The online racing simulator
My current work : Usb Outgauge Device First Demo.
Last two week i was developing a usb device that can show lfs outgauge,
i post here the video about first demo.

on demo runs at 100 updates per seconds, thankfully to it's 100% usb nature, the little lag of carboard neddle is because it's a servo an it isn't enought fast.

Sorry but video comment are on Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX3nJC3z94k

Sorry about english faults , i am not native.
#2 - joen
That's really cool, nice work Now add an RPM and fuel dial and you have yourself a nice dashboard
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
The final objective is be able to connect my system with a real car dashboard, more than build one homemade.
#5 - GabbO
Hi
I want to ask where you have the USB hardware from,
or if you have built it where can a plan be found?
After exams i would also like to start developing one...
Quote from GabbO :Hi
I want to ask where you have the USB hardware from,
or if you have built it where can a plan be found?
After exams i would also like to start developing one...

It works with PIC18F2455 / PIC18F2550 ,it is being build from start be me
and on a basic version it will control up to six pulse lines (servo mode(rc servos), and Frecuency mode(real electronic tachos and speedos), 8 digital out lines (upgradable up to 32) and up to 20x4(80 characters) LCD HD44780 compatible screen,

you can follow lastest news at www.outgauge.net

currently are not plans or schematics available. is on development.
yo can try a very very early alpha versión of software and watch
that is very costumizable how the data is set on the lcd screen.

Lastest video preview of driving real car hardware:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSB58cfAS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLL6x1xsVNw
#7 - GabbO
Too sad, thanks anyway..
I have worked with PIC's already, and could code the prg also,
but currently i have no idea where to start. I have to read myself into it, but
it would have been easier to start from a certain point

Gracias para tu respuesta
You may start with this, needs to be programed in the programmer only once, then it could be programmed by USB. Example applications (e.g. simulation of usb mouse) are also available on that page. I build it for my experiments, it's really simple, I recommend it.
Quote from Kada_CZ :You may start with this, needs to be programed in the programmer only once, then it could be programmed by USB. Example applications (e.g. simulation of usb mouse) are also available on that page. I build it for my experiments, it's really simple, I recommend it.

I used Microchip source and demos too.
are you thinking about selling like gauge sets?
would be highly intrested because im not too much in those electronic things but would love to have something like that
I have to say that is absolutely fantastic, really adds to the authenticity of the game. I have no idea how you made that, but I am in awe. Like others have mentioned, is there any way you could take orders for some of these? There is certainly money to be made out them.

There is a niggle I have though... the way the needle on the rev counter goes beyond the 8,000rpm limit, into no mans land. I understand that's a difficult one to get round, as the different cars in the game have varying limits. Could you get a rev counter with a higher limit, say 10,000 or 12,000rpm to support more cars? I love how you've included shift lights, indicators, fullbeam, low fuel and pit speed limiter lights in the dash as well though, that's absolutely great!

Here is a link to the latest video of the website if you're interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGn4ylV7Guo
Hi!
Can you tell to me what controller you have?
I want to built one too but i dont know what controller i need buy.(or built)
Quote : Last Activity: 7th July 2007 02:04

No, he probably can't tell you.
why everything about lfs and real gauges are dead end???

all the sites are down

how can we make one
u replied to a 3 year old thread...
re:outgauge
hey guys, Ive got an old saab 900 set of gauges and im wondering if any of you can help me put it onto outgauge
Yo quiero hacer algo asi pero no tengo ni idea de programación ni electronica, hay algo para tontos xD
Quote from manoliky89 :Yo quiero hacer algo asi pero no tengo ni idea de programación ni electronica, hay algo para tontos xD

lol que?
Nope, it doesn't work for me either.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG