The online racing simulator
X Motor Racing Beta
(18 posts, started )
X Motor Racing Beta
Downloading the beta now from http://www.exotypos.com/downlo ... torracing.v0.806.beta.zip

Has anyone here given it a try yet? If so, what are your thoughts? From the little I have read about it (the most recent AutoSimSport has an article about it) it sounds promising.

I'll write up some initial impressions about it later tonight with any luck.

edit: initial impression: don't bother. I know that it's a beta and is therefore a bit rough around the edges but they're supposedly aiming for a summer 2007 release and, well, that seems optimistic* to me. At this point, I'd be embarassed to call it even a proof of concept and it's simply miles away from how it has been positioned in the AutoSimSport** article.

* by about 1-2 years
**Yeah, I know, I know, articles in AutoSimSport should be taken with a pinch of salt (perhaps a mountain would be more appropriate).
Yeah, even graphically it looks downright bizarre. Everything is stretched horizontally (or squished vertically if you prefer). Just look at the wheels. They're not round at all.
it looks like it would make a good 4x4 game, but not racing.
Id love to see a hardcore offroad trial or a 4x4 rally game...
Physics don't feel right ATM
Right so the 'trailer' consists of a boxter donuting, dont think i'll bother downloading lol.
omg that game is horrific.
u can do burnouts in the 5 th gear and acclerate that way lol.
ur going 290 but it seems like its 50 kmh
u cant turn at all, cuz u have no grip.
the collision model is one of the worst ive seen in a very long time.
did u notice the manga like stars when sliding on ur roof?

tbh, if they dont change A LOT (actually code a new game cuz this is a mess) they got to pay ppl to play that.
its really that bad
drives like a really bad parallax scroller of the early 80s
I'm sure EA paid you guys to say that!

i can't believe they even released this to the public lol
i just installed it.. and.. i couldn't even get it to work or something, not only would it show like a tiny ass screen, it was like 50 foot view from the 3/4 front right view of the "doxter" .. worthless, and nothing would happen i didn't know what was going on so i just uninstalled it
Quote from XCNuse :i just installed it.. and.. i couldn't even get it to work or something, not only would it show like a tiny ass screen, it was like 50 foot view from the 3/4 front right view of the "doxter" .. worthless, and nothing would happen i didn't know what was going on so i just uninstalled it

u didnt miss anything interesting....trust me.
yeah, pole position for the atari is a more realistic than this game sofar. i cant think of a game right now with handling anywhere near as bad as x-motoring.... maybe a really badly made car for Racer?
#15 - JJ72
aweful in every ways.

why minimize the option menu into a tiny bar which you have to scroll?
um... i have bought S2 and i have been playing S2 for years... i wrecked one wheel with it, used it to "teach" some things to my gf, showed it to friends, etc... i enjoy it very much. i've tried NKP (didn't like it, too harsh i think) and other sims but... all of them are meh...

but when i see something, i say it as i see it. i might be wrong, but if i am right, then it doesn't hurt to admit it, does it?

i tried xmotorracing, the demo, and the simulation feels pretty accurate. i just drove more or less 'legaly' for 100 meters, trying the odd oversteer here and there, trying to get a feel for the car and the steering, and i have to say it did feel... well... familiar :/ it's not 'better' than lfs... it's just different. dunno.

i feel awkward for replying to an old thread... anyway...
#17 - Tuze
Sorry to bring an old thread back, but I was wondering if the physics engine / tire modelling has changed. Anyone who has tried this game recently, or bought it? How does it feel like?

X Motor Racing Beta
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG