nice the next time you start LFS that the AI remember their last used skins.....

What do you mean about that?
They already do that.

I see you are quite long with LFS, but just in case you are doing something wrong this is the right way to give the AIs their own skins permanently. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=12381

Patch X AI Can't Qualify
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG