The online racing simulator
LFSW acting strange
(46 posts, started )
LFSW acting strange
Sry for another thread but i noticed something wrong and anoying ( i hope it's my pc again not lfsw).
Yesterday i had nice 2 races at as7 in xrt - made nice pb at 2.18 hich is noticable in races history..i got lfsw message with new pb..later after races i saw new time in my tab - today i see old one which was 2.20 and lfsw says i'm online when i'm not...what's wrong?

checked in 3 browsers with and without proxy...cleared cache too..

edit: lfsw now shows i'm not playing which is good but old pb remains in the statistics..

edit2: all my yesterdays pb are gone today from the tabs To be sure i checked in lfs...and it's showing me the old ones :/ )
Atleast one of my PBs which I drove yesterday is gone too. So it's not just you.
I wouldn't mind if it wouldn't show me the lfsw new pb message on server but it showed it and it was there in stats...today all are gone..

It's little more important to me as i'm participating in 950 combo club and every pb is important there :/

I'm going to race more later today and i hope new ones will stay there. Thx
i was doing database maintenance last night (hence the gaps in the graph), but something went wrong and the pb's of yesterday are gone. I'm very sorry about that, but there's nothing I can do about this anymore New pb's will be recorded for sure.
Thank you
That's good becouse i though it was some undetected till now lfsw error..good to know it's not. Thx for answering - to the track then
I noticed LFS World was very slow giving out pb messages yesterday evening (about half a lap of lag) or responding to "/w" commands, this was before the server went down too - is that fixed now also?
if I think it's what you meant, then yes, the maintenance was to optimise the database, resulting in hopefully less demanding processes at peak times. I'm keeping my eye on performance the coming weeks. Maybe we need to add our 3rd server soonish...
#8 - MR_B
Would lfsw update that so we can see the new pb or will the data be out of sync until another new pb is made?
yesterdays pb's are lost - there's nothing to retrieve or update. The pb's you see and have now are what's stored and what will be until you set new pb's.
BTW, when displaying message about PB, why not also show what previous PB was? And as it comes from computer anyway, also why not compute and show difference.

Something like this: somebody drove new pb: X:XX.XX (previous X:XX.XX improvement X.XX).
Quote from hackerx :Something like this: somebody drove new pb: X:XX.XX (previous X:XX.XX improvement X.XX).

+20. Would be very useful IMO.
that doesn't fit on 1 line
maybe just:
somebody drove new pb: X:XX.XX (- X:XX:XX)

i guess that would fit one line
Quote from three_jump :maybe just:

This would be useful I often check my previous pb from h-view, if it's still there...
Vic, can you control the whole message, or do you only return the laptime and LFS fits it into the sentence?
Just wondering, because I really really would like to have a /w wr with split times
But that has been suggested already like 1000000 times, but still - must have

Ahh damn there are so many cool features that would make things nicer

(thread hijack :P)
And would it be possible to have the date and time when the pb was driven shown in LFSworld?
Quote from three_jump :maybe just:

There are 63 characters on one line.

The username needs to have 24 characters reserved to begin with.
I also would like to keep the "LFSW - " at the start of the messages, to indicate the origin of the message. So that's another 7 characters.
That leaves 32 characters to play with for the rest of the message. What can we fit in there? (that's an open question )

Quote from ORION :Vic, can you control the whole message, or do you only return the laptime and LFS fits it into the sentence?
Just wondering, because I really really would like to have a /w wr with split times
But that has been suggested already like 1000000 times, but still - must have

Ahh damn there are so many cool features that would make things nicer

(thread hijack :P)

yes i create the whole message. But split times for wr's has the same problem as above - lack of line-space (or unless you wanna go cryptic-message style)

Quote from Hyperactive :And would it be possible to have the date and time when the pb was driven shown in LFSworld?

nope, don't have that data stored.
Quote from Victor :I also would like to keep the "LFSW - " at the start of the messages, to indicate the origin of the message. So that's another 7 characters.

Could use "LFSW: " instead - saves one valuable character.

But anyway, "LFSW: 123456789012345678901234 drove new PB X:XX.XX (-XX.XX)" would fit no problem, 60 characters max.

And one more question about LFSW messages: why isn't first lap with this track/car message public like PB message is? I guess at least half of times people let others know of that anyway (T - up arrow - Enter).
LFSW - new PB by 123456789012345678901234: X:XX.XX (-X:XX.XX)

61 chars
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : Crap idea anyway
Quote from tristancliffe :LFSW - new PB by 123456789012345678901234: X:XX.XX (-X:XX.XX) [YYY]

LFSW: new PB by 123456789012345678901234: X:XX.XX (-X.XX) [YYY]

That would work. But there's still the problem, what if the PB is over 9:59.99? What if there are more than 999 laps driven on that track? What if you improve by more than 9.99 seconds? They all take additional place away and could lead to an overflow/cutoff.

I think that one would be good enough:
LFSW - new PB by 123456789012345678901234: X:XX.XX (-X.XX)

Leave the damned messages until after the race. No more preoccupation with PBs, more concentration on actually racing. No more crashing 3 seconds after seeing pb message (happens every time ) No more spamming of 'well done's, smileys, 'good job's every time someone gets a pb. (yes I'm as guilty as anyone for that)
Much better to get a nice surprise at the end.
Quote from Doorman :Leave the damned messages until after the race. No more preoccupation with PBs, more concentration on actually racing. No more crashing 3 seconds after seeing pb message (happens every time ) No more spamming of 'well done's, smileys, 'good job's every time someone gets a pb. (yes I'm as guilty as anyone for that)
Much better to get a nice surprise at the end.

[/] = blocks user messages
[Shift + /] = blocks user & system messages
At the end of race type "/w pb" (or use a bind) and see if you have a new pb for yourself

Though I have the feeling you already knew that
Quote from AndroidXP :LFSW: new PB by 123456789012345678901234: X:XX.XX (-X.XX) [YYY]

That would work. But there's still the problem, what if the PB is over 9:59.99? What if there are more than 999 laps driven on that track? What if you improve by more than 9.99 seconds? They all take additional place away and could lead to an overflow/cutoff.

I think that one would be good enough:
LFSW - new PB by 123456789012345678901234: X:XX.XX (-X.XX)

Damn you were quick - I deleted my post immediately when I realised my suggestion was 4 characters too long!!! But I'd like to see the laps done at the same time for some reason. Perhaps LFS could have a Misc option to always hide LFSW unless requested manually.
That YYY for laps numbers would only generate more trouble... I think some oval racers are close to YYYYY Laps and it wouldn't really give you any infos, PB is PB.
In the case of such people, just round up, so that 24335 laps becomes 24k. Anything over 999 can be rounded, it justs to gauge whether someone has taken months to get within 10 seconds of the WR or a couple of laps to get within 2.

Anyway, it's only a suggestion

LFSW acting strange
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG