The online racing simulator
My New Guitar Build
(22 posts, started )
My New Guitar Build
Well I'm a guitar player, and a while ago I took it upon myself to build a Strat-style guitar for my likings. I don't feel I need to get detailed so here are some shots I just took of the finished product. Comments and questions are welcome.

~Bryan~
Cool. Did you piece it together or do some actual carving/constructing?
The body and neck were done from scratch, I really wanted a 2 piece body, but cash was an issue, so I settled on 3 pieces. The fretboard and fretwork were done by hand also.
~Bryan~
Oh man, that is some great workmanship. Excellent work.
If it sounds as good as it looks, that is an awesome axe
Very nice! I'm a wannabe guitar player myself. I don't have the funds to buy a decent guitar, nor the time to take lessons or try to learn on my own with 2 small children. They take up most of my time, and LFS takes up most of my free no-children-awake time which isn't much.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... mp;highlight=guitar+build

Another here on the forum that you might be interested in reading about.
Yeh it sounds damn nice, when I get my computer fixed I'll put up some sound clips. I was given a set of 1983 Custom shop Fender pickups for $170, so it sounds damn sexy
~Bryan~
That looks beautiful. Are you going to leave the wood as it is becuase I reckon it looks better as it is rather than painted.
Well I was thinking of a solid finish, but went to add a CLEAR coat finish. When I shot it on though it turned into a blonde-ish yellow. So I did the neck to match. I'm happy with the outcome, the pictures don't do it justic, because my camera sucks and I'm a bad photographer.
~Bryan~
#10 - CSU1
Quote from dropin_biking :Well I was thinking of a solid finish, but went to add a CLEAR coat finish. When I shot it on though it turned into a blonde-ish yellow. So I did the neck to match. I'm happy with the outcome, the pictures don't do it justic, because my camera sucks and I'm a bad photographer.
~Bryan~

Good work

Now for the fun part

Not untill the day when your left hand fingers (if you're a right handed guitarist) feel as if they are legs at the palm of your hand will you truly feel you've had a good four hour warm up

May the musical continuity flow through your fingers. Peace:hippy:, practice, and maybe one day you'll be as good as me .

btw: get an acoustic guitar if you are in any way interested in mastering the guitar.
I assume Ash body and a maple neck?

Then I realized...I have been playing guitar for longer that you have been alive...18 years. Wow. Nice to see see someone build a guitar, you really have an appreciation when finished.

Some of my guitars...I mostly like Deans, but not the flying V's. My playing style is Jazz and I guess you would say Rush.
http://www.pbase.com/jayhawk1013/image/73006484
#12 - CSU1
I've been playing guitar just over a year and a half, I have a nicely setup Ovation sitting at my friends place. I like jumping into fingerpicking and arpeggios for the fun of it. It's actually Alder and Maple. And thanks for the comments guys, and yes it has been played alot, already played at a gig just a few days ago.
~Bryan~
WOW you built that yourself? that's impressive It looks like you bought it that way that's good work dude.

I been playing for damn...22 years. And I still suck!!!
I took 3 years of lessons geared towards being a session
guitarist. so I have a wide range of things I like to play.
My "guitar heroes" were Jimi Hendrix (I'm left handed) Randy Rhoades, Brian Setzer and Gary Moore and Roy Clark (I'm a redneck too). I dunno. As talented as what they are, I just don't care for Eric Johnson or Joe Satriani. What they do just seems so redundant to me.

Anyways, it looks like you did a real good job with that guitar
Looks like a very nice strat, if it plays as well as it looks then you have a great guitar.
I have built a few guitars myself over the past year, but not attempted a neck from sctratch yet. There's a couple of them, bodies made from an old slab of mahogany fireplace I ripped out that play really sweet.
They will always be very special to me.
Leo Fender called. He wants his guitar back.
nice , i got a dold 80 's fendr body with a crappy sx strat neck... if only i had money
Haha thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them. Nice guitars Al Heeley. Do you build to sell? Because I think I might start, I got offered $850 (thats Canadian) for that guitar.

Making a neck from scratch isn't overly hard, just time consuming, and you need to be uber precise.

Sound clips should come either today or tomorow, whenever I get off my lazy ass and setup my station. It's also good to hear about other LFS members playing guitar

Keep on rocking in the free world
~Bryan~
My brother built one too, let's see if i can grab some photos before I leave home again
Cool guitar

My New Guitar Build
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG