The online racing simulator
Mouse-Steering - Some Suggestions
How to use both mouse axes for driving?
Quote from NetDemon01 :This is already possible and is how I race all the time. You just have to select 'wheel' as your controller and then assign the corresponding axes. It really is not that hard to use at all.

The throttle and brake also needs to use the 'combined' setting so that the upper portion of the screen is throttle, and lower portion is brake, with an amount of deadzone in between according to how you set that up.

It solve all the problems below.

If you wanna use your mouse also in other games as joystick you can use: PPJoy allows to emulate a virtual joystick with your mouse. It solve also all the problems below.
  • Freeze-button needed - with this button can u freeze the mouse steering in last position and fast click in the connections-list without ramming the wall.
  • While typing a message go the steering wheel in straight position. This feature is not needed and should be disabled. Instead should the steering just be enabled while typing a message, then is it possible to type and drive without any accident. Edit: (problem is already solvable, because the mouse-xy-axis can be used in a wheel-setup.)
  • A toggle key to toggle all controls. The release of the toggled controls can just made with the control button himself. (I suggested this already in an other thread, but maybe have it no developer noticed.)
  • A little cruise control, special for us poor mouse-drivers, will be nice.
  • Maybe a y-axis use for throttle and brake??? But the dutch racer-project shows that y-axis-use for throttle and brake is really hard to handle because the behavior of the steering axis is than a lot more difficult. Therefore i can understand because you don´t wanna use the y-axis of mouse for some controls. But maybe should it be a setup-option that everybody can test the behavior, and someone wanna maybe learn to drive with it, and i believe it need more skill, but it is possible to drive with it a world record, i guess. Edit: Thats already possible with a special-trick, and steering is not so difficult like i said!
Mouse-Steering - Some Suggestions

Here's a suggestion.............BUY A WHEEL

sorry ,couldn't help myself
Quote from The Moose :Mouse-Steering - Some Suggestions

mean bastard

im a mouse driver myself and agree with every point except that "cruise control"
that really isnt needed, u can have almost the same result when u play a bit with the button control rate.
#4 - dev
Quote from The Moose :Mouse-Steering - Some Suggestions

I felt reborn when I bought my first wheel It was a Logitech Formula Force EX... then I felt reborn again when I bought the G25

On topic: +1 for the ideas... I know i hated the problem with typing messages...
Quote from matze54564 :
  • Maybe a y-axis use for throttle and brake???

This is already possible and is how I race all the time. You just have to select 'wheel' as your controller and then assign the corresponding axes. It really is not that hard to use at all.

The throttle and brake also needs to use the 'combined' setting so that the upper portion of the screen is throttle, and lower portion is brake, with an amount of deadzone in between according to how you set that up.
Quote from NetDemon01 :This is already possible and is how I race all the time. You just have to select 'wheel' as your controller and then assign the corresponding axes. It really is not that hard to use at all.

Special thanks for your instructions, i go now to test this out.
Edit: Made, i´m really happy now i love it, it is more easy than in the dutch racer project.
New edit:
  • Type and drive is possible by use the mouse-xy-axis in a wheel-setup. Great! Just my freeze-button for click in connections-list is nor needed
#7 - wark
Scawen's said he's not going to add any more features for mouse or kb. :Kick_Can_
Quote from wark :Scawen's said he's not going to add any more features for mouse or kb. :Kick_Can_

I agree with scawen, mouse steering is not good. I use now x and y and the y axis use disturb the x-axis. Therefore ill going to buy a game-controller, maybe G25.... or another with more than 4 axis and high axis-resolution.
iv used mouse steering and wheel. i use wheel dur in the day when the wheel noise isnt anoying and at night time i use mouse, tbh im actually faster on my mouse but wheels more fun.

and no i dont think anything should be changed for the mouse its perfect as it is.

i use mouse left and right for steering and W for throttle S for brake A for shift down D for shift up R for rear view look E for clutch Q for horn Shift for handbrake, C for reset, give it a try its easy when you get used to keyboard and mouse at same time
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :iv used mouse steering and wheel. i use wheel dur in the day when the wheel noise isnt anoying and at night time i use mouse, tbh im actually faster on my mouse but wheels more fun.

and no i dont think anything should be changed for the mouse its perfect as it is.

i use mouse left and right for steering and W for throttle S for brake A for shift down D for shift up R for rear view look E for clutch Q for horn Shift for handbrake, C for reset, give it a try its easy when you get used to keyboard and mouse at same time

When you not have a axis for throttle and brake and when you not hate to drive always with full throttle and full brake, then use your mouse-x-axis in a wheel-setup, because then can you type and drive with just a mouse. The buttons will be not changed.

Go just in Controls, chose there wheel / js, and click there in the middle/right at Axes / FF. Click there at Steer and chose at right side in "Available Axes" at Mouse-X. If this made, you can steering and typing with only a mouse, thats the Reason. For throttle and brake can you use the Mouse-Y-Axis or just your old buttons, or your wheel or whatever.
and after typing all that dont you think its easyer to buy a wheel?

there fun but the only problem is at 4am you cant use it when it sounds like a washing machine drum
eww, that must be awful to drive.
i prefer the buttons
beside the fact that i can barely see anything on that screenie, all so blue

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG