The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
GP Manager Pro
http://www.gpmanagerpro.com

Does anyone here play this? It's an F1 online management game, using made up names. You start off with nothing but £300k per race TV rights income, and have to build up your team, get sponsers, buy parts/supplies, hire and fire people, and eventually design your own parts, race your own cars, and even research extra stuff etc. I get the impression it's early days, and it should get better with time.

Anyway, I'm in my third season now, earning £1.8m profit per race, with lots of staff. Designing my own engine as we speak, and have just sent off a scout for driving talent hopefuls in the future... I've got to get a decent engine soon, because my bargain one (someone made and sold me a 700hp engine for £15k per race when comparible engines are fetching over £500k per race! I don't think he's too happy that I 'hired' him, as he can't cancel the contract! muahahahahaha) expires at the end of the year.
Sound's cool,just started an account there,thanks for the link
Looks interesting. I'm soon hooked to another browser game again!
Hi ive just got down to picking drivers etc,then went out too do a bit testing and this message appears

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gpmp/public_html/startyourengines.php on line 357

Warning: Division by zero in /home/gpmp/public_html/startyourengines.php on line 361

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gpmp/public_html/startyourengines.php:357) in /home/gpmp/public_html/racing_do.php on line 587
Don't tell us! Send that email to the developer (either use the forums or email him directly). I've not had an error yet (although once it did take over two minutes to update something).
Ok thanks.
a few games like that around www.midnitechallenge.com is one of them it also has a few sites linked to it good game but long winded also if you really want to get anywhere in the rankings you have to buy upgrades which kinda sucks for free users as they never get anywhere
I ran out of money,and now I can't do my first raceand for some reason my sponsership deal's are not finalising,so can't make money that way
yeah those games are like that you have to wait to build credits up and blah!
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :I ran out of money,and now I can't do my first raceand for some reason my sponsership deal's are not finalising,so can't make money that way

The deal develop during the race tickit (or whatever it was). There was a reset option in the preferences I think, so you can start over again and try to not go over budget.

Love this game, but it's too slow! I want more races!
Quote from Blackout :The deal develop during the race tickit (or whatever it was). There was a reset option in the preferences I think, so you can start over again and try to not go over budget.

Love this game, but it's too slow! I want more races!

aha Thanks mate
I's it just me or is this game reall slow,there is 12 cars after quali,and hasn't moved in the last 10-15 mins,must i wait for quali to be over or can I just skip it ?
It's one race per day.
I love this game great find! race one hungary today at 8pm
I got 3rd and 5th at Hungary, which meant I could afford a four star motorhome now It's all about wooing the sponsors, so spend as much money on the commercial team as you can afford, even if you have to have a crap designer.
Cool game, just registered and setting up team over breakfast as we speak.... going to be fun. This takes me back to my Grand Prix World game days from Microprose....... that was great fun.

mad

edit: I have been looking for a descent f1 manager game but none have been released that are descent
edit2: I just tried to login again bt it says i need to authenticate my account, I haven't received anything, tried the re-send button a few times.. still nothing.....
heh, my guys have qualified 1st and 3rd so far in my league

@Mad.. have you checked your junk folder, thats where mine was
First race: 2nd place
Bleh. My #1 driver got injured in his second race, he's out for five races, can't afford to replace him. Where the hell are all the pay drivers?!?
Didn't know drivers could get injured!!!!! Yikes!

I'm pulling in £6m per race, and spend £4m. Hoping to get everything except Engine centre on 4 stars tomorrow. Running 3/4 star everything apart from drivers who I'm training up, and I have a talent scout. Even abandoned my 'budget' engine supplies for a 4* one at £500k per race for the additional performance.

Just hope I can woo a few more 5 star sponsors, as it's all about money!
I've profited £292 from my first two races!
Scheduled start:

20:00.00 on 24/05/2007
Server time:

01:59.42 on 24/05/2007

eww. sounds interesting but i dont wanna wait so long! lol
Done 3 races and got my second sponsor, making nice 1 million per race. Changed all my managers and my engine supplier and it seems I'm the only one in my league with the more powerful Turbojam engine. Should be an edge in Monza. But I hope my drunken 1st driver doesn't crash again, I want more points!
One of my drivers is injured now, he was rubbish anyway.

Can't decide what pit stops to run on a wet Monza though. One stop or two in a 53 lap race?

Andy.
#25 - DeKo
Quote from AndyC :One of my drivers is injured now, he was rubbish anyway.

Can't decide what pit stops to run on a wet Monza though. One stop or two in a 53 lap race?

Andy.

Havent got around to playing the game myself, but in theory wouldnt 2 stops give you more margin for error if the track starts to dry? With 1 stop you would be compromised if you had to make 2 stops, but if you had 2 stops to start with then it wouldnt hurt much to juggle them about.

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG