The online racing simulator
Unlockable S1
(166 posts, closed, started )
Unlockable S1
Since everyone seems to be too thick to get the point, I'm afraid that I have to hammer the point home:

THESE PATCHES NO LONGER WORK FOR UNLOCKING. THEY ONLY ALLOW YOU TO CONTACT THE MASTER SERVER TO GET A SERVER LIST. UNLOCKING NO LONGER WORKS.

These patches now appear to be unable to unlock, probably due to changes in the master <-> client protocol and the unlocking mechanism. There's not much that can be done about this, without knowing the previous protocol and making some form of proxy/translator, or the LFS developers helping out. I personally see no benefit in doing anything more with these patches, as I have no interest.

Attached are the full client versions of
1. 0.3H6 - The last of the S1 releases ** You probably want this one **
2. 0.3H4 - The original version I had when I tested this
3. 0.3H
4. 0.5Q - Technically not a S1 release, but was popularly requested
5. 0.5P

In all instances you'll the original "installation" version. Then just extract and run the patched executable instead.

These are third party "patches", and are totally unsupported by the official development team. It comes with no warranty of any kind. If you screw your LFS install, run out of unlocks, it's not my problem, and not theirs.
Attached files
LFS 0.3H6 - Patched.zip - 1.1 MB - 5617 views
LFS 0.3H4 - Patched.zip - 1.1 MB - 2113 views
LFS 0.3H - Patched.zip - 1.1 MB - 3249 views
LFS 0.5Q - Patched.zip - 800.2 KB - 2876 views
LFS 0.5P - Patched.zip - 766.2 KB - 2567 views
it would be nice if someone could provide download links for S1 0.3H
would like to give this a shot
#3 - troy
there you get it

http://software.filefront.com/ ... software_information.html

edit: now we just need a server online
edit2: be sure to download the full version 0.3A and then patch it to H the others are demo only
edit3: last edit i promise ^^ thx of course to the maker of this wonderfull tool
thanks mate

and yea, a server wouldnt be bad
Heh, I'll see what I can do

The dedi exe is available now at least
i actually have a server running atm, so feel free to join....should work without problems i hope
Karl -

LINKS REMOVED
Thank you Ben I'll patch 'em now Feel free to remove them from your site.

There's a dedicated server running atm, vote, select, etc. all enabled for the full 15 players 0.3H was capable of running Feel free to go "mad"

Edit: Done. I'd suggest using 0.3H6 as it did come with some nice "fixes".
Would it be ok if someone with at least 600 credits uploads their credits-file? That wouldn't be tied to any part of the user would it?
Awesome, I never knew of LFS back then. I have only played LFS since S2 so I am going to give this a go, just to see what it is was like.

Thanks to the Dev's for allowing this.
yea we had some fun tonight
hopefully someone can provide the file that contains the credits as im too lazy to get them myself
Was a bit weird running S1-content since I only got my license when S2 came out. That FXO was sooo Rice back then :P
Big (useless) spoiler
Poor grip
a huuuge amount of turbo-lag
as u can see at my join date i started with S2 too, but i think S1 isnt that bad in general though.
cars are more stable, no tire damage (hehe good for me with mouse).
biggest minus imo are the sounds.
and grip isnt that bad.
well, its less than in S2 but its still ok.
as we have the chance now, i might run it every now and then
Yeah, sounds like an RC plane-sim :P
Thanks for the tool m8, really appreciate it
very nice, i was hoping for something like that, thanks alot. I have got a question regarding to this topic. Im having S2 Q installed as well and since this was the last one before the big physics update i would like to ask if a patch for this version would be possible as well?
Ok, maybe another question if you dont mind? Are there any major differences between H, H4 and H6? Im still and for ages at just H so im not sure about that.

Sorry, its a bit early and i dont rly get this (damn language barriers):
Quote from taa : The downside is that the original copy of 0.3H is incompatible - which means anyone with an existing unlocked S1 version is a bit stuffed unless they want to run the patched version

so i unlocked S1 before the change of the master server adress and its my very old S1 version from Jan04, do i have any problems now, when patched with one of your files, in my case H ?

Cheers
Quote from 510N3D :
so i unlocked S1 before the change of the master server adress and its my very old S1 version from Jan04, do i have any problems now, when patched with one of your files, in my case H ?

Cheers

no, that only means u wont be able to join servers with 0.3H4/6 patch.
actually i drove enough races to have more than 600 points but thanks anyway
Quote from 510N3D :very nice, i was hoping for something like that, thanks alot. I have got a question regarding to this topic. Im having S2 Q installed as well and since this was the last one before the big physics update i would like to ask if a patch for this version would be possible as well?

If anyone can provide me with patch Q, I dont mind doing it.

Quote from 510N3D :Ok, maybe another question if you dont mind? Are there any major differences between H, H4 and H6? Im still and for ages at just H so im not sure about that.

They're all compatible. If I remember correctly H6 or H4 was the first release with skidmarks, other than that I honestly cant remember

Quote from 510N3D :so i unlocked S1 before the change of the master server adress and its my very old S1 version from Jan04, do i have any problems now, when patched with one of your files, in my case H ?

What I meant was if you don't use a patched version, you won't beable to join games hosted by patched versions. Otherwise there's no problems If you already had S1 unlocked it should remain unlocked
Any servers running?
There's 1 at the moment, hosted in .de.
I have S1 H (that is S1H 0, no test patches) - is it safe "just" to extract the EXE?
Yes it should be fine to just extract the executable Its working on my install anyway.
I had 0.3H at work, and just extracted the H6 exe, and it's fine. All I need is a wheel at work and I'll be happy.

Alternatively I could just wait til after work and play S1 instead of doing STCC commentary. I'm sure some people would prefer it that way!
This thread is closed

Unlockable S1
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG