The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Any hangs or freezes in V6 or V8?
V6 contains an improvement that is supposed to reduce the freezes and lockups reported in V5 by some users.

If you get hangs now, or you did get them with V5 and don't now, please let us know about it!

I don't really need to hear from anyone (the majority of people) who didn't get any freezes or hangs in any version.
Just installed Patch V6 and ran LFS on my COMPAQ Presario B3800 laptop. Still experiencing issues ..

CPU: Intel Centrino 1.7GHz
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
DRIVERS VERSION: 6.14.10.6458

Loaded a MPR, changed view from TV to my custom 'T-Bar' view, cycled through a few cars before leaving my keyboard alone.

Shortly after LFS froze and the sound started looping. After about 5-10 seconds the replay continued. This happened about three times, however the replay did not continue after the third time. The looping went for about 15 seconds .. meanwhile I was pressing the Windows button and CTRL + ALT + DEL. After this time, I was presented with a blue screen (no text) and had to reboot my laptop. At least this time I didn't have to use my recovery cd to get back into Windows

Is there any more information I can provide to help?
I've got no freezes anymore (untill now)
There was just 1 short time less then a tenth of a second, which was like one of those freezes, I think it was a lag or so (?)

@geezer45: which OS do you use? I've never had a bluescreen on XP, not in LfS and not in another game/ application
Quote from geezer45 :Just installed Patch V6 and ran LFS on my COMPAQ Presario B3800 laptop. Still experiencing issues ..

CPU: Intel Centrino 1.7GHz
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
DRIVERS VERSION: 6.14.10.6458

Loaded a MPR, changed view from TV to my custom 'T-Bar' view, cycled through a few cars before leaving my keyboard alone.

Shortly after LFS froze and the sound started looping. After about 5-10 seconds the replay continued. This happened about three times, however the replay did not continue after the third time. The looping went for about 15 seconds .. meanwhile I was pressing the Windows button and CTRL + ALT + DEL. After this time, I was presented with a blue screen (no text) and had to reboot my laptop. At least this time I didn't have to use my recovery cd to get back into Windows

Is there any more information I can provide to help?

Sounds like a hardware issue, perhaps overheating or dated/beta drivers?
#5 - Davo
2 week old install of Windows XP SP2
AMD 3800+ Dual core @ 2.5ghz
nvidia 7900GS stock with 93.71 nvidia drivers
Didn't experience hangs with previous version.

I was in a server at the game screen and everyone was readying up to start qualifying. When everyone was ready and the track should've been displayed lfs just hung at the screen it uses just before loading the start of a race. I couldn't alt-tab out or end task however windows was still running because I got little glimspes as it flashed around in the background when I tried to alt-tab and ctr-alt-del. Couldn't get anywhere so had to hard reset.
^ Was this on V6 or V8?
#7 - Davo
This is the V6 thread isn't it? Sorry just thought it was pretty obvious.
Yes, but maybe the error is already fixed in V8? No?
I've just had it hang,mid race. Black screen and looping sound in v8.
Forgot to save the error address. Will do when it happens again.
#10 - Davo
I'm not sure. It wasn't a shift+u related error, just a very random one. I can count on one hand the amount of times lfs has crashed for me so it's something I thought I'd report in this specific thread for it.
Quote from AndreABG :@geezer45: which OS do you use? I've never had a bluescreen on XP, not in LfS and not in another game/ application

I use Windows XP.

Quote from EeekiE :Sounds like a hardware issue, perhaps overheating or dated/beta drivers?

Hmm not sure what beta drivers are But one thing I forgot to mention is that I recently replaced some of the dds files with high-resolution ones. Could just be a coincidence though.

Anyway, after experiencing the same issues but online (as opposed to just in replays) I reverted to Patch V and didn't experience any issues. I will try V8 in a sec and report my findings ..

Yay drivers 1 lap behind will have a grey pointer on the map ! Such a small thing but soooo useful !!
i just got very bad stuttering driving on aston cadet turbo server. it wasnt safe for me to be on the track with the random stuttering... so i left.

this is when using v9.
I've got an freeze with Patch W. Sound looped and game hang for 5 secs, after pressing several times Ctrl + Alt + Del the taskmanager finally poped up, Alt + Tab was not working. The moment when Ctrl + Alt + Del worked I heard the sound off "connection lost", I tabed back into game and it was unfreezed and the connection to the server was lost
I did get a lock up once... just rebootted... I only just installed the patch but so far no problem.

V

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG