The online racing simulator
Fuel light,
(60 posts, started )
Fuel light,
There are 4 things that I think that could be included.

- A low fuel light.
- Posibility fo turning on the engine if you are on the pit, and you ran out fuel.
- Gosht car playing in single player mode.
- And the posibility to configure the F12 key (Pitstop settings)

Ohh , and one more thing, a little (little,little) less of dirty wheels. Sometimes it is just too much.

Thanx, and all my congratulations 4 the best EVER racing simulator.
1. Would be nice yes, Something like: this is the last full lap you can do on this track in this car with the fuel you have left. This would go by lap fuel usage.
2. Already possible, you can even turn it off, default key is I for Ignition.
3. Apparently this is patented afaik.
4. Already possible, you can change the options using the arrow keys. (Oh, you meant mapping F12 to another button? On my DFP i've mapped one button to cycle between nothing-F11-F12)
We don't need a low fuel light when you can check how much fuel you've got left with F12.
Quote from Bob Smith :We don't need a low fuel light when you can check how much fuel you've got left with F12.

Yes, but personally i like to drive with all the things like that turned off. You wouldnt be able to check you levels that accurately in real life (unless your in a racing car) so i dont like doing it in game, same with tyre temps.

Personally i would love a low fuel light.
Quote from Ugo_Xauri :
Ohh , and one more thing, a little (little,little) less of dirty wheels. Sometimes it is just too much.

when i kart raced if i got off line and drove through the marbles my tires were SHOT for a good lap or so. i don't think they've been unrealistic at all.
if anything they clean up TOO quickly.

speedfreak227
what button do i use in F12 menu to change the option i have selected?
#7 - Vain
Up and down cursor-keys?

Vain
I would love a little red flashing light to tell me there's only one laps worth of fuel left. Even though not entirely realistic, it would add to the gameplay, imho.
i mean that when i selected option with up and down arrow keys, how do i change that option eg.tyres slick_R2 to be slick_R3 in F12 menu?
#10 - Vain
Left and right cursor-keys?

(My replies to this thread are somewhat.. unimaginative... )

Vain
when i press left and right keys nothing happens
If you mapped the left and right arrow keys to any function, it'll not work...
Ghost Car isn't patented per say, only the name. Call it something else and all will be well. I don't see it fair that someone can patent or copyright a feature in a game in such a way that it means you have to pay some greedy **** to use it.
Quote from al heeley :I would love a little red flashing light to tell me there's only one laps worth of fuel left. Even though not entirely realistic, it would add to the gameplay, imho.

A more realistic solution would be a light that will start flashing when fuel level is low in general. Like when you have 5% fuel left in the tank or something like that.
Altough in a real race there would be pit crew, who would probably know the fuel level pretty accurately (atleast in race cars like GTR:s and Formulas), so they would be able to tell you when you have to come to the pits.
Quote from geeman1 :A more realistic solution would be a light that will start flashing when fuel level is low in general. Like when you have 5% fuel left in the tank or something like that.

Hell Yeah !
oooh pit crews! :P
Quote from speedfreak227 :when i kart raced if i got off line and drove through the marbles my tires were SHOT for a good lap or so. i don't think they've been unrealistic at all.
if anything they clean up TOO quickly.

speedfreak227

what kinda karts did u race!? i raced karts for years and if you ran wide onto grass or gravel it would take 1 corner, maybe 2 to get the tyres back to normal. i also raced cars and i think the reaction to dirt on your tyres in LFS is WAY too drastic. I mean you do loose a slight amount of grip for a few corners but nothing like LFS. you hardly feel the difference after one or 2 corners. This really needs to be sorted out, it's a major pain in the a$$!
Quote from scotia :when i press left and right keys nothing happens

Hold shift and use your up, down, left and right, worked for me. OR just delete whatever you have the keys assigned to in your options.
Quote from nikimere :i also raced cars and i think the reaction to dirt on your tyres in LFS is WAY too drastic. I mean you do loose a slight amount of grip for a few corners but nothing like LFS. you hardly feel the difference after one or 2 corners. This really needs to be sorted out, it's a major pain in the a$$!

i can think of a good way to sort it out. keep it on the black stuff!

also, the amount of crap your tires picks up highly depends on how sticky your tires are. i've had my kart "stuck" to the track after i've come and stopped in the pit lane. the first time it happened i thought my kart was heavier or something. i just gave a YANK and the "SMACK" of the rubber unsticking from the pavement told me what had happened. if i run my hard compound tires they still handle well but aren't nearly as sticky and don't pick up much stuff offline.

speedfreak227
Quote from nikimere :what kinda karts did u race!? i raced karts for years and if you ran wide onto grass or gravel it would take 1 corner, maybe 2 to get the tyres back to normal. i also raced cars and i think the reaction to dirt on your tyres in LFS is WAY too drastic. I mean you do loose a slight amount of grip for a few corners but nothing like LFS. you hardly feel the difference after one or 2 corners. This really needs to be sorted out, it's a major pain in the a$$!

But maybe it is so drastic because the tires are prewarmed? They are sticky to begin with (even though I don't think it feels like they are)... maybe causing the grass/dirt to stick on longer? I am not sure if the dirt sticks depending on how hot your tires are, but maybe it is. Cuz after a few laps and when touching off track materials, it sticks in an instant and you have a while till it comes off

You have more racing knowledge on slicks Niki, maybe I am wrong
Quote from Tweaker :But maybe it is so drastic because the tires are prewarmed? They are sticky to begin with (even though I don't think it feels like they are)... maybe causing the grass/dirt to stick on longer? I am not sure if the dirt sticks depending on how hot your tires are, but maybe it is. Cuz after a few laps and when touching off track materials, it sticks in an instant and you have a while till it comes off

You have more racing knowledge on slicks Niki, maybe I am wrong

The stickier your tyres are then the more stuff will stick to them, but it will also burn off quicker.
I'm not really worried about 'tyre temp vs. amount of dirt stuck on tyres' i'm just saying that the effect in S2 is too drastic. The way it is at the moment if you run 2 wheels off for a second, thats about the same as running right through a gravel trap IRL.
Dropping 2 wheels onto the grass/dust IRL has very little or no difference. Most of the time is lost by traction loss when your on the 'loose' stuff.
#22 - Mc21
And an engine sound to turn on the engine with

ad like we can stall the engine and stuff
Quote from Mc21 :
ad like we can stall the engine and stuff

You can IIRC, just disable auto clutch in your options.
#24 - Gunn
Quote from nikimere :what kinda karts did u race!? i raced karts for years and if you ran wide onto grass or gravel it would take 1 corner, maybe 2 to get the tyres back to normal. i also raced cars and i think the reaction to dirt on your tyres in LFS is WAY too drastic. I mean you do loose a slight amount of grip for a few corners but nothing like LFS. you hardly feel the difference after one or 2 corners. This really needs to be sorted out, it's a major pain in the a$$!

It's fine as it is. No way should your tyres be clean after one or two corners, not a hot slick covered in grass and dirt anyway.
Well... Niki is (was ) a race car driver and probably feels the tires with dirt on it is WAY too exagerrated (just like he said). There is no doubt in my mind that he got in the dirt/grass a few times in his Alfa 147, but didn't have to slow down to walking pace to make a turn! Nor would he be sliding all over the place probably.

Fuel light,
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG