The online racing simulator
Voting issues
(7 posts, started )
#1 - wark
Voting issues
I often find it frustrating, trying to get a couple dozen people to vote for restart almost simultaneously. Wouldn't it be a lot nicer if one vote lasted at least, say, five times as long? Or how about till you say otherwise or leave the server?

I think a little vote window/box with check marks next to each racer name letting people know the status of a vote in progress would be nice, but possibly impractical compared to a quick-fix.

Another suggestion: the ability to vote NO. It would be nice to know if people are just AFK or actually oppose the motion--especially w/r/t kicks/bans.

Discuss.
Quote from wark :It would be nice to know if people are just AFK or actually oppose the motion--especially w/r/t kicks/bans.

Discuss.

If they are AFK then they should be spectating. And if you are spectating, then you can't vote!
#3 - wark
I use the term "AFK" very loosely.
i say we have something like wolfenstein ET (well.. visually atleast)

it has like what you say, a little thing off to the side that says "so and so started a vote to blah blah blah"
under that, it says press F1 for yes, F2 for no, and you can see where the vote is going

and the great part about that is that, even if 3 people vote, 2 say yes, 1 says no (this isn't like htis on W:ET though i'm just saying in this case) on a restart vote, then it should restart saying majority of people that voted voted yes to restart

whereas now, if you dont vote.. no one knows if you're saying no and are currently doing something, or if you're impartial or whatever you want to call it

basically what i'm saying is that it takes the majority of the VOTERs' votes and decides if the vote is a go or no go
Sometimes I'd rather race than worry about voting (particularly kick/ban where I haven't seen anything to make me want to kick/ban said individual)

Other times, restart votes seem to start the instant the winner has crossed the finish line & I've still got half a lap to do (though a no vote might help here)
Quote from W1LLSD4D :Other times, restart votes seem to start the instant the winner has crossed the finish line & I've still got half a lap to do (though a no vote might help here)

That one drives me crazy. Might be 5 people on the server, then get flooded halfway through the race with 6 more connections. The leader crosses the line, rudely votes to restart because he is finished, then the 6 new connections rudely vote and everyone elses past 15 minutes or whatever is wasted as they never finish.

I don't care if the last car is sitting right in front of the leader, he deserves to finish his race. If it takes another 3 minutes for him to finish on a slow car / long track or something, then it takes 3 minutes. He deserves to finish his race as well.

I tend to pay attention to the results list and cycle through the cars for anyone still running their final lap before voting for a restart.
#7 - wark
Right. Hence the "no" vote.

Voting issues
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG