The online racing simulator
#1 - HASTA
XFG's hybrid tyres on road, realistic?
"Rallycross tyres on road track", realistic?

Started with hybrids in back tyres and now they are in front too. Newest BL1 XFG world records are with hybrid tyres. It is now impossible to race without hybrid tyres in back, it is also impossible to make a very good hotlap time without four hybrid tyres.
Probably not. I think it's exploit just like high nosed cars on the oval are.
It's really funny.. This what people can do to become faster. :ices_rofl
i was extrememly suprised when someone sent me a setup and it had hybrids on it. It was fast so i didnt complain. How do people figure this stuff out.
That's actually not unrealistic, cause the typical RallyeCross tire has more grip than an Formula1 tire. BUT it would not last for more than one lap on BL. So the tirewear needs to be a lot increased there, and they would heat up like hell on the road, cause on gravel they cool down enough, so you can race a bit longer on Rallyecross.
#6 - HASTA
Quote from Vykos69 :That's actually not unrealistic, cause the typical RallyeCross tire has more grip than an Formula1 tire. BUT it would not last for more than one lap on BL. So the tirewear needs to be a lot increased there, and they would heat up like hell on the road, cause on gravel they cool down enough, so you can race a bit longer on Rallyecross.

Yeah it is impossible to race more than 5 laps with hybrid tyres in back. If it is also hybrid in front, 2 laps maximum.

The actual situation is that hybrid tyres in front is the best choice for 5 lap races and four hybrid tyres is the best choice for one or two lap hotlapping.
Quote from Vykos69 :That's actually not unrealistic, cause the typical RallyeCross tire has more grip than an Formula1 tire. BUT it would not last for more than one lap on BL. So the tirewear needs to be a lot increased there, and they would heat up like hell on the road, cause on gravel they cool down enough, so you can race a bit longer on Rallyecross.

in that case its very unrealistic in a totaly different way though
if im not mistaken bobs test for the setup guide always showed that hybrids have less grip than road supers (but probably still more than road normals so they are used on the xfg)
how long have people known about this hybrid tire XFG bug? is that why its so hard for me to get in 1:32's but everyone else can? lol
#9 - HASTA
Quote from Gabkicks :how long have people known about this hybrid tire XFG bug? is that why its so hard for me to get in 1:32's but everyone else can? lol

I am on hybrid tyres for more than 1 month i think
I got a set with hybrids in the back before the racing challenge race and it was faster. Then I got a set from sracer with four hybrids and it was even faster (for hotlapping). That's my little story about Bl1 XFG sets
and i thought my teammates were just having a good laugh saying they drive with hybrid on rear... doh
Tried hybrid tyres on XR GT. I drove 13 laps, with times around 1:33:50-1:34:50, with same sector times with road normals. I think the tyres would last 'forever', unless you drift too much, they weren't overheating. Perhaps faster, dunno.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG