The online racing simulator
LFS on Linux?
(56 posts, started )
LFS on Linux?
I heard about Cedega utility for Linux (http://transgaming.com) which somehow emulates DirectX functions and dynamically linkes Win32 code and implements Win32 API. But how about performance? Have anybody ever tested it?
On its homesite is posted LOONG list of "working" games.
(I don't believe it so much - DX emul under Linux???... strange)
Theres been a number of threads about this in the past. Most of them on RSC, but one or two here as well.

In short yes it does run (sometimes), but not with great performance. I was running a really old CVS build of wine (what cedega's based on) and it worked perfectly. Since then its been getting poor performance.
#3 - Renku
LFS on Linux
I thought I would give the guys on illepall Linux Boxes something to cheer about.

This is RebelBase, running Ubuntu Linux 5.10 (Breezy).
Attached images
I_can_do_it_2.png
The question is, does LFS run well when in game, and online? Thats where the performance often comes into massive doubt.

To let us know, which version of cedaga is that? Your own CVS build, or the proper version?
Quote from the_angry_angel :The question is, does LFS run well when in game, and online? Thats where the performance often comes into massive doubt.

To let us know, which version of cedaga is that? Your own CVS build, or the proper version?

The game runs very well. I get between 30 and 60 fps. I am using Cedega 5.02, with the registry from Wine 20050725. The wine install is the default Ubuntu package installed with Synaptic. LFS gets better fps using the cedega reg file but you can't unlock the game. I have been though the reg files of both, and cannot locate the difference between them that allows you to unlock. I have AF set at 4x and AA set to 4xBilinear. I think that using the cedega reg file would give better performance. LFS needs a Linux port. I know quite a few people who would pay double to get it. I would, if that is an incentive.

I've included one more screenie. I really just wanted to prove it works. I circled the FPS counter in the LFS window, it's below 30 because the screenshot program maxes out the CPU when starting. I have the perf mon up to show the mem usage and CPU cycles. The machine is an Athlon XP 3000, 256mb ram, 200gb HD, TV card, 2 nics, ieee, usb2, dvd, cd-rw, NV Gforce 5600 FX 256mb. This OS and Machine are very stable. I could run 2 instances of LFS in window mode and still play or do other work. Linux rocks.
Attached images
desktop1.png
Quote from tecwizrd :The wine install is the default Ubuntu package installed with Synaptic.

Have you edited your synaptic/apt sources at all (either through synaptic itself, or manually editing /etc/apt/sources.list) at all? (Just want to know as this affects what package is installed by synaptic)

Other than that, very nice work on the report dude :up: Might be time to start playing with LFS client on linux again
Vote for LFS in appdb.winehq.org
Quote from tecwizrd :... LFS gets better fps using the cedega reg file but you can't unlock the game. I have been though the reg files of both, and cannot locate the difference between them that allows you to unlock.

I'm using Gentoo Linux with Wine 0.9.2 and Cedega 5.0. In Cedega, to unlock the LFS, you need put in the system.reg the missing key: "ProductId"="12345-oem-0000001-54321"

[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion] 1134101496
"CommonFilesDir"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files"
"FirstInstallDateTime"=hex:21,81,7c,23
"ProductId"="12345-oem-0000001-54321"
"ProgramFilesDir"="C:\\Program Files"
"RegisteredOrganization"="Change preferred organization in ~/.wine/system.reg"
"RegisteredOwner"="Change preferred owner in ~/.wine/system.reg"

I'm registered in the http://appdb.winehq.org and include LFS in database to vote. More votes, more chance to the devs of wine to make more compatible.
angry_angel

I did modify /etc/apt/sources.list by rewriting the whole thing with this sources.list from ubuntulinux.org unofficial guide.
------cut here-----
#deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.10 _Breezy Badger_ - Release i386 (20051012)]/ breezy main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch updated software from the network
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch major bug fix updates produced
## after the final release of the distribution.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-updates main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-updates main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy universe

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security main restricted

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security universe
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security universe

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy multiverse

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main restricted universe multiverse
------cut here-----

other than that I found wine in synaptic and told it to install. wine will not run video but sound worked.

I downloaded the cedega-engine-5.0.2-local-update.i386.cpkg as well as the cedega_5.0.1_i386.deb file from transgaming. I believe the wineX cvs would suffice though. I can use the gui to launch LFS but prefer the CL because of the feedback.

anyway thanks for the flowers
wholy macarel
Vagner

Thank you for the code. I threw my hands in the air with glee when I saw it. I have been looking for it since I began playing LFS. I bow down before you.

I will vote for this on the winehq board, but I do wish the devs would allow us a client. I pay the monthly fee for cedega because I want to play this game. I just as gladly would pay the devs the same fee for a naitive client.
P.s.
I now have LFS running and unlocked using cedega reg file. fps jumped from an average of 35-40 to avg 60 I see 100 or more at times.
Quote from tecwizrd :I will vote for this on the winehq board, but I do wish the devs would allow us a client. I pay the monthly fee for cedega because I want to play this game. I just as gladly would pay the devs the same fee for a naitive client.

Me too.

Hey Scawen. If you read this, take a look in the http://winehq.org/site/winelib about Winelib. Winelib is a development toolkit which allows you to compile your Windows applications on Unix.
I am now trying and using Linux most of the time. I use PCLinuxOS www.pclinuxos.com << very easy to try and/or install. Download and burn the Live Cd for trying without installing anything.

Anyway, I have been trying wine and I too can only get sound to work. no GUI for me to navagate through (just a black window) When the game starts I see the LFS logo but when the car starts to drive I see the Forces mode of the car for a spit second then its all black.

if someone could please write a tutorial on what is needed to install LFS on a Linux box.. and what files need to be edited It would be greatly appreciated!

For those of you who have never tried Linux or have tried it in the past but was not impressed I encourage you to go do some investigating. Linux has made some great leaps recently in making life alot easier for us non code junkies

"Live CD" is a term you will see alot with Linux. It means you can load a CD in your CD tray and reboot your machine. (if your BIOS is set to read CD drive before HD) Upon reboot your machine will read the CD and load Linux into your memory (not your Hard Drive) and you can try Linux without putting anything on your PC. The more memory you have the better. If you decide to install things run alot faster from the hard drive. Linux is much more efficiant than Windows.

Linux is just a kernal.. but you will find alot of diffrent distributions of that kernal packaged with tons of free software. Like I said above I use PCLinuxOS. It is geared towards Windows users wanting to try or convert to Linux. It has great FREE support. Donations are welcome but not mandatory.

if you are intrested in trying things.. do a search for "Linux Live CD" and you will find plenty of ISOs to download. Only a few of them have a price.. most are Community developed and therfore are free of cost and copyright. You are actualy encouraged to copy/share/edit/and distribute!
I'm a little noob but...
What version of wine?
Did you installed de drivers for nvidia/ati ?
What "glxinfo | grep render" results?

I try to help you as I can.
#15 - Jakg
can you please give me an iditos gide for "my friend" who doesnt know that much about Linx to run LFS On it?
Quote from Jakg :can you please give me an iditos gide for "my friend" who doesnt know that much about Linx to run LFS On it?

Unfortuantely due to the nature of Free / Libre and Open Source software, there are many alternatives for almost everything at every layer of the stack - including the kernel. This means that making a 1 stop DIY guide very, very difficult.

For example, if you use anything Redhat derived you use YUM to do your package management, if you're doing things on a Debian derivative box (like you should) it probably uses APT. If you like compiling things, which I very much doubt if you're asking for a guide, then its not going to be easy. It then comes down to the fact that we dont know if you're using Wine, WineX, or Cedega for the Windows API / DirectX emulation, what distro you're using, what repositaries you have enabled, what graphics card (and whether you have any inhibitions of running non-Free binary drivers).

@ Crumbut: Are you using a LiveCD to try out Linux to run LFS? I've never used PClinux but I'm prepared to stake my (rather poor) reputation that it doesnt allow you to upgrade various packages. In the past several versions of Wine either break, kill or maim LFS totally....
Quote from the_angry_angel :

@ Crumbut: Are you using a LiveCD to try out Linux to run LFS? I've never used PClinux but I'm prepared to stake my (rather poor) reputation that it doesnt allow you to upgrade various packages. In the past several versions of Wine either break, kill or maim LFS totally....

no, as I pointed out I have PCLinuxOS installed. I understand about the diffrent distributions using different things.. but most share the common elements that allow 3d games to run (I assume so anyway). There are a few that are free and available including Duke Nukem 3d and Scorched earth 3d. Both run on my machine in Linux.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from the_angry_angel :Unfortuantely due to the nature of Free / Libre and Open Source software, there are many alternatives for almost everything at every layer of the stack - including the kernel. This means that making a 1 stop DIY guide very, very difficult.

For example, if you use anything Redhat derived you use YUM to do your package management, if you're doing things on a Debian derivative box (like you should) it probably uses APT. If you like compiling things, which I very much doubt if you're asking for a guide, then its not going to be easy. It then comes down to the fact that we dont know if you're using Wine, WineX, or Cedega for the Windows API / DirectX emulation, what distro you're using, what repositaries you have enabled, what graphics card (and whether you have any inhibitions of running non-Free binary drivers).

using either Breezy or Suse 9.3 proffesional, although i would rather be using Breezy (i love the free cd's they send out!)
Quote from crumbut :no, as I pointed out I have PCLinuxOS installed. I understand about the diffrent distributions using different things.. but most share the common elements that allow 3d games to run (I assume so anyway). There are a few that are free and available including Duke Nukem 3d and Scorched earth 3d. Both run on my machine in Linux.

Sorry Crumbut, I totally missed out on the fact you have PCLinux installed - must be all these late night moshing sessions. I'll dump PCLinux on a Virtual Machine later today and have a quick play, see what its all about and if I can come up with any ideas. Out of interest, does GLXGears work (dumping "glxgears" into a term should be enough to invoke it if you have the package installed)?

Jakg, I'll do a little rough tutorial for Breezy today too, if I get the time. Its all down to how many customers interrupt me at the moment...
I cannot find "GLXGears" anywhere. can you direct me to it. Thanks.
I'm afraid I think in debian terms, as thats what I've primarily run over the years. And by default its usually installed with the X window system and OpenGL.

I assume you're doing this from a terminal/console (if pclinux lets you do that?)? If so are you trying it all in lowercase? Does "glxinfo" throw anything back at you either?

@Jakg and others - I'm doing a little howto on installing LFS and Wine under ubuntu tonight (as soon as qemu starts playing).
#22 - avih
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'm afraid I think in debian terms, as thats what I've primarily run over the years. And by default its usually installed with the X window system and OpenGL.

I assume you're doing this from a terminal/console (if pclinux lets you do that?)? If so are you trying it all in lowercase? Does "glxinfo" throw anything back at you either?

@Jakg and others - I'm doing a little howto on installing LFS and Wine under ubuntu tonight (as soon as qemu starts playing).

are you going to run lfs on wine on ubuntu on [k]qemu?? will u get more than 1 fps? great combo though i've been running various live cds on kqemu (win32) and it's pretty fast, for a vm, nowhere near playable for 3d games though i'd say... and last time i've checked vmware was still quite faster. i know it's not oss, but it's fast
Quote from avih :are you going to run lfs on wine on ubuntu on [k]qemu?? will u get more than 1 fps? great combo though i've been running various live cds on kqemu (win32) and it's pretty fast, for a vm, nowhere near playable for 3d games though i'd say... and last time i've checked vmware was still quite faster. i know it's not oss, but it's fast

I use qEmu for a lot of my testing. I've not got a full working distro on my main desktop at the moment (thats what I get for playing with Arch Linux this month), and my headless debian server isnt exactly ideal for testing WINE and LFS

I've had LFS running "ok-ish" under Ubuntu before, but I cant remember the exact steps I went about, so running a quick install of ubuntu on a VM should help me get the steps right for those who arent familiar with linux Yes VMware is faster, but its not Free and I dont happen to have a copy at the moment That said I do have access to MS Virtual Server 2005 at work Which is very very fast But I wouldnt bother running anything serious X wise on it.
Quote from the_angry_angel :

Yes terminal.

name of display: :0.0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
server glx extensions:
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
GLX_ARB_multisample
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.3
client glx extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float
GLX extensions:
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce4 Ti 4600/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 1.5.5 NVIDIA 81.78
OpenGL extensions:
GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_multisample,
GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object,
GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_shadow,
GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shading_language_100,
GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression,
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_add,
GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle,
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object,
GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_window_pos,
GL_S3_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra,
GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract,
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_Cg_shader,
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays,
GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_paletted_texture, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object,
GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,
GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs,
GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_texture3D,
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map,
GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine,
GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic,
GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_object,
GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_HP_occlusion_test,
GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat,
GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color,
GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_fence, GL_NV_fog_distance,
GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint,
GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_pixel_data_range,
GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_NV_register_combiners2,
GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc,
GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_texture_shader,
GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_NV_vertex_array_range,
GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1,
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_SGIS_multitexture, GL_SGIS_texture_lod,
GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_SUN_slice_accum
glu version: 1.3
glu extensions:
GLU_EXT_nurbs_tessellator, GLU_EXT_object_space_tess

visual x bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer ms cav
id dep cl sp sz l ci b ro r g b a bf th cl r g b a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------
0x21 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x22 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x23 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x24 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x25 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x26 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x27 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x28 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x29 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x2a 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x2b 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x2c 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x2d 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x2e 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x2f 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x30 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x31 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x32 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x33 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x34 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x35 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x36 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x37 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x38 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x39 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x3a 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x3b 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x3c 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x3d 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x3e 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x3f 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x40 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x41 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x42 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x43 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x44 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x45 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x46 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x47 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x48 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x49 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x4a 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x4b 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x4c 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x4d 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x4e 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x4f 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x50 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x51 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x52 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x53 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x54 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x55 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x56 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x57 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x58 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None
0x59 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x5a 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x5b 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x5c 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x5d 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x5e 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x5f 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x60 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x61 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x62 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x63 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x64 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x65 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x66 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x67 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x68 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 24 8 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x69 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x6a 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x6b 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x6c 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x6d 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x6e 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 2 1 Ncon
0x6f 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
0x70 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 4 16 0 16 16 16 16 4 1 Ncon
[crumbut@localhost ~]$

make any sense? LOL
and heres what happens on glxgears (now it works)
Attached images
PCL4.jpg

LFS on Linux?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG