The online racing simulator
LFS 3D Race Watcher / Live for Skidmarks
Enclosed are a few things i've knocked up, a 3D type of LFS Spectator tool or 'Race Watcher' to avoid confusion with the existing program, and Live for Skidmarks which is a sort of 'Skidmarks' remake in LFS.

Enjoy/Despise as you will, then post your thoughts please

Some LFS Stuff I Made
EDIT: Race Watcher Update

For those that demand a screenshot, here's a picture of Race Watcher.

@Mods: its 512.
Interesting, and very nice.

Not sure of the value of Skidmarks, but the Race Watcher could be very interesting with a little more development... Ability to use/create cameras, position lists, background downloading of skins, more/better textures/materials etc...

Not sure if you're planning on developing this further, but I hope you do!
#3 - Davo
That race watcher looks impressive. Are those the actual skins the people on the server are using at the time?

edit: haha yes it is, wow thats really cool. but argh the mouse is inverted lol.
Those are the drivers actual skins and they do download in the background - well foreground, but you can click the race watcher back to the front .

The camera control is not exactly great at the moment, but functional.

The skidmarks is just for fun
Sorry Becky, but the physics of your "Skidmarks" racing simulator are severely lacking (though they beat rFactor already). Also what's up with the tyres? Did you super-deflate them, or was the ground very muddy on that day?

#6 - Davo
If skidmarks was made multiplayer and clipping was turned off for cars itd be heaps fun. More addictive than carribean cruise. haha humpty numpty
Cant really check it at work but I can say I had the 'demo' that was released some time ago and I was really looking forward to this release.

Useful feedback coming later
#8 - S0ul
That looks great,im going to try that out as soon as i can.
Really Great work,thanks
Btw,our skins look neat in thereXD
oO i am little bit afraid....yesterday i was a little rowdy....i hope i ll not baned from the server^^
#10 - S0ul
Hehe,Big Brother is watching you,keep that in mind
Update posted in 1st post with improved camera control.
I get a "memory access violation" message and then it shuts down.
AMD Dual Core 5200+ / 2Gb RAM / nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX
Make sure you extract with the directory structure intact, other than that it shoud 'theoretically' be even more widely compatible than LFS. Having said that, Scawen is a marginally better programmer than I ;D...

EDIT: Which program btw? (skindownloader SHOULD give that error, or something similar)
hey LFSkidmarks is pretty cool. Is it homage to the old Amiga game of the same name?

oh and

Step 5: Beg Becky to finish the multiplayer version and fire up the master server.

beg, beg, beg
#15 - axus
Nice, Becky!
hui Looks fantastic :wow:
Any possibility to use lfs's skin_x folder?
What is the advantage of using Race Watcher? Why not just fire up LFS and connect as a spectator?
Limited slots.
Quote :*STEP ONE*
Upon loading select a server to view, servers will only be listed if A) The server owner has configured their server for LFS World relaying and B) the server has cars on it.

I don't even get a list of servers... the window just stays black. oO
Oh my god, who wants a cheap S2 license? I'm now playing LFSM
Cueball: It doesn't take up slots on the server :P
Getting memory access violation for race watcher.

But Live For Skidmarks r0x0rs. It has a little flavour of GeneRally in the graphical style. GR is great fun, should you be unable to unlock LFS for some reason, it's good. Tiny D/L as well, car and track (OK, you can't make your own objects. But that's part of the fun) modding and AI as good as the guy that made the track.

Is it a bug or a feature that you can turn the car round by steering when at a complete halt?

Now excuse me whilst I find out what Kyoto Endurance would be like ...
This will be great for watching the STCC rounds live
#25 - Jakg
why o why would ye want to do that? wait ONE day and you can grab a replay!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG