The online racing simulator
Is there a way to run LFS on 2 monitors with the wheel and FOV focus on just one?
Is there a way to run LFS on 2 monitors with the wheel and FOV focus on just one? I've got 2 different monitors and if i run LFS on them both the center is @ the place where the edges are so it looks and plays crappy. What I'd like to make is to stretch it on 2 mons with the wheel, etc on the left one and the right one to be additional, for the side mirror and stuff. I'v tried stretching the LFS windows as it was like 3 mons and i got what i wanted (almost), but it was laggy and i couldn't see the menu, etc, etc. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been discussed before3, had no time to search.
#2 - kompa
Bob Smith:

I have tried the tip to use SoftTH with a dual-screen setup, by commenting out the appropriate monitor device ID, thus letting me have the FOV centre back in the middle of the primary screen (instead of being where the two monitors meet) - this has worked great.
^^whs
In the View options in the game you can move the driver's head from side to side. Use the 'Rotate view' slider.
Quote from Bob Smith :^^whs

That should be wIs, no? thanks, I'll try it

Err, can u provide the cfg, please?
deviceIDLeft=2
;deviceIDright=1

That's the bit that matters. Your device IDs may need swapping compared to mine, and it might need to be the other monitor you need to comment out, but you should get the idea.
Bob, proof read please, your Dvorak-ness is sorta offputting :P

Still need to take the full in Dvorak plunge. Maybe Sunday.
Bah. Apologies.
Quote from Crashgate3 :In the View options in the game you can move the driver's head from side to side. Use the 'Rotate view' slider.

does this work? because it seems like a much better solution than installing additional software.
That only moves the camera position, not the FOV centre. I tried, it's very weird to race like that.

SoftTH is only a 480KiB DLL plus a config file. I'm not sure it really counts as installing software.
I am using SoftTh to play on 2 monitors (both attached to one Radeon 9800 Pro on AGPx8 of course). However I can not figure out how to increase the performance. After setting the 3072x768 resolution I have about 17fps at single player. However 1920x480 resolution gives only 5fps more Is there a way to boost the whole thing?

edit: Nevermind. Solved.
Nothing launches, the log contains:
6849.59 - SoftTH: Direct3DCreate8 (ver 220)
6849.59 - SoftTH: FATAL, exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0) occured at address 0x0 of function Direct3DCreate8
Sorry to bring this up again but can SoftTH be configured to run on only 2 monitors with one of them being the driver (central) view. I have tried Bob Smith's config above but it didn't work using SoftTH v1.04, kept getting errors saying could not find Device ID etc.
Please post full config if you have got it to work.
Quote from himself :I am using SoftTh to play on 2 monitors (both attached to one Radeon 9800 Pro on AGPx8 of course). However I can not figure out how to increase the performance. After setting the 3072x768 resolution I have about 17fps at single player. However 1920x480 resolution gives only 5fps more Is there a way to boost the whole thing?

edit: Nevermind. Solved.

could you tell us how to solve it?
Quote from flinty72 :Sorry to bring this up again but can SoftTH be configured to run on only 2 monitors with one of them being the driver (central) view. I have tried Bob Smith's config above but it didn't work using SoftTH v1.04, kept getting errors saying could not find Device ID etc.
Please post full config if you have got it to work.

Only two suggestions:
1) Try changing device IDs
2) Try SoftTH 1.05
Quote from Bob Smith :Only two suggestions:
1) Try changing device IDs
2) Try SoftTH 1.05

Thanks Bob Smith,
I have tried changing the Dev ID's as well as comment each one out like you suggested in an earlier post but SoftTH keeps producing the error that it is trying to identify the other (3rd) monitor.
I will try v1.05 (Beta) but I don't see how it will fix or help.

Can I ask if you were successful in running SoftTH with only 2 monitors and if so what else did you change in the config and what resolution did you run?
awsome im going to try this tonight
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :could you tell us how to solve it?

I just experimented with the resolution of the 2nd monitor. Lower resolution of secondary monitor does not affect the gameplay that much because the center monitor is at high res anyway. You dont look at it all the time.
Quote from flinty72 :Thanks Bob Smith,
I have tried changing the Dev ID's as well as comment each one out like you suggested in an earlier post but SoftTH keeps producing the error that it is trying to identify the other (3rd) monitor.
I will try v1.05 (Beta) but I don't see how it will fix or help.

Probably not but it usually makes sense to always use the latest version of software.

Quote from flinty72 :
Can I ask if you were successful in running SoftTH with only 2 monitors and if so what else did you change in the config and what resolution did you run?

Yeah, it ran fine with two monitors, just needed the ; adding. I ran 3840x960 (although of course only 2560x960 was visible).
Quote from Bob Smith :Probably not but it usually makes sense to always use the latest version of software.

which version did you use ? maybe kegetys saw that as a bug and removed the option
v1.05 is what I'm running now and I still need the commenting trick.
Quote from Bob Smith :v1.05 is what I'm running now and I still need the commenting trick.

Thanks Bob, I got it to work doing all the things you said to do . I used v1.05 and commented out the Device ID 1 (left monitor) and changed the Device Id 2 to 1 for the right monitor.
Have to run the side monitor at a lower resolution to save FPS.
But it has a fair amount of stutter and pretty slow FPS especially at Sth City (Avg 15FPS with 25 cars)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG