The online racing simulator
Server minimum specs.
(6 posts, started )
Server minimum specs.
Can someone possible tell me what roughly the minimum specs are for a server that will be running an online LFS host. Something like 23 slots?

I did use the search button but did not find much, correct me if someone did with out killing!

Thanks in advance guys and girls.
Not sure if it helps, but I just upgraded to a 448kbps upstream, and LFS recommends only 13 connections at 4 pkts/sec for that, so I think that unless you have about 1Mb up, forget it!
As for actual hardware, I reckon about a 3000 Athlon and 1.5 GB RAM should cope quite well
#3 - Davo
I'm running a server on a P3 850 and it barely breaks a sweat. Bandwidth is more important.
Thanks for the comments. I thought that would be the case. Just need a pretty decent upload then I guess
#5 - s1m0n
I'm running 3 LFS servers, SQLServer 2005 Express and a web site on P4 1.7 with 512Mb RAM with two NIC's, one for LFS servers and other for web site. LFS servers work like a charm, but SQL is memory hungry and sometimes it can eat up almost everything but LFS server continue to work like nothing is happening.
I'm running my server on a p1 233 oc'd at 320 or somthing like,512 megs of ram 2 gig hd & on a 5mb cable line.. Might upgrade it soon though,as I have a extra xp2800M cpu and some other hardware

Server minimum specs.
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG