The online racing simulator
Option to not change tyres at pitstop
Just a thought that i would imagine will be easy to implement.

Was doing a practice race yesterday and i didnt have enough fuel to do the last lap, so i went into the pitstop settings (F12) to setup a splash n' dash and i noticed that you can set your tyre settings to always change, but you cant set them to not be changed. You can set it to change if >90% wear, but for splash n dash purposes it would be nice to be able to select 'do not change tyres'

Just a thought
I was thinking something similar driving back from Nottingham. Perhaps, I was thinking, have Never Change at either end of the scale:

Never
Always
10%
20%
90%
Never

That way you can just use always and never (they are next to each other), but can nip from 90% to never if needs be.
Or you could just make the list loop round.
What I would really like personally is an option to put no fuel at all. Not 5%, 0%. You know sometimes you just puncture a tire and have to do an unscheduled pitstop quickly to finish the last laps of the race but you don't need to add fuel since you already did that in your previous stop (which was scheduled).
I mean ok, we can't not repair damage. Fair enough as it doesn't really do any harm if it doesn't touch the suspension ATM, so being forced to repair it kinda makes up for these NYI features of the damage engine, but being forced to add fuel is really unfair.

That said, I will agree with the point of the topic, although I personally just make the "change tyre if wear = x%" value higher to avoid LFS changing when I don't want.
#5 - Chaos
good idea to have the option not to add fuel...
and the same with the tyres ... happened to me once that they only changed the rear left tyre in the pits... :doh:
I had race with forced pitstop yesterday and I was looking for setting not to change tires too (90% works but "never" option will be nice)

Changing fuel slider start from 5% to 0% is good improvement. Not only for pit refueling but for initial amount too. We had race in lowest fuel consumption (longest distance) and 5% for start is very much when you can do lap under 0.1%
An option to make the car only change the rear/front tyres. For Fwd cars the front tyres are the ones that take the punishment. The same for the fzr but for the rears. I know u can "dial" this in with tyre wear percentage but it isn't always easy to know how much they are worn. That brings me to the point of showing percentage worn somewhere, like in F9 or F12.
an option to force it to always change both front or both rear tyres, if one needs changing, rather than making it lopsided...
A predicted tyre life-span indicator in the pits. So you could do a few laps and then come in, look at your tyres, and see an estimate, based on wear-rate, of how many laps you could do on one set. Sort of like what your engineer might be able to tell you, so approximate and with a margin for error would be more realistic than exact.
Quote from sinbad :A predicted tyre life-span indicator in the pits. So you could do a few laps and then come in, look at your tyres, and see an estimate, based on wear-rate, of how many laps you could do on one set. Sort of like what your engineer might be able to tell you, so approximate and with a margin for error would be more realistic than exact.

that sounds coOL...
btw, sinbad, thx for your uf1 aston cadet rev. set
if you like to drive a 1h race tonight (quali is at 8pm gmt+1) just sign: http://uf1champ.crazyice.net/ (use google to translate, works fine!)
thought this could be something for u
And an other option: Repair, or don't reapir ...
I agree with the tyre one, but no the repair one.

Think about it. You bend your car body a bit. At the moment you can carry on driving with no penalty at all. The ONLY penalty is 4 seconds in the pics. In real life, or in LFS when it's a bit more advanced, you bend your car, lose 10 seconds a lap cos the bodywork fouls the wheel or your radiators crack, THEN you can have the option to turn off the damage.

As it is now, the only reason NOT to damage your car (not including the suspension) is the pit stops, and I think you've got to have an incentive to keep it out of the walls...
Quote from tristancliffe :I agree with the tyre one, but no the repair one.

Think about it. You bend your car body a bit. At the moment you can carry on driving with no penalty at all. The ONLY penalty is 4 seconds in the pics. In real life, or in LFS when it's a bit more advanced, you bend your car, lose 10 seconds a lap cos the bodywork fouls the wheel or your radiators crack, THEN you can have the option to turn off the damage.

As it is now, the only reason NOT to damage your car (not including the suspension) is the pit stops, and I think you've got to have an incentive to keep it out of the walls...

Yes, you are right, but if we push a little further, there should be different type of damage for each car. What I mean is that damages are different for each cars and that they will not cause the same amount of trouble. For example, if you hurt a bit the front of a GTI, it's not that terrible, okay, paint is scratched :P, but if you crash a bit the front of a FO8, it's not even sure it will stay on the road.

So, it would be a good idea to have a function that allows no car repairs because sometimes it just doesn't affect the car handle.

Also, it would be nice to have something as a damage timer. What I mean there is that damages for a FO8 are certainly slower to repair that damages for a road car.

Just some ideas that we could devellop to do something closer to reality.
Quote from Unaimed :An option to make the car only change the rear or front tyres.

:iagree:
this would be really handy

3j
Quote from three_jump ::iagree:
this would be really handy

3j

..if we just could get it by next Sunday
#16 - axus
I think the tyre change option should be in the F9 menu and you should be able to do it for every single tyre. I also think there should be 2 types of fuel loading on pitstops - add x% fuel, or fill tank to x% fuel. Now we only have fill tank to x% fuel.
Quote from tristancliffe :I agree with the tyre one, but no the repair one.

I think he meant to just add an option to not repair anything in the pits. Not disabling the damage...Hope there never will be that kind of switch to turn off damage - that's a driving aid.

In real life, if you bend your car so badly you will have to quit.

EDIT. actually you said something else that I though first. So is it OK to force fix damage during pitstops because of the faulty damage system? Why dont' we allow traction control to the F08 because it spins quite easily in the first gears?
hobbling driver choice during pitstops to make up for other current flaws seems a little backwards thinking to me.
An option to change only 2 tyres would be very useful, but not only front/rear but also left/right (this option for oval track).

One more thing. It would be nice if we could change 2 tyres at the same time. It would spare some time and I think that we would have some more strategies to choose from.
Quote from axus :I think the tyre change option should be in the F9 menu and you should be able to do it for every single tyre. I also think there should be 2 types of fuel loading on pitstops - add x% fuel, or fill tank to x% fuel. Now we only have fill tank to x% fuel.

Or just simply chanhing the % values to litres. It's awfully confusing to play a lottery with the percent values.
shoulda looked at this thread earlier. I made an app quite a long time ago that lets you set the tyre change % over 90% e.g 101% for never change. It would require fonnybones permission to release though.
I didn't want to make a new thread just for this but here's one improvement (pistop related):

If we some time get the realistic starts with false starts, why not implement the same thing to pitstops? I mean that you had to have brakes on all the time and clutch pressed.

And leaving too early may set your car on fire (Leaving in the middle of refueling. Joking actually here ) or leaving with loose tire, that comes off eventually.
I have read the above, and I have another option. From the Server, FORCE drivers to make a tyre change. So what i mean is, a server option, like Force Pitstops, you can turn on an option that forces drivers to change tyres also when they make a pitstop.
what point would that really serve though?
Well, when there is forced pitstop, most people just stop in the box and get 5% more fuel and head back to the track. This is the fastest way atm.

In real life there is usually/sometimes a forced tire change when there is a forced pitstop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG