The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Scenes/Materials
Apart from Ian H's pre-made scenes, are there any other pre-made scenes? and where can i get new materials (ie brake discs), atm im just taking LFS textures and making them targa's, but i could do with something higher quality

And where can i get different wheels?
#2 - Davo
A forum veteran like you I really would've though you'd use the search function. There's a few premade scenes by Morrow. New materials I just use the mod forum and look for some cool dds files. Wheel's you'll have to search for, there's a few free sites out there with some crappy wheels, all the good ones you make yourself or pay for.
#4 - Davo
May I ask how you found out about that site?
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Davo :A forum veteran like you I really would've though you'd use the search function. There's a few premade scenes by Morrow. New materials I just use the mod forum and look for some cool dds files. Wheel's you'll have to search for, there's a few free sites out there with some crappy wheels, all the good ones you make yourself or pay for.

Morrow only released 2 scenes which need Max 8 (i have 7), ive already done the DDS thing, but i was seeing if there was anything better
Quote from Davo :May I ask how you found out about that site?

A forum,i don't know how can i found it, i found a link on that forum, to that forum, than i found a rare topic on that forum, then i found the link to this page
#8 - efast
the files are .7z, any hint how to open them?

cheers
#9 - Ian.H
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Anathema :well...

Here is another 'premade' scene. Based on Ians FXO Scene. There are some mistakes in it, because Im a beginner in 3dmax.

Have fun.

http://rapidshare.com/files/29 ... _support_vehicle.rar.html

^^includes all I used for the scene and the scene itself.

thanks! i looked at this scene and thought WOW, but i thought you'd never release it so didn't ask.

Damn i wish my 3DSMax trial hadn't expired
Student license? Obv not exactly cheap but last time I looked it was £90 for 2 years I think. Not sure if you have to prove if you are in higher education or something though.
#13 - Jakg
i'm 15, i don't have a job and i'm in the market for a moped - £90 for a program i will use for the odd 3D Render using pre-made scenes (because i suck making my own) is something i shouldn't really do - i'll wait until i format and use the 30-day trial and see how i feel

Sorry to double post - are the wheels included in the scene, too?
Jakg set the clock on your pc back a month or 2 so the program thinks your trial is under 30 days.
worth a try.
#15 - Jakg
Hardware or software? (ie in Windows or the BIOS, or both?)
Try Windows it as worked with some programs but i dont no about max.
-
(Ian.H) DELETED by Ian.H
Trucks and LFS
#19 - C40Z
FZR custom edition
Quote from Anathema :Well. There is a nice scene of a truck. (1st picture) Useful for presenting a teamskin. Can be found at http://www.volunteergraphics.com/index.php

I also made a truck-scene Not as perfect as this^^ But if somebody is interested I'll publish it. The modelling is not my own work.

nice trailer can u please release the car-trailer for the community

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a custom FZR scene with butterfly doors,fire extinguisher,3D front lights,new racing seat and some other stuff. i hope u guys like it

greetz caoz
Thats freakin awesome. The best FZR Scene ever.
Looking great.
Do you mind if we use some parts (for example the racing seat and the fire extinguisher) in other scenes?

I'll upload the Scania as soon as I can and modify the post above.
#21 - C40Z
no problem make whatever you want with this stuff
Quote from C40Z :nice trailer can u please release the car-trailer for the community

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a custom FZR scene with butterfly doors,fire extinguisher,3D front lights,new racing seat and some other stuff. i hope u guys like it

greetz caoz

When i open the scene, 3d max popped out a msg box telling me that I miss many DDS file.. like the fire-extinguisher, etc. Those are from Gallardo? I suppose those are the DDS from you @@?
#23 - C40Z
thats not a problem ignore that message and browse only the texture folder from the zip

greetz caoz
Here the UF1 Pickup I made.

Grille and wheels are with it.
Attached files
UF1 Pickup.rar - 226.3 KB - 3634 views
nice! I especially like the front grille. It gives the car a very noble touch.

My truck scene is now available for download. See the post above. Have fun.

Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG