The online racing simulator
payment with paypal in euro´s
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Toine
why can´t i pay with paypal in euro´s
now i have to make an accaunt on a german site i dont´trust.
there are more people that pay with euro´s than with pounds

please help

(i don´t pay online with a creditcard. never)
(i am dutch so my english isnt good)

Toine
So you don't trust the creditcard purchase online? Probably 80% of all players here have purchased it online with a credit/debit/check card. Never had any problems, nor have I ever seen ANYONE complaining of any problems. They have a very safe and secure merchant system. Maybe Victor can explain it.

Otherwise, figure out something with Paypal, which is slow and more troublesome.
Dont Worry
hi there, its not often i post in here , but i purchased both my S1 and S2 liscence using my visa card , i wouldnt worry at all, oh and its well worth it

(oops sorry this is my first post w0000t )
@Tweaker: The thing is, in Europe credit/debit/check cards are much less common than in the USA. Here the preferred paying method for LFS is PayPal with the visa card, or using a third party site ("that german site") to buy you a voucher code.

Personally, for S1 I used my fathers visa card + PayPal, but that was too much of a hassle so for S2 "that german site" was used, with a simple bank transfer. I didn't have any problems with them, but just get sure to read ALL how-tos thoroughly. Should a problem arise, they have a personal support "chat room" for any of your needs.
I've bought a lot of things online, from various places and have never had any extra money taken from my account.

There's nothing to worry about ordering online if you purchase from reputable stores. If you order from dodgy sites, expect to have problems. You're more likely to get your card details stolen from a dodgy resteraunt (It's not hard for waiters to clone cards) or tampered cash machine than online.
Quote from Toine :why can´t i pay with paypal in euro´s
now i have to make an accaunt on a german site i dont´trust.
there are more people that pay with euro´s than with pounds

please help

(i don´t pay online with a creditcard. never)
(i am dutch so my english isnt good)

Toine

You are totally free to do what you want of course, but if I were you I'd just use the credit card. But if you really don't want to, you can still use paypal to buy a license. You just need to transfer the equivalent of 12 or 24 pounds, in euros, to your paypal account. £24 is around 36 euros atm.

btw moving this thread to the assistance forum, as this is not a programming issue.
#7 - Toine
[QUOTE=Victor]You are totally free to do what you want of course, but if I were you I'd just use the credit card. But if you really don't want to, you can still use paypal to buy a license. You just need to transfer the equivalent of 12 or 24 pounds, in euros, to your paypal account. £24 is around 36 euros atm.

I have a paypal account with 18 euro ready to pay but i stil have to fill in my creditcartnr to go on
#8 - XRRoy
Toine, you can trust that German site. I've bought my S1 and S2 overthere. Didn't have any probs with it. The only thing is, is that it is a bit slower then CC or PayPal
4players is just fine bought my license there, had to wait 15 mins and my voucher code was there. no problems at all.
Also bought my license from 4players. If you're bank is not in germany, it can take some time though, until the payment arrives. Took 3 days for me, but after the dough got there, I had the voucher code pretty quick
Hey Toine

Ik heb mijn S1 licentie met de CC gedaan, kreeg gelijk alle benodigde gegevens ed., np en werkte prima.

S2 heb ik via moneybookers gedaan, de transactie daarheen (postbank-postbank) duurde 2 dagen (normaal instant) en daarna nog een dag voor moneybookers - devs.

Geheel te vertrouwen
eh???
Quote from SoloNijN :Hey Toine

Ik heb mijn S1 licentie met de CC gedaan, kreeg gelijk alle benodigde gegevens ed., np en werkte prima.

S2 heb ik via moneybookers gedaan, de transactie daarheen (postbank-postbank) duurde 2 dagen (normaal instant) en daarna nog een dag voor moneybookers - devs.

Geheel te vertrouwen

Translation: I have bought my S1 license with credit card, and got all the neccessary "somewhat" and so on, np, it worked really well.

I have bought s2 via moneybookers, the transaction (from postbank to postbank) took 2 days (the usual time) and then one additional day from monebookers to the devs.

Hehe, hope I didn't mess up too badly, as I don't speak a single word nederlands (except the word "nederlands"), but it really is not that hard, if you speak german as mothertongue.
*Sorry for the Dutch, but I think topicstarter will find this easier*

Toine, ik snap je probleem niet helemaal. Ik heb LFS ook met Paypal gekocht, compleet zonder creditcard. Ik heb met de calculator op de Paypal site ff uitgerekend hoeveel euro's ze voor 24 pond wilde hebben en heb dat gewoon van mijn girorekening naar ze overgemaakt (duurde paar daagjes).

Toen heb ik dat bedrag op de Paypal site omgezet naar ponden en toen simpelweg LFS ermee betaald (duurde toen nog een halve dag voor ik mijn codes had).

Succes ermee!

Edit: Oops, looking at the "S1 licenced" under Toine's name, this topic has become pretty redundant at the moment...
Quote from bobvanvliet :Ik heb LFS ook met Paypal gekocht

no wonder the dutch are so weird ... they cook (and probably even eat) pc games

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG