The online racing simulator
LFSW ingame is slow...bug or my problem ?
Hi, since patch W i see that LFSW in game is really slower than before. For example /w wr; /w pb and others like that works 2-5 minutes after command... do u know what i mean ?

Its my problem, problem of a server or bug ? I never saw that before...

My internet connection is 3mbit....
LFSW was REALLY laggy again last night in the STCC servers, think it was a good lap or two behind what was happening, I was getting PB notifications nearly 2 laps behind.......
I've noticed this too for a little while. Possibly upto a week, I'm not 100% sure.

If I'm on a server on my own then it's usually not too bad, takes around 10-15 seconds to recieve a /w pb or /w wr.
As soon as one or two people enter the server it starts taking a good 5-10 minutes.
I've also had this same problem in the STCC servers since I installed patch W.
strange, but i'll have a look around some servers tonight at prime-time.

whenever you experience slowness like this, please post about it here right away, so that I can get a little more complete picture and do some checks (instead of a day later ).
btw, is it only during busy hours, or all day long?
#7 - Vain
I've had it yesterday evening for a while on several servers. The LFSW-messages lagged behind for minutes.
Today around 14:00 GMT+1 the problem was gone.

Vain
Quote from Victor :btw, is it only during busy hours, or all day long?

Yesterday, I was on STTC too > I started to play at 8:00 pm...so during busy hours...
for the record, I'm joining several servers at the moment, but there's no lag. Using version W, joining V and W hosts.

So I'm curious if anyone experiences lag right now.
ok now it's lagging.

hummzz
ok i know what the problem is, but i'm not sure if there is a quick fix. The problem is simply our server having problems processing all data in time to respond quickly. It starts to fall behind on processing stats when there are many people online in both LFS and on our websites.
The liveforspeed.net server serves liveforspeed.net, lfsworld.net, auto-download skins, processes stats in background, insim-relay, pubstat, isonline

... lots thus.

It may be that we simply need to expand our hardware, if i cannot improve general server performance by optimizing. But expanding will take a while, hence there may not be a quick fix for this lag quite sadly.
Thanks Victor for an informations...
#13 - Vain
The LFSW-messages lagged behind a lot this evening, but shortly after 21:30 GMT+2 it worked well again.
I don't think that the number of users dropped significantly around that time, so I wanted to report that.

Vain
lfsworld.net doesnt work to me all day long
Is Ph... doing some querys?
Quote from Ondrejko :lfsworld.net doesnt work to me all day long

i noticed that it doenst work only in FireFox browser, with browser Internet Explorer 6 or Opera it works fine. whats the problem?
Works fine in Firefox here
Check your firewall/avirus/ad-blocking extensions etc.

It works fine on all browsers guaranteed.
Im Having that problem too, today in STCC servers, and in others too
2 ideas...

1. maybe all the people who use pustat, get the data at full hours, so the server is slow a couple of minutes after a new hour has begun

2. the isonline images are used in some forums, for example the german 4players forum, which is used quite heavily. I dont know if you get the date for updating those images from the database everytime a request is made (client requests the image), but I guess this can sum up if there are many requests. This is the case when there are 50-100 people browsing a forum that uses those images in every post.
nah, no db access is used for the isonline images - it gets its data from a special server that keeps it all in memory.
Pubstat are all simple queries and no complex ones, so that won't be a problem either.
I suspect several pages on lfsworld to be kinda heavy.
Quote from Victor :I suspect several pages on lfsworld to be kinda heavy.

Would removing the wallpaper on LFSW help save some bandwidth?
Yes, but bandwidth isnt the problem
Also, the wallpaper is disabled for users which arent logged in.

Im wondering which pages are the ones that cause the big trouble... Im afraid its the evil hosts list again oO

Other pages that should be used very often are the PB and WR tables, and the hotlap charts

I hope you can fix that vic, cause it sounds really like a decent problem, specially when looking at the future. More users -> bigger problem
i've never had LFSW this slow before, its been taking me 15 minutes (no joke i just timed it) after i press /w pr to get my pr

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG