The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
****CHANGED RACE ORDER*** Race & Dates
UF1000 Owners Clubs
Race & Dates
version 1.0
04/04/2007

1 Race & Dates

Provisional Race Calender, for the UF1 ‘May-hem’ Cup.

This calender is subject to change at any point.

Round 1 South City
Date Thursday 3rd May 2007
Time 19:00 UTC
Server UF1000 Owners Club Division 1
Server UF1000 Owners Club Division 2
SO3R = NO WIND, Clear Afternoon / SO2 = LOW WIND, Cloudy Sunset.

Qualifying South City Sprint 2 Reversed, 15 minute session

Feature Race SO Sprint 2 Reveresed, 30 laps. (24 laps 80%)
Sprint Race SO Sprint 1, 15 laps. (12 laps 80%)

Pit Stops Function not available

Points Feature/Sprint Race points available only

Round 2 Fern Bay
Date Thursday 10th May 2007
NO WIND

Qualifying Fern Bay Club, 15 minute session

Feature Race Fern Bay Club, 30 laps. (24 laps 80%)
Sprint Race Fern Bay Club Reversed, 15 laps. (12 laps 80%)

Pit Stops Not Mandatory at this round

Points Feature/Sprint Race points available only

Round 3 Aston
Date Thursday 17th May 2007
NO WIND

Qualifying Aston Cadet Reversed, 15 minute session

Feature Race Aston Cadet Reverse, 25 laps. (20 laps 80%)
Sprint Race Aston Cadet, 15 laps. (12 laps 80%)

Points Feature/Sprint Race points available only.

Round 4 Fern Bay
Date Thursday 24th May 2007
NO WIND

Qualifying Fern Bay Green Reversed, 15 minute session

Feature Race Fern Bay Green Reversed, 20 laps. (16 laps 80%)
Sprint Race Fern Bay Green, 10 laps. (8 laps 80%)

Points Feature/Sprint Race points available only.

Round 5 ENDURANCE South City
Date Thursday 31st May 2007
NO WIND

Qualifying South City Town, 15 minute session

Enduro Race SO Town, 60 minute Race (must complete the 60 minutes without disconnection)

Pit Stops One pit stop mandatory at this round to be taken between
5-20th lap. Any lapped or un-lapped car that has not pitted will result in DSQ.

Points Enduro Race points only available for this round.
Apologies if requests should not be made in this thread,

If the race day is changed to Friday, you will receive at least one more entry for an individual driver, as I cannot race on Thursdays. I'll also be making up part of a team.

DE
#3 - Dru
Quote from Dark Elite :Apologies if requests should not be made in this thread,

If the race day is changed to Friday, you will receive at least one more entry for an individual driver, as I cannot race on Thursdays. I'll also be making up part of a team.

DE

Sure you can ask questions here

Unfotunately the Race days are fixed for Thursdays and will not be changed.

Friday is going out night
That's the reason I figured for you choosing Thursdays

Friday seemed a bit more sensible to me as few people would have to work the morning after, and if you're on an early shift, race meetings not starting until 1900 might become a problem. But if earning a monumental hangover is preferable to racing, I can take your point (and let's be fair, it often is )

Do you mind if I ask why they're fixed for Thursdays, as opposed to Wednesdays, Mondays, whatever? Or even a weekend day, to add a bit of realism into it as a 'race weekend' type of atmosphere? I'm just thinking that setting up a poll along the lines of 'Which days are you free to race?' might result in a higher percentage of people being able to make the dates

DE
#5 - Dru
Most racing occurs on Monday-Thursday and you have to be careful to select a day that does not clash with other LFS events, just look at it, if we had our league set for another night it would clash with other peoples events and hence turn out would be low.

We ran a thread prior to this offical one and we have loads of interest for this league with the race night a thursday night

Of Course everyone one has their own opinion but most league work better on a week night rather than at the weekend, unless its an endurance race series like a 24 hour event etc etc that would ave to be at the weekend.

Sorry but we are happy with Thursday being the race night.

Best Regards,

Dru.
There's my inexperience with this sort of thing showing through, then

Not to worry, if it's been decided I can hardly expect you to change it just for one person. Hope I can catch it 'next time', if you run it again

DE
Will there be a the possibility of watching the races via 3D Race Watcher???
Probably not, because most people who want to watch the race, can just race in it them selfs.
But if the request is higher then only 1 person, and it's easy to setup, then I guess it wouldn't be a problem.
Incase any of you are interested; I have added this league to my team's event database.

You can see an overview of the league in your given timezone:

http://www.spdoracing.org/even ... php?mode=league&id=25
http://www.spdoracing.org/even ... e=events&league_id=25

And here is an RSS feed of the league's schedule which is quite nice with firefox:

http://www.spdoracing.org/feed ... gue&id=25&tz=1.00

If you want to add to the database or ammend any of the existing items, you can do so after signing in.

Josh
#10 - mr_x
I may be at the first race... I hope i can be!

I have an apprenticeship interview at West Brom on the 3rd of May, I leave on the 2nd to go down there by minibus and the minibus leaves there to get back to Newcastle at lunch time on the 3rd. I have no idea how long it will take, but hopefully I'll be back in time!
Should manage that, Newc to Midlands is about 5hr 30, take in 1hr faffing a stop at the services, and chances are you'll miss the worst of the traffic, might be a little busy getting into Newc depending where you have to go through etc.
#12 - mr_x
Quote from PaulC2K :Should manage that, Newc to Midlands is about 5hr 30, take in 1hr faffing a stop at the services, and chances are you'll miss the worst of the traffic, might be a little busy getting into Newc depending where you have to go through etc.

yeah, but then I have an hour bus journey back to Consett (if my dad can't pick me up), and that's without traffic. I may be too tired to even think about LFS, but I will see.
#13 - Dru
UPDATED RACE SCHEDULE GUYS - check out the first post.

Order now

South City Sprints
FernBay Club
Aston Cadet
FernBay Green
South City Enduro
#14 - Dru
UPDATE WIND CONDITIONS

South City Sprint 1 & 2 - SO2 = NO WIND, Clear Afternoon / SO3R = LOW WIND, Cloudy Sunset.
FernBay Club - LOW WIND
Aston Cadet - LOW WIND
FernBay Green - LOW WIND
South City Enduro - NO WIND

Sounds good, glad they're being announced before the events rather than when everyone turns up, it just means nobody can complain they werent prepared for this.
just an update:

Feature race will stay with no wind and clear skies, but the sprint race will have low wind and cloudy evening.
So now only 2 of 9 races have no wind?? why not just have all of them with wind then, clearly thats what you guys want and despite the fact that it makes things unpredictable and fairly impossible to practice for something that isnt constant, its certainly less of a moving chicane than nearly everything being modified every day.

Personally im getting a little tired with the constant **needless tweaking** of things, if it needs doing then fair enough but you have to take everything with a pinch of salt right now because in 24hrs time it could be completely different, nothing seems to be consistant and the goals keep moving.

Dont get me wrong, im fully behind fixing things or adding things that may be required, but i have to be honest and say im getting fed up of seeing one thing one minute and something else the next.
I know you guys want to get everything right, and thats great, but this series has gone round in so many circles since the sign-up started that im getting dizzy. Make a decision and unless it has to be changed lets stick to it.
Ok, because there has been so much moaning about wind, which makes teh 'driving experience' so bad according to some, we'll scrap the wind and weather settings we had planned.
It would've been nice to drive around in sunsets and see the windmills turning (also nice background for pictures), but we'll stick to hotlap mode.
If there is a next season we'll plan in time.
The problem with wind is that you cannot control it, and you cannot predict or force it to be a specific way.

Take the none-SO tracks, Round 2 for instance.
15min Qualifying, wind is 5mph blowing NE
25 lap race, wind is 10mph blowing SE
12 lap race, wind is 8mph blowing SW

That wouldnt happen on a race day, the wind direction would be known before the lights went red, instead unless there are flags either side of the start grid or before the first corner you have little information about the conditions. If you can guarantee the wind will be even throughout qual and both races then thats fair enough, but entering into the unknown, reversed grids... is that a good combination?

If you want to run with different moods with the sky n stuff, that doesnt effect things, so i dont see why that couldnt be done, but unpredictable variables i'd rather see avoided.
Still, im not saying dont have wind, my opinion is that its a trouble causer, but thats just my opinion. How things were this afternoon with all the South City tracks having no wind and the others having low wind at least that was simple to follow, but its the constant changing of changes that just needs limiting to issues that need it. If you want something, enforce it, but stick with your judgement calls unless it has to be changed, thats my only moan. Im not bothered if we have to run wind, i have my opinion and thats it, its great if its taken on board but you have to take a stand on things that you believe are fine and stick to your gun. If someone points out a problem then by all means dont stick with things on principle, find a solution that fits and put an end to it.

Its your league to run how you want, im just speaking as a entrant with an opinion, i wouldnt want rules being changed backwards and forwards everytime someone else asked for something to be changed for the sake of it, and i wouldnt expect this to be granted for me. Just run with what you have and dont worry about small things, just stick with what you believe in for as long as its viable.

#20 - Dru
Quote from PaulC2K :So now only 2 of 9 races have no wind?? why not just have all of them with wind then, clearly thats what you guys want and despite the fact that it makes things unpredictable and fairly impossible to practice for something that isnt constant, its certainly less of a moving chicane than nearly everything being modified every day.

Personally im getting a little tired with the constant **needless tweaking** of things, if it needs doing then fair enough but you have to take everything with a pinch of salt right now because in 24hrs time it could be completely different, nothing seems to be consistant and the goals keep moving.

Dont get me wrong, im fully behind fixing things or adding things that may be required, but i have to be honest and say im getting fed up of seeing one thing one minute and something else the next.
I know you guys want to get everything right, and thats great, but this series has gone round in so many circles since the sign-up started that im getting dizzy. Make a decision and unless it has to be changed lets stick to it.

I'm sorry you feel this way Paul,

You see this is the first league that any of us has been involved in running and certainly there have been lots of things that needed to be sorted..

sOme things have been a complete pain, like the sign up then talk of extra divisions then the new patch, then limitations of places on SO sprint then hotlaping to get people sorted then the teams then the servers etc etc, to be honest its been a nightmare, then when we sit down and mamge to grasp a breathe, we remember things like wind which we VERY early on wanted this series to be about (not just hotlapping etc) and as a consequence certain things have ben held up right until the last minute.

I like i have said i apologise for any frustration this has cuased and if you feel like we've messed you about to much then if you don't wish to race, just let us know and we'll tweek things around to fit the people who are left and reserves waiting to get into the series.

I hope this series will be a success, certainly we see it as a learinng curve and something that ZWR has to do as a Team to imporve. Again we all thank everyone who has shown interest and support in this series, we do value people contributions, maybe thats our problem? as we seem to have spent most of our time changing decisions once we've aired them because a certain section of the league racers don't like the proposals being made

Either way, unless this series is a roaring success i do think i'll be organising any future leagues for the forseable future, i'm sure theres a bald patch on the top of my head appearing and i'm sure it was not there 12 weeks ago when we first spoke about launching such a series

Best Regards,

Dru.
#21 - Dru
The problem PAul is that we also take in what people in the laegue says about it posative and negative, rightly or wrongly i value your opinion and comments, like you said, perhaps we should just concentrate on getting the basics right in this series and IF we do a second series tweek it with suggestions and comments from the first.

We were speaking about when patch X is released what to do as it WILL come out before the end of the series, but i expect what we had planned will be deemed too rasdical and will get schunned by various people
#22 - Dru
Quote from Dru :The problem PAul is that we also take in what people in the laegue says about it posative and negative, rightly or wrongly i value your opinion and comments, like you said, perhaps we should just concentrate on getting the basics right in this series and IF we do a second series tweek it with suggestions and comments from the first.

We were speaking about when patch X is released what to do as it WILL come out before the end of the series, but i expect what we had planned will be deemed too rasdical and will get schunned by various people

BTW - it's late, i'm off to bed..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
At the risk of repeating myself, i just think as you just said, keep things simple and get the series underway, dont overly complicate things and see what happens. try to avoid possible complications and problems that may arrise, but all in all see what happens and learn from it, you only figure these things out by trying them and seeing what happens. Most of the changes ive agreed with, but then a few have seemed needless, tweaking for the sake of tweaking.
Wind or no wind, it wont make or break the series, its an insignificant detail which i like many will have an opinion on, but unless those opinions hold enough weight to warrent any changes, stick to your decisions. I dont want to see wind there, but what i dont want is 1 persons opinions making this series something you dont want it to be.

Im not trying to be negative about the series or suggest its a huge problem, im just pointing out what i see (and hear) as being a bit frustraiting, not in a 'f*ck this im off!' way but in a 'now what?' way. Lets try and stick with things said and go with that unless it has to be changed, it leads to less confusion for everyone as the fewer things changed the more likely people are to know the score.
My 2 pence worth, we have the rules now lets just RACE!!!!

Any ideas and changes can be discussed after the series has finished in a thread made for 'Ideas and suggestions for the next series'
#25 - Dru
Quote from Dr Dink :My 2 pence worth, we have the rules now lets just RACE!!!!

Any ideas and changes can be discussed after the series has finished in a thread made for 'Ideas and suggestions for the next series'

If i give you a quid, would you say it another 49 times

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG