The online racing simulator
How to toggle the 'Race Position List'?
Hi, sounds silly, but how do i turn on the 'Race Position List'?. I can't find it in the options (not saying its not there).
Problem is, when i use a standard resolution such as 1280x1024 the list shows, but when i use my usual resolution of 3840x1024 the list dissapears.

I searched for the answer, and also looked on the wiki, but couldn't find what i need.

TIA - Kelvin

EDIT, 29th April - I have noticed today while checking out the new patch with a huge feild of AI's, in single player this problem doesn't exist
Press "N" .

Hope this help.
#3 - robt
the 'n' will toggle from the race position list to the connections list, though that may come out equally as off screen.
Hmmm, 'N' doesn't bring up what i want. It's the same problem, 'N' works for me when in a standard resolution, but the list doesn't come up when in the large resolution.
control-tab
CTRL-Tab is finishing list...

The positions list is just toggled on and off when you start using the F-Hud screens (tire temps, damage, etc). So if you have tire temps on or any of those HUD displays, press the same button again and you can see the position list.

If it still doesn't show, then it is probably your resolution

(This is if you are talking about the position list that is supposed to be in lower-right hand corner)
Quote from Tweaker :CTRL-Tab is finishing list...

The positions list is just toggled on and off when you start using the F-Hud screens (tire temps, damage, etc). So if you have tire temps on or any of those HUD displays, press the same button again and you can see the position list.

If it still doesn't show, then it is probably your resolution

(This is if you are talking about the position list that is supposed to be in lower-right hand corner)

Thats the list yeah, but it doesn't show no matter what i press.
I would have thought seeing as Scawen uses a triple screen setup that this would not be a problem, its a little silly considering theres a ton more space for it to be in than on a single screen
You may also want to make sure that [Options > Display > Show position list] is set to Yes.
I think it's more likely a problem with where the position list is being drawn, in this case I suspect off screen. There used to be some toggle switch for 3 monitors and I wonder if that's been missed? You may do well to report it to Scawen as a bug.

That's about as much help as I can give, because jealousy and my own lack of 3 monitors gets in the way of saying more
Lol, thanks for the input anyway. I have noticed today while checking out the new patch with a huge feild of AI's, in single player this problem doesn't exist. Everything that has been suggeted to me in this thread works just fine in single player, but not in multiplayer.
I can't reproduce this problem.

I don't have a three screen setup any more but LFS uses "three screen" mode when you just make the window three times as wide as it is high, so that should reproduce the problem - but doesn't on my computer.

I can't see how it could go missing. Maybe it's just drawing the list in the gap between two screens? Are you losing part of the race results list? Can you try adjusting the middle screen's image to be narrower? Or is that impossible due to using LCD screens? Do you get the same result if you just use one screen but make your window very wide and low?
There are no pixels inbetween the monitors, as soon as something is leaving one monitor it is appearing on the next. I will try to get some results for your single monitor question later after work.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my late reply.
Problem Solved??
Scawen,
I was on Bug Test Server 1 earlier using patch W45, and i couldn't help but notice the re-appearance of the race position list (woohoo!). Now the last test patch i used online was in the single figures (W3, 4, something like that) and the list was not there, nor could i call it up using 'N'.
So did you spot the problem and fix it?
I've not changed anything at my end, it has just re-appeared

Anyways, if you did find the problem and fix it then well done , if not then i don't know whats going on

(Appologies for excessive smilie use, but i'm a happy boy atm )
Quote from GFresh :Anyways, if you did find the problem and fix it then well done , if not then i don't know whats going on

Me too

Anyway I'm pleased it's ok now
Ok, thats somewhat worrying. But i'll enjoy it while it's back anyways
Thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG