The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
#1 - sam93
Mountian Drift Course
what do you think of have a mountain drift course like whats on initial d and the fast and the furious tokyo drift on live for speed?
A drift specific course? No.

But a circuit similar to Mount Panorama with a stupidly hilly section, 2 or 3 hillclimbs which could be used for drifting? +500

LFS Needs something like Bathurst to really challenge the GTR cars and give the FXR a chance of winning

Bathurst is, IMO, a significantly more challenging track than the Nordschleife (from experience in GTR2, tested with V8 Supercars mod, me driving a Holden). It's the devil's own job to build a setup (long straight, really really hilly bits, The Chase ...) and it's even narrower than Nurby. Whilst the main passing oppertunities are drafting on Conrod straight, the chase, Holden and Hell corners, it's more difficult to complete a lap of Bathurst than Nurby.
it would be awsome if we had a search button. oh wait... we do!
Quote from Gabkicks :it would be awsome if we had a search button. oh wait... we do!

Good point
#5 - Ian.H
Quote from sam93 :what do you think of have a mountain drift course like whats on initial d and the fast and the furious tokyo drift on live for speed?

April's not quite here yet

Either way, a most definitely _NO_ to anything "drift" related.

Regards,

Ian
#6 - Jakg
Im with duke, no moutain drift course but a hill climbs a big yes.

Though i think it would be used for drifting.
#8 - Ian.H
Quote from Jakg :...but the fools already here!

seeya jak.. no time for idiots like you.. go out, get a life, job, woman, whatever.
Do you dislike drifting for the same reasons old people don't like rock music?
Yea but i think some drift lovers would love that as that is how they drift in japan where drifting came from if your not real drift lovers dont post this is for drift lovers
we seriously need a hillclimb thingy
Quote from Gabkicks :Do you dislike drifting for the same reasons old people don't like rock music?

Because it's nothing but a senseless noise? In relative terms, then I guess yes (I'm not old but don't like rock music either).

I don't know how many times it needs to be spelt out, as I was told endlessly when I complained about the lack of 'I' in the AI, it's an "online racing sim".. nowhere in that title to I see the word "drift".. and mentioning a cartoon and FnF (in the OP's case) is hardly something to be taken seriously is it?

"Drifting" IMO is something kids do in car parks when they first get their licenses because it's "cool" and "rebellious". Sure, I threw a few of my cars sideways when I was 17 / 18.. but I grew up

Regards,

Ian
so, you are just a very closeminded person in general? unwilling to see the art or skill in some things?
Quote from Gabkicks :so, you are just a very closeminded person in general?

Not in the slightest.. I'm very open to (new) ideas.. just not pointless ones and art (in many formats) is something very close to my heart

As for skill, as I say, I used to throw my car sideways (pretty sideways too) when I was 17 / 18 and hadn't long passed my test.. so wasn't very skilled at all.

"Drifting"'s just about being a poser.. nothing more, nothing less.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Gabkicks :Do you dislike drifting for the same reasons old people don't like rock music?

Because it drives humanity into total destruction? No. If I had to dislike drifting, I'd dislike it because of the people that..

[stereotype of the year]
Initial D / Tokyo Drift / S2 Demo (for years)/ "custom" low-res headlights in XRT skin / When I turn 18 I buy a Skyline R34 / City Life servers /
[/stereotype of the year]

...fills this section with the same crap over and over again.
so it is too much for me to ask not to put all drifters in that category?
-4 for drifts
+4 for hillclimb reversed
@ Gabkicks

I certainly don't! But I can't deny that stereotype is often the first thing that comes into my mind when I see something drift-related on this forum, like now.
yeah... defending drifting is like defending rap music nowadays.
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah... defending drifting is like defending rap music nowadays.

Pointlessly defending something that requires no talent?

Regards,

Ian
Don't forget the complete lack of the English craft in that stereotype, too :P

-1 for "drift" track. +1 for mountain pass.

@Ian: What's pointless about rock music? Nothin beats a technical guitar riff, coupled with some hardcore percussion work all timed perfectly to some keyboards and good lyrics. (The quality of the vocals themselves is the least important part to me, as long as its not monotoned)

PS: please use search next time.
Quote from MAGGOT :@Ian: What's pointless about rock music? Nothin beats a technical guitar riff, coupled with some hardcore percussion work all timed perfectly so some keyboards and good lyrics. (The quality of the vocals themselves is the least important part to me, as long as its not monotoned)

Actually maybe I generalised a bit there as I did used to like some of Bon Jovi's older stuff (early 90s era) and some of the more softer rock... but I just see / hear much of it as a racket. Quite open to music styles though from Jazz / Blues to 80s / 90s Happy hardcore / Piano House / Jungle / D&B etc. I was a House DJ through the 90s where there was tune to it all, todays "variation" (commercial trance.. older underground stuff is cool though) has become a monotonous noise too.

Back kinda on topic though.. a hill climb would be cool... can see myself trying to set improved times in an LX6 at something like Goodwood

Regards,

Ian
#23 - JTbo
What would be better than blast trough mountain course with RAC?

When you look those mountains with Google earth and see those roads, there comes feeling that it would be great to blast trough them, always then I need to start drawing layouts
Quote from COOP201 from another thread :Christ almighty! Racers and Drifters need to kiss and make up. Yes this a racing game and yes you can drift in it. The best(racing & drifting) in my opinion out of any game. You all need to grow the F*** up. We all want to play in the sand box. Some want to play with G.I. Joes and some want to play with the Tonka trucks. What I'm trying to say is that the sand box(LFS) is here for all of us to enjoy and I don't think anyone has a right to tell anyone how to enjoy their time here.
I love to straight up race. I love how serious most players take it(Redline Racing). Sometimes I get tired of how serious some people take the racing. I'll jump into a drift server(swain,WRX). The layouts they have couldn't be any better for drifting. Drifting with another player at the same skill level as me is just as fun as straight up racing. I will admit I drift alot more than I race but I would never put one higher than the other. Both are a big part of this gaming community. Drifting might not of been a primary thought with the Devs but it is a growing aspect that can not be ignored.
Every time someone make a suggestion about how the drifting experience could be better and someone has to start shooting off their mouth how this is just a racing game or drifting isnt real racing, it puts a knot in my belly. stop being selfish, drink a pint and enjoy what you have with this game.

Sums it up really. People like different things, people may not see how anyone can like something. Personally like rock music and drifting and racing. TBH i like nearly any form of motorsport (apart from oval, i see the skill i just find it boring). There are too many predijuces (sp?) especially on this forum to people and to other forms of motorsport. I don't see why people have sooo much against drifting (not chavvys with hand brake on in car parks, im talking proper drifting) its just petrol heads enjoying cars in another way. All those racers who hate drifters, and drifters who hate racers are close minded and need to grow up IMO. If some says they like motorsport 99% of people on here would get along with them as we all are the same, say they like drifting suddenly he (or she) gets flamed by the majority.

Back on topic - I like drifting but i also see that this is a racing game, just so happens LFS is realistic enough that it allows drifters to enjoy it too. Do i think drifters should get special cars or tracks - no, as said lfs is a racing game and drifters drive normal (Admittadly usually modified) standard cars on normal race tracks, like silverstone for example. So no i dont think drifters should get a moutain road, touge, hill climb (or any other name) do i think LFS would be good with it yes i do but for both time trial, racing and drifting.
Guys some of you must not know the skill u need to drift you cant just throw your car sideways and then just keep it like that espacially when its a tight corner if drifting is pointless why is it a motorsport?

it like way the drift king himself said (Keiichi Tsuchiya) "I started to drift not because it was a quicker way around a corner but it was the most exciting way."

Drifting in away is just racing around a circuit but putting a thrill in to it by sliding around corners.

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG