The online racing simulator
Reason for kick and ban
(23 posts, started )
Reason for kick and ban
If somebody starts to vote for kick/ban some player, he should enter a reason why he wanna ban this player. Than can everybody read why, and the kick/ban is faster and better. So if somebody click at a kick/ban-button he must enter a reason, otherwise works not.
#2 - wark
+1 a word tells a thousand pictures.
Quote from matze54564 :...So if somebody click at a kick/ban-button he must enter a reason, otherwise works not.

But it would require you to stop the car and manually type the reason every time. But this same line of text could be shown when the player tries to connect back to the host, maybe even include the text into the ban files or something. Or you could have few different reasons, like predefined messages, like "disobeying the rules", "reckless driving" or "rude behaviour".
+1

I often ask for a reason before casting my vote, and I find it annoying and rude that ppl don't tell the reason on their own - I find it even more annoying when several other ppl blindly cast their vote... meh.

I would add that it shouldn't be possible at all to start a vote while racing. Again because lots of ppl don't know whats going on - and therefor have no way to check it out, unless they stop to spectate the "accused".. but lets face it.. how often does that happen??
+1

and i agree with hyperactive

some presets would be nice, but in those atypical cases, there can also be a place where you can put in your own answer
Definately a good suggestion.
Quote from r4ptor :+1

I often ask for a reason before casting my vote, and I find it annoying and rude that ppl don't tell the reason on their own - I find it even more annoying when several other ppl blindly cast their vote... meh.

I ask as well. I don't blind vote. And I know who I can and can't trust when they vote, so there are times when I trust the original voting racer and can blindly vote. But those people are pretty rare.

xxx voted to ban...
Why?
Because he's a crasher!

That is not a valid reason, sorry. Or should I say a trustworthy reason. Just because someone crashes doesn't mean he deserves a ban. Even the best of the best out there crashes at some point. Not everyone who crashes is a wrecker in the demo wrecker sense.

Two years with LFS and very very rarely have I seen anything that deserved a vote ban.
+1

UserX Has been banned (Reason)
+1
Like in Americas Army, you first have to write the guys name and then you chose a number from the list:
1) Soldier is idle.
2) Team killing.
3) Camping
4) Something
Quote from mrodgers :And I know who I can and can't trust when they vote, so there are times when I trust the original voting racer and can blindly vote. But those people are pretty rare.

Very true. If someone really does deserve a ban it usually becomes quite obvious after some time. I say it's better to have one idiot more on the server then to ban an honest racer.

Quote from Kajojek(PL) :+1
Like in Americas Army, you first have to write the guys name and then you chose a number from the list:
1) Soldier is idle.
2) Team killing.
3) Camping
4) Something

Did you ever try using the 3rd option? It starts a votekick on you: "player is complaining about campers".
Quote from kurent :Did you ever try using the 3rd option? It starts a votekick on you: "player is complaining about campers".

Really?? That's hilarious! Although a bit unfair.

On topic: +1
#12 - col

I can't see why this is necessary!

Nobody should be voting unless they've witnessed actions of the bad driver - in which case they don't need to be given a reason...
In the case where the vote is unfair, the vote starter can easily give a fake reason - particularly if there is a multiple choice list...

If I'm racing and some asswipe does something that I think he should be kick/banned for, I don't want the extra hassle - its bad enough that I'm having to find his name on the list and klick the vote button... I also don't want folks to vote unless they have seen that driver doing something ban-worthy usually after a few incidents, there are enough annoyed folks and witnesses to make a fair vote

I don't see how introducing reasons to the process can improve things in any way - it just makes it more complicated and fiddly... certainly won't make it fairer in any way.
I'd like to see this feature too, but without the presets. I like the idea that the vote-starter has to write down what happened, this gives him time to cool down and reconsider the situation, since kick/ban-votes can be a result of overreaction.
Hmm, I agree with Test-Driver. So, +1.

And it's too easy to click on the wrong button ^^ (for example you want to send a msg to a driver, and you click on the kick or ban button instead of click on the driver's name).
#15 - col
Quote from Test Driver :I'd like to see this feature too, but without the presets. I like the idea that the vote-starter has to write down what happened, this gives him time to cool down and reconsider the situation, since kick/ban-votes can be a result of overreaction.

If someone just wrecked you, you don't need to "cool down and reconsider the situation" you need to vote to ban them... preferably without having to stop racing - so typing a 'reason' would just be hassle...
I can envision many votes like:
Jimbob votes to ban theGreatCornholio reason : .
Without a real reason, the folks who woulda just voted without thinking still will, and those who would only vote with personal negative experience of the banee will also still act as they did previosly...
So the only improvement is that the vote initiator had the extra hassle of typing '.' while he was trying to race.
(if you add a minimum number of letters requirement you get "reason: asdfdjk")

Currently if you get wrecked so that you cannot continue racing, there's nothing stopping you from using the chat system to explain in detail what the guy did before or after you initiate a vote to ban - so why does it have to be part of the voting system ? If you are still racing after the incident, the last thing you need is for voting to be more distracting than it already is.

Still haven't heard anything convincing that suggests this would improve the system in any way.
+1, but without minimun of reason..
+1 from me. I agree with the sentiment that it's better to have one more idiot than ban an honest racer. If someone is really a problem then surely things like the wrecker barricade could deal with it?

TBH, the people I want to ban the most are people who spam the ban button and cry over chat after an accident.

EDIT: D'oh...totally meant to put this post in a thread that linked to this thread. Post left here so everyone can lol hard and long at my idiocy.
Quote from wark :+1 a word tells a thousand pictures.

[OFFTOPIC] lol it is "a picture tells us a thousand words" [/OFFTOPIC]
How do you guys manage to type while your racing??
If you use a wheel it is quite simple.
Not for me, I can't really reach my keyboard while driving
+1 for Soldat-style!
It might encourage the system to be used a little more responsibly, but frankly I think it should be junked altogether. I agree with col - if you haven't seen the event, you shouldn't even be voting.

Reason for kick and ban
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG