The online racing simulator
SANS PLOMB, a fuel consumption manager (V2.0)
Hi all :jester:

Introducing Sans Plomb V2.0, a fuel consumption manager:

I rewritten it 3 times from scratch to finish it will all things I wanted

Features:
  • InSim application
  • fuel consumption notificator
  • low on fuel warning (calculated)
  • log system to record consumptions and race conditions
  • fuel consumptions database
  • Refuel strategy planner, manager, with self-adaptation during race with notifications
  • in-game button interface
  • Python powered
  • maybe cross-platform? (not tested yet)
You need Python 3.0.x to run Sans Plomb, grab it at http://www.python.org/download/.

Please feel free to comment / add suggestion / report bug(s)

PS: There were a mistake in the manual. In the LFS command (or in the shortcut) /insim [port number] put the LFS receiving port instead of LFS sending port.
The corrected manual has been re-uploaded

Just because of a word swap...

-----------------------------

Attached files
Sans_Plomb_for_LFS_V2.0.rar - 448.4 KB - 488 views
#2 - Jakg
im at School with no LFS atm, but what exactly does it do? it looks good!
just tested, cant get any info from lfs W41 though. read your help file followed it but still cant get it to work. anyways looks like its nice ill keep trying to get it to work.

thanks racemania
Quote from racemania :cant get any info from lfs W41 though

You seem to use a test patch?
I don't have tested theses patches, they include too much Insim modifications, Sans Plomb should work with the standard W patch.

Currently this version of Sans Plomb notifies you only the amount of fuel you burnt in a lap via an in-game text message .
Quote from Bogey Jammer :You seem to use a test patch?
I don't have tested theses patches, they include too much Insim modifications, Sans Plomb should work with the standard W patch.

Currently this version of Sans Plomb notifies you only the amount of fuel you burnt in a lap via an in-game text message .

ahhh ok ill give tht a try later didnt know what version it was for so i only tried the test patch.

ill report back when im done.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :You seem to use a test patch?

Just as a note, you should probably update to the new insim code, as patch W will very, very likely no longer exist after this week.
I've planned to update as quickly as possible when the next patch will be released. But if it will happen next week, I should take a look at the new Insim version now
Can you add the ability of calculating the bhp/ton value at each lap (or at each split time too) with currently loaded fuel and driver weight?

It would be usefull when deciding a strategy for a race with slow cars.

And you should take into account wind intensity and direction too (if informations about this can be received with insim)

You should add some graph showing the fuel consumption and the bhp/ton during the entire session too.
Hum, Insim has changed deeper than I thought, I've some difficulties now.

Next release will be the same than the current one but patch X compatible. Nothing more..

Since the current state of Sans Plomb is not very interesting, I prefer to take more time for a complete and useful version.

Quote from SpaceMarineITA :Can you add the ability of calculating the bhp/ton value at each lap (or at each split time too) with currently loaded fuel and driver weight?

It would be usefull when deciding a strategy for a race with slow cars.

I did not think that this information would be useful for strategy. It's possible to include this feature and I'll do it

Quote from SpaceMarineITA : And you should take into account wind intensity and direction too (if informations about this can be received with insim)

Wind intensity only is available.

Quote from SpaceMarineITA : You should add some graph showing the fuel consumption and the bhp/ton during the entire session too.

I think an integrated graph would not be very helpful in an application like this, one point would be added at each lap completion. The graphs would be hard to read and race conditions can vary very often which is impossible to put them in a graph.
I will integrate a log file system, each user will be able to pick-up the recorded data with the race conditions (like the wind intensity) and other calculated values, plot them or analyze them in their personal fashion.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :A modo may delete the useless posts above

Thread pruned. Let me know if I took away too much.
It's good like this

thanks
I get a "first byte in packet does not match size" error when trying to use it.
It's not yet patch X compatible
i think my post was needed as it informs people that he doesnt use a suitable virus protection package so be careful on download
Quote from james12s :he doesnt use a suitable virus protection package so be careful on download

Although to be fair this doesn't remove the responsibility lying firmly with yourself as the downloader to have some sort of virus checker running for anything you download and install.

Rakhsh
Quote from james12s :i think my post was needed as it informs people that he doesnt use a suitable virus protection package so be careful on download

WTF are you talking about this again??? :gnasher:

If you too afraid to download my files, don't download it, but be careful: each file you download on the web are potentially infected like mine, it can destruct your pc in an nuclear explosion, kill you or maybe destroy the universe...

Now please stop that parano b**lsh*t, everybody here are not child and are able to decide themselves what to do or not.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from james12s :i think my post was needed as it informs people that he doesnt use a suitable virus protection package so be careful on download

...what post?

And to be fair if your bright enough to write your own apps you might notice that "Blaster.exe" was suddenly in your archive
Hi,
hmm..when i extract the file, i get an CRC-error..

Can u upload the file again ?

Cheers
Quote from Delgado :hmm..when i extract the file, i get an CRC-error..

re-download the file

Quote from Delgado : Can u upload the file again ?

no, or yes, maybe to another server but later.

Quote from Jakg :And to be fair if your bright enough to write your own apps you might notice that "Blaster.exe" was suddenly in your archive

I'm not sure to who and what you are talking about..

after reflexion, because of virus stories, download problems, CRC etc, etc.. I'll will not upload future versions on sharebigfile.com. However I check the files regularly, everything works perfectly with me. It makes me crazy..:uglyhamme
So if I got you right, you're working on the version for patch X, right?
Can you give any information when it will be done pleeeeeeease? The program seems to be exactly what I've been looking for.

thx

der butz
Quote from der butz :So if I got you right, you're working on the version for patch X, right?

yes, it was hard
Quote from der butz :Can you give any information when it will be done pleeeeeeease?

Easy: I've just finished it
Quote from der butz :The program seems to be exactly what I've been looking for.

It can do only one useful thing at the moment, I hope I will be quick productive enough for the future features...
It seems that fuel gauge has been removed from multiplayer replay since the newest patch.
Is there any way to get the fuel loads yet?
Sorry for not quick responding.

About using SP with multiplayer replays, I think it's not very adapted because of the inherent multiplayer precision and presence of glitches. Moreover SP doesn't allow yet to change the focused player, which could not be the one you want to analyze when the replay starts.

SANS PLOMB, a fuel consumption manager (V2.0)
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG