The online racing simulator
V8 stock car
(35 posts, started )
V8 stock car
Hello there.

You all probibly know me by now when i mension the slightest thing to do with oval/stockcars Etc..

but do you think it would be a good idea now theres the new restriction settings to have a 800bhp 5.7+ letre v8 stock car for lfs?

and you may be thinking 800bhp, you wouldnt be able to controll it...

well, the new restriction settings would proove handy for restricting the cars down for different events.

aka some events might want every one to use 500bhp or 600 etc.
and then for qualifing you could use no restriction/restrictor plates and have the full 800bhp of the engine.

okay thanks for reading
I dont race oval but more cars are always welcome so +1.
I like oval so +1
#4 - Renku
+1 thanks to restriction setteings

Why?

Most of the cars (all execpt the uf1) makes class. You're asking for a special car wich can't race on road track, and wich can't join any current classes. For the oval's lovers this is a good idea but for all the others it's useless. Think you're not alone

Finally, I think this kind of thread should be posted into "Cars we wanna see in S3" because it won't happen before S3 (or only in your dreams).
Stock cars can race on road tracks. There are a few road races in the NASCAR calendar. True, the cars are completely different under the shell, but that could be sorted in the setup screens.
+1 of course,

but first we need a proper AERO-MODEL so we can have air-push. and one ore two more ovals

but yep +1 for V8 power
they would be verry good on west hill, verry wide smoothe track without many hairpins etc
Quote from Fischfix :+1 of course,

but first we need a proper AERO-MODEL so we can have air-push. and one ore two more ovals

but yep +1 for V8 power

Do you mean the aero-push and aero-loose they always talk about? I know aero-tight is already implemented. You can try it with any cars with wings. Take one out and follow another car real close and press 'f' to the all the forces. The purple line on the front is your front downforce. as you get close it shrinks, so your getting less front downforce and you will plow in the next turn.

Also +1 for the stock cars. I love them on road courses more then ovals hehehe.
+1

I'm sorry though, I haven't a clue what you are on about regarding loose and tight. Is that oversteer and understeer by any chance?
Quote from duke_toaster :+1

I'm sorry though, I haven't a clue what you are on about regarding loose and tight. Is that oversteer and understeer by any chance?

As far as i understand it, and im not sure which is which, one is the fast your loose down force when following a car due to less air flow over your wing. The other i think is when you follow cars, like stock cars, really close they loose some downforce at the rear due to your car messing up their air flow. Or maybe air push is simply drafting?
I wouldn't mind a stock car but no more oval please
If your car is loose, you have oversteer, if your car is tight or pushing, you have understeer. I don't know much about the drafting stuff in Nascar though, someone else can explain that...

I think once the aero model is improved, it will be interesting to have stock cars and a couple more ovals and be able to compare LFS to Nascar 2003, as a benchmark for oval racing.
In drafting with NASCAR style racing, ie, oval racing in stockcars, there is a "cusion" of air between the cars that is at a higher pressure. The drafting car will "push" the lead car faster because it is "pushing" on this higher pressure cusion of air. Thus, at Talladega and Daytona, a line of 5 cars will pull away from the pack of cars driving side by side because they are dividing the air resistance up between each other and the cars in front are being pushed by the cars behind them. This is NOT the same as bumpdrafting. There is no contact causing the push.

As it is with LFS, in drafting you only get the speed advantage in the drafting car and can slingshot past the lead car from this advantage. With stockcars, this is not an advantage because two cars following each other drafting will be much faster than constantly slingshotting past each other. I don't know if it is a function of the car design with stockcars, or if all drafting should be like this with the front car being pushed. Perhaps LFS models the open wheelers just fine in drafting, but I would imagine the GTR cars should have some pushing in the draft, which is non-existant as how the aero physics are now.
duh another great repost.
we really dont need track specific cars, i like it how it is atm.
if we would end up getting one ppl would constantly ask for more ovals (more than they already do) which most likely wont happen and only 1 track for one car (i know it can be driven on normal tracks too but its not meant to be) would be boring.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :duh another great repost.
we really dont need track specific cars, i like it how it is atm.
if we would end up getting one ppl would constantly ask for more ovals (more than they already do) which most likely wont happen and only 1 track for one car (i know it can be driven on normal tracks too but its not meant to be) would be boring.

Then explain me why NASCAR sanctioned championships (even their top class, the Nextel Cup) also drive on road courses

+1, i'd like to see this aswell.
as i already said they can and do drive on normal tracks but theyre made for ovals and therefore they are not really good at normal tracks.
and i dont expect that it would be driven much on normal tracks which does shout for more ovals.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :as i already said they can and do drive on normal tracks but theyre made for ovals and therefore they are not really good at normal tracks.
and i dont expect that it would be driven much on normal tracks which does shout for more ovals.

I rest my case.
Quote from shadow2kx :-1

Why?

Most of the cars (all execpt the uf1) makes class. You're asking for a special car wich can't race on road track, and wich can't join any current classes.

So you are saying that the MRT, FOX, FO8, and BF1 are in a class with another car? Also, when is a F1 ever racing on an oval. Just because a car is not meant for something does not mean that it is not fun or it will not work.

@[RCG]Boosted

Where does it say that stock cars are only made for oval?
verry well said pmd
Quote from PMD9409 :

@[RCG]Boosted

Where does it say that stock cars are only made for oval?

if u would read my posts better u wouldnt ask this question.

V8 stock car
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG