The online racing simulator
Server Relay (for pure spectators)
i wonder if it is possible to have a 'complete' server relay tool for pure spectators. i mean something which connects to a certain server, possibly as a normal client, and at the same time functions as a connectable server for LFS clients as well. it will connect and get all the data a normal (spectating) LFS client gets from the server and then as an indepentent server it will dispatch the data to its own clients. obviously spectators on this relay server will not be able to join the race but they can watch it using LFS with all the physics and skins etc.. and maybe a relay server can connect to another relay server so a chain can be established to provide a lot of bandwidth for pure spectators.

i do not know what kind of server-client protocol LFS uses. if all clients get the same (complete) race data all the time then (i guess) maybe this would actually work
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from icyocean :i wonder if it is possible to have a 'complete' server relay tool for pure spectators. i mean something which connects to a certain server, possibly as a normal client, and at the same time functions as a connectable server for LFS clients as well. it will connect and get all the data a normal (spectating) LFS client gets from the server and then as an indepentent server it will dispatch the data to its own clients. obviously spectators on this relay server will not be able to join the race but they can watch it using LFS with all the physics and skins etc.. and maybe a relay server can connect to another relay server so a chain can be established to provide a lot of bandwidth for pure spectators.

i do not know what kind of server-client protocol LFS uses. if all clients get the same (complete) race data all the time then (i guess) maybe this would actually work

This I like . Unfortunately I started a new thread with this before finding this thread . I suggest a mini-version of LFS with which you can only watch races, but in the same way as you can watch races from within LFS. Lets call it LFS Virtual Spectator (VS), for now.

VS in itself is a server and a client, like Torrent clients. I think it should be free of charge, at first...

Since a VS is only relaying data to clients connected to it, it could perhaps be able to handle 100+ clients. So if you have one VS connected to the actual race-server, then 100 can connect to that VS, and to those 100 VS, another 10 000 can connect (100 times 100). To those 10 000 VS, another 1 000 000 can connect...

Now we have a market for commercials...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG