The online racing simulator
karma and time travel
(23 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
karma and time travel
1st let me know if this is spam i got ban after 5 years from il2 forums cause posting off topic so i decide to leave violent games and maybe karmam leads me here, just what i was searching for, hey it even has an offtopic section the vey same reason i got banned

well im working in a reactionless engine and i think that gravity force depends on eccentricity of electrons, looping yoyos

this looping electrons inflate the atom at a rate marked by gravity force(eccentricity of the loop) this would be time

so the looping yoyo behaviour of the electrons causes:acceleration and dilation

acceleration seen on a falling objects and dilation unseen because everithing dilates at the same rate(i think everithing would double size every 30 seconds)

if you make a two looping yoyo like engine you are modelling an atom but you can control eccentricity of the loop and direction at will

you could propel the atom model engine at will but also you can reverse it and not only delay inflation but turn it into shrink, going back in time

this arises the question on grand father paradox

my opinion is the last movie time machine is right he tried to saved her girlfriend going past but she always died somehow

but what i want to ask you is how karma does it

lets imagine some crook wants to go past and kill his grand father not to exist, what would his grandfather see when he explodes a bomb?

http://www.mjyoung.net/time/suicide.html

yes i couldnt believe it either when i saw the site but we must be prepare to fight these crooks in the case timetravel is posible
#2 - JTbo
I think, Karma is like religion and religion is something I don't believe as I'm trusting more to science. So in my opinion there is no such thing as Karma.

Time travel then, it does not seem very likely that you could travel in time, even if you could changing something in past would affect only to one possible future not to all and I feel it would just create new future if something would interfere past from future, that is how I feel how it is, but also I feel that during my lifetime there is no need to worry about this issue and I leave it gladly to next generation as my brain is too small to cope with that
#3 - ajp71
Quote from lerts :1st let me know if this is spam i got ban after 5 years from il2 forums cause posting off topic so i decide to leave violent games and maybe karmam leads me here, just what i was searching for, hey it even has an offtopic section the vey same reason i got banned

Maybe you could have worked out that posting unpunctuated, unreadable drivel doesn't help anyone?
Well you have already posted about your 7 years of work on a revolutionary new propulsion method. I think if there was really something revolutionary or practical here then its best not to publicise it on a gaming forum but crack on with your research and make yourself a famous millionaire
Here we go...................

Karma?.......baloney.........hmmmmm caramel baloney...........
I'm well shocked this thread hasn't been closed already.

The problem is that the OP reads like disjointed treacle. Revolutionary propulsion system? Great stuff. Patent it, experiment and, like Al said, make yourself some serious cash.

The bridge between that and time travel was somewhat sketchy. It relies on a lot of 'ifs' which may or may not be possible. Just because you can simulate the movement of an atom does not mean you could redirect it or expect your creation to behave like one.

And the grandfather theory is bunk. By it's own definition, if you killed your grandfather, you would not be born. If you were not born, you could not go back in time to kill him. Paradox indeed.
Yep, sorry, that website link is waste of electricity, its fantasy schoolboy sci fi speculation and needs to get filed alongside conspiracy theorists and Eric Von Daniken books.
And what does any of it have to do with karma?

Karma is a Hindu/Buddhist belief where your life's deeds are weighed up and you're then either rewarded or punished somewhere down the line.

So a time-travelling Hindu who wants to kill his own grandfather. Right lads, we have the next Hollywood blockbuster.

He's back, and this time he's suicidal. Not content with simply jumping off a bridge, he wants to take his family with him - before they're even born!
Cut to our lad shooting up a gas station or something.
"My life sucks, and it's my grandfather's fault!"
Explosions, explosions, explosions.

The time-travelling Hindu is coming to a cinema near you. And when he says he'll be back...he means it!
Does it play Doom?
#10 - JTbo
Quote from JTbo :I think, Karma is like religion and religion is something I don't believe as I'm trusting more to science. So in my opinion there is no such thing as Karma.

I wouldn't be so trusting into science for that matter either, they're just as likely to fleece the public for "research grants" as a televangelist is.

Time travel impossible? Really? we do it all the time.
think of it this way:
Let's say it takes you 30 minutes to walk a mile. ok?
It took you 15 minutes to walk a 1/2 mile.
Before that, it took you 7 1/2 mins to walk a 1/4 mile
3 3/4 minutes to go 1/8 of a mile
1 3/8 minutes to go 1/16 of a mile
11/16 of a minute (about 40 seconds) to go 1/32 of a mile
20 seconds to go 1/64 of that mile
10 seconds to go 1/128 of a mile (about 70 yards?)
5 seconds to...forget it... my head hurts....

Anyways when you keep dividing the distance, you will find you can keep dividing that distance up forever, like .000005 seconds to go .0003 millimeters. It takes you literally forever to go nowhere, yet you've traveled a mile in 30 minutes.
somebody probably has a name for that phenomenon somewhere.

The major flaw with scientific principle is that it is based firmly on facts and reality. That's the problem. Reality is just a common opinion shared by a few billion nut cases.

Well it IS.....
The philosphy on the page you link is wrong as it suggests things to happen in history as if it is the future, but it isn't the future it is the past.

Think of it like this: If I go back in time and tell Churchill what Hitler's moves and intentions are the Allied forces might win the war. I'd not just get the Gestapo off my back, heck they'd not even exist.

I mean this only in example, obviously i'm a big supported of Heir Ochelheimer and the fourth reich and i'm saying this only as an example. I don't have access to a time machine anyway, honest.

If I did, i'd maybe make it so the invasion of Japan didn't happen because 25 million dead is even today a huge tradejy, even if they where all Japs and Yanks. I think the best way would be to give America the atom bomb, 20000 dead is nothing by comparison.
Unidirectional time travel into the future is very common. One of these well-known time-travellers was discovered in 1936 .
#14 - JTbo
Teleporting has been proved to be possible by science long time ago, but nobody has not managed to actually do that really well. They have managed to teleport some music notes, but that is about it.

Science is not based to just what everyone thinks is right, if you find something new, can repeat and proof it then it becomes new accepted fact, biggest difference is that in science we don't rush into quick conclusions.
Teleportation has nothing to do with time travels into the future. I was talking about muons.
#16 - JTbo
Quote from jamvib :Teleportation has nothing to do with time travels into the future. I was talking about muons.

Teleporting was just example to show how science is not just sticking what is known, but always seeking new things that would add to what is known.

Time travel is bit harder to comment, there is not much evidence, some say that speeds over speed of light are slowing time, but I find that to be bit of same category as 'men can't pass speed of 100kph or he will die'.
In that teleporting experiment they did exceed speed of light however.
Quote from JTbo :Teleporting was just example to show how science is not just sticking what is known, but always seeking new things that would add to what is known.

Time travel is bit harder to comment, there is not much evidence, some say that speeds over speed of light are slowing time, but I find that to be bit of same category as 'men can't pass speed of 100kph or he will die'.
In that teleporting experiment they did exceed speed of lightN however.

Ahhh... The dreaded Light Barrier. Yeah, I don't go for that either.
If we can keep from killing ourselves off, we should be able to get past that as well. Just don't ask me how please, I'm totally clueless about that.
I just have faith that it will be done.
Quote from JTbo :In that teleporting experiment they did exceed speed of light however.

Links please?
#19 - JTbo
Quote from maczo :Links please?

Sorry, but have not any. Did read that from Finnish science magazine few years ago, experiment was not done in Finland, they just published news so would think somewhere can be found more about this.

edit: After bit searching I found this link, no word from teleporting there, but more about that speed of light, however I'm pretty sure that in article there was mentioning that it had to do something with teleporting and how memory capacity and processing power would be largest limiting factors really. But trust my memory and you can as well trust to man that sells you part of moon that says Cheese in label
As far as I know the only practical teleporting experiments have been done with quantum states (information at the end of the day as you've said)
Here goes a link

Edit: About speed light record
The problem I see with these experiments is: what observable are they calling velocity, since it can be measured from different ways: "wave velocity", "group velocity", a composition of both and so on.
Theoretically a mono-pulse can not reach the speed of light.
Quote from Racer Y :I wouldn't be so trusting into science for that matter either, they're just as likely to fleece the public for "research grants" as a televangelist is.

The scientist is held to a somewhat more rigorous standard than the televangelist when it comes to evaluating results. I would say there's a lot more of a basis for trust here.

Quote :The major flaw with scientific principle is that it is based firmly on facts and reality. That's the problem. Reality is just a common opinion shared by a few billion nut cases.

Yes and no. Do you feel we're likely to get access to knowledge that's any more solid than stuff than can be intersubjectively verified through experiment? If so, how do you think this might come about?

If you have serious interests in this area, you might enjoy reading "What is this thing called science?" by Alan Chalmers.
Quote :there is not much evidence, some say that speeds over speed of light are slowing time,..

Oh, I thought there was huge reams of evidence in its favour now, so that even the more sceptical accept it. Super-accelerated particles with known half-lives far exceeding (tens of hundreds of times longer) their natural lifespan when observed in chambers where they are accelerated closer to light speed. Have I misunderstood this?
#23 - JTbo
Quote from al heeley :Oh, I thought there was huge reams of evidence in its favour now, so that even the more sceptical accept it. Super-accelerated particles with known half-lives far exceeding (tens of hundreds of times longer) their natural lifespan when observed in chambers where they are accelerated closer to light speed. Have I misunderstood this?

Is their life longer in our time or in their time ?

If we give number 1 life time to something, then we accelerate it and can see that in high speed life of it is 100, it is in our point of view 100 times longer, but how about from perspective of this something, is it still 1, only that outside is not moving as fast (we who are watching) so we are just living 100 times shorter time from this something point of view.
Hmm, hopefully someone understand what I type, difficult to translate.

karma and time travel
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG