The online racing simulator
Hi-Res Updates for LFS S2 alpha - kidcodea and don
Hi guys, if you want lfs to look as best as it can right now, you should have it running on higher res textures (dont leech this if your card has like 16mb )
Here's the higher res skies that weren't distributed with lfs to keep size down and possible memory problems to a minimum. however, anyone with a normal decent card of 64mb onwards should have no problem running these skies (in fact maybe 32mb is enuff but i didnt test )

pack includes 2048x sky textures for:

Fern bay - sunny conditions
Kyoto ring , Aston, Blackwood - cloudy conditions
Westhill - cloudy conditions, complete new hemisphere (fresh out of the oven)
Westhill & Aston - evening conditions
Westhill & Aston - sunny conditions
2 UF skins 100% by don

hemis were done for S2 during dev time, coz i believed lfs could look much better using decent skies, at an early phase done by me, nuno maia, and then don ( ondrej zeman ) came along and helped, first "just" taking pics for me to build, and down the line becoming a full-fledged hemi constructor, very prolific, and that can do the whole process now (quite complex pipeline) . Clap clap for my jedi. In later hemis i just did post work. Dont ask me who what or when. its been going for over a year.
He did climb mountains, leave home, ride bikes or car to remote locations etc, looking for the perfect spot (he actually never found a perfect spot, but we and some cg magic powder could overcome that). he was as commited as me, if not more, to bringing a better looking lfs to all, besides ourselves.

you can download the update here

unpack to your lfs\data\ directory

this is just a quickie i have around in my hd, but don may post more pics later. im very busy now and have to do other stuff not lfs related. all the best and enjoy the only real sim next to n2003

ps: thanks to eric and scawen for listening.
#2 - Don
some previews of the new westhill sky:

Sweet, downloading.

I wonder how much of a framerate drop there'll be on my rig.
Very pretty. I'm impressed. And it doesn't seem to affect the framerate on my fairly modest machine (1.4GHz Duron with a 128MB graphics card).
Look cool. Downloading now.

Perhaps you could create a side-by-side comparison JPG for people? tbh I can't really remember what the sky normally looks like, I tend to concentrate on other things...
#7 - Nard
Maaaagnificent. In Westhill, the little farmland/village whatever it is up the mountainside even looks like it's 3D generated, quality of that scenery is amazing!
Stuff from DonKid Industries is great

Will make for some stunning screenshots and movies, a must have!
#9 - steve
Looks good
#10 - Gunn
A great effort and a cool result that I am sure many will enjoy.
thank you, that`s awesome !
#12 - ekze
Thank you! It's looking great!
Wow, thanks!
looks very nice, thanks for the update guys
LOVELY, how do you guys make them?

btw. I wouldnt mind if the res was even higher... 256MB
Great, thx alot .
..amazing. :up:
Really nice! BTW what about an "add ons" section for track updates?

SimOn
Good Work, but any chance having it in .zip?
GREAT! ...downloading...
OMG Kid and Don Awesome work, as per usual

Fordie
Weeeee.... awesome!
One of the few visual addons to LFS to be really worth downloading for anyone, great job :up:
#24 - Jimi
Goooooorate job!!
Quote from Qurpiz :Good Work, but any chance having it in .zip?

zip file is almost twice as large, and I cant upload it now because my brother would kill me
This thread is closed

Hi-Res Updates for LFS S2 alpha - kidcodea and don
(90 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG