The online racing simulator
can the subcouncious see the future
(48 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
on the last f1 race shummi started moving the car before the lights switch from the pits

i listen to a known song and when they say a word like sun i think sun at the same time from a thought that started 10 seconds ago

this is normal when i know the song but the odd thing is that has happened to me up to 10 times a day with conversations or unknown songs, is like if the origin of a certain thought was triggered by something from the future

my mother has experienced the same she thought of a snake just before seen it and as my father has thought of a person before meeting or that person calling

i suppose that in an uncouncious level theres telepathy and precognition that would explain this synchronicities, like karnavons dog or gullivers phobos and deimos discovery anticipation or poes tale of wrecage survivors who canibalized a kid told before it happene or the book on the sunk titan or the apolon who landed on the moon all tales who clearly describe future events

any hints to not be lead insane by these synchronicities?

or maybe i could even use it for remote viewing and trying to learn to guess lotery numbers XD?
its called coincidence
#3 - ajp71
No
it happens to me to like 3 months before it happens im like whoa what was that.
#5 - joen
the future can not be seen by anything or anyone as it has not been created yet.
#6 - (SaM)
The subconscious can see the future, I believe. We are only using a tiny fraction of our mind's capabilities. The future is already happening in another dimension. It has been proven that people are aware of other dimensions. You just need to open your mind.

But your case is just a simple matter of predicting the lyrics or predicting situations by using your logic based on earlier experience.

The rabbithole goes much deeper than that.
Quote from (SaM) :We are only using a tiny fraction of our mind's capabilities.

That's a disproved myth which has stood the test of time for far, far too long.
Every bit of your brain is used, it's just not all used simultaneously, just as you wouldn't use all your muscles at the same time.

Check this for a full story on this myth.

Edit:

On topic: No. I've believed for a long time that there are 'supernatural' things etc, but it's just stuff which naturally attracts and fascinates people, and some of which can't be fully disproved, thus making it even more interesting.
#8 - Davo
I've seen the future in my dreams and it came true that weekend. There's a whole bunch of stuff we're not aware of that's happening but it is and somtimes we can tap into it.
Im saying yes, especially when dreaming. You go along one day then it clicks, and you remember it from one of your dreams. SO i think the mind is picking up 'signals from another dimension'.
#10 - Jakg
Think of how many dreams you must have - chances are there will be overlap at some point, and they come back to you because of the stimulus your in - the ones where the massive whale, the talking glass and me go to dinner seem to stay "below the surface"
There is evidence to explain these deja vue experiences, if you read some of the books by Oliver Sachs, a very interesting neurosurgeon (they did a film based on some of his stuff a few years ago - Awakenings, starring De Niro).
He put forward a good case that the way the brains memory banks work sometimes there is like a 'bounce' - something will go in from a stimulus, some sense, sight, smell, sound, and before it gets to the conscious for full recognition it bounces back as a perceived memory, fooling the person that he somehow feels a familiarity with the perceived stimulus even though it really is a fresh event. Fascinating stuff.
I do not believe in fate or telepathy or any of that pseudo-science stuff.
#12 - SamH
Quote from al heeley :I do not believe in fate or telepathy or any of that pseudo-science stuff.

Woooooooowwww! I dunno how.. I can't explain it.. but.. I just KNEW you were gonna say that!
Deja Vu does not mean that you told the future. If you didn't write it down before hand, how do you know that you actually thought about it before it happened?
Quote from al heeley :I do not believe in fate or telepathy or any of that pseudo-science stuff.

Add any form of deity to that list and I agree 100%.
#15 - JTbo
You can see ball rolling towards edge of table, you say ball is falling down from table, moment later ball does fall down from table, did you just see future?

I would say it is perhaps possible, but not likely that one experiences such future seeing. There really is not such thing as impossible, more we learn less there is things that are impossible, think about internet for example, there was time when you would been bunred if you would say that in future we sit in front of desk and communicate around world in their opinion it was impossible, idea would been too wild.

For example Da Vinci, he proposed quite wild ideas and people at that time keeped him bit crazy, nobody could believe him.

There is just so much things we don't know yet that it is not very wise to say that it would not be possible.
Quote from Jertje :That's a disproved myth which has stood the test of time for far, far too long.
Every bit of your brain is used, it's just not all used simultaneously, just as you wouldn't use all your muscles at the same time.

Check this for a full story on this myth.

Edit:

On topic: No. I've believed for a long time that there are 'supernatural' things etc, but it's just stuff which naturally attracts and fascinates people, and some of which can't be fully disproved, thus making it even more interesting.

Well, it depends how you define mind... the thing I was on about is the consciousness rather than the brain, there's consciousness and subconsciousness. I agree that the brain is being used to its maximum as far as I know.
I've seen some pretty freaky shit in my few years wandering around on this silly little rock. Why not precognition?

I don't see any value in rubbishing a belief just because there's no evidence to support it. Agnosticism seems a bit more reasonable.
The toaster knows all and nothing.
There are two types of mahogny.
The big pole is mad up off gothic underpants.
#19 - SamH
Atheism is a religion in its own right - religious insistence in the absence of deity is a fim belief rather than a lack of faith. The opposite of religion is really agnosticism, just as the opposite of love isn't hate, but indifference.

But if you don't believe something, you can't be made to believe it. You can't be told what to believe because being told something will never instill in you that belief.. only, at best, an opinion to regurgitate. And you can't be convinced to NOT believe something. Beliefs come from inside not from outside.

I don't believe in most of the pseudo-sciences. I don't have any problem calling them pseudo-sciences because culturally they are pseudo-sciences, in the culture I live in anyway. Most of them require a leap of faith that I'm not willing to make, or some kind of "what if.." and more often than not, the requirement to believe something that "..can't be explained any other way.." and in general, I personally find the mystical explanation as difficult to take on board as the myth it's attempting to explain.

I don't believe in God. I don't believe in ghosts, or telekinesis or tarot or any of the things. I don't make any apologies for that, but I'm not an atheist because at the end of the day I can't state with certainty that I *know* there is no god, or that there are no ghosts. I just lack faith, or the willingness to make a leap into it. I guess I'm just an agnostic.
Quote from SamH :I don't believe in God. I don't believe in ghosts, or telekinesis or tarot or any of the things. I don't make any apologies for that, but I'm not an atheist because at the end of the day I can't state with certainty that I *know* there is no god, or that there are no ghosts. I just lack faith, or the willingness to make a leap into it. I guess I'm just an agnostic.

What would it take for you to believe in something like that though? I ask myself that question sometimes because I have had some seemingly-unexplainable experiences that I'd have to categorise as "ghosts" for want of a better phrase, but I still don't think I actually believe in "ghosts". I can't help but think this is out of sheer stubbornness - that whatever requirement I have for something to become believeable wasn't satisfied, but I'm not sure what that requirement is...
well, i kinda believe this, but i dunno if i seen the future....example time!

About 3 years back, i remember that when i was living with my mom and her boyfreind, i was in a different house, in a conservatorie watching top gear on the Tv by myself with a heater on and a dog on my lap, and the conservatorie was white with one blue wall, then, in the space of 6 months, we moved into a new house, with a conservatorie with one blue wall, we got a dog, and at one point, i watched top gear by myself in the conseervatorie with the heater on watching top gear!! no joke!

this has hapened numerous times, but i wont bore you with no more examples

byebye

frenchy
#22 - SamH
@Kev: I dunno, but I wish I did. That's really what I mean by a belief coming from inside rather than outside. For me to be convinced, something inside me would have to say to me "yes, this makes sense. This fits with the way I see the world". It just isn't something I can believe in if it's someone else saying it.. unless that something inside me replies with "yes, this makes sense..."

My dad's a preacher, and my mum had out-of-body experiences. She told me about them when I was a little kid (back then, we thought she was the only person that had had them. It was after that, the whole thing got popular and everybody was having them).. and she didn't see a light to walk into.. that bit wasn't part of her experience.

Before she died (a year or so ago, when she was in palliative care), I asked her if she still believed in god and she said she did. She asked "else what's the point?" And it's a fair question, and not one I can answer. I just can't make the leap from "there has to be a reason for all this" to "there must be a god". It'd be nice, but I can't do it. It would have to come from inside and it's just not in me.
Sorry to hear about your mum, Sam.

I had a lot of OOBs when I was younger, arising from ASP episodes. They're very infrequent now but when I was a teenager it was happening practically every other night and more often than not it scared the poop out of me.

I eventually looked up a mailing list dedicated to it (I didn't even know what was happening to me for years, didn't know there was a name for it) and found it packed fit to bust with new-agers and religious fanatics who were all utterly convinced of their own conflicting explanations for it - "demons", or "alien abduction", or "astral projection" or whatever. They had an agreement not to rubbish eachothers' beliefs, but whenever a newcomer turned up who hadn't already made their minds up, each camp would jump into action attempting to "convert" the newbie to their way of thinking.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make here, except how creepy I found it. The fact that these people were so quick to jump to baseless conclusions by themselves, and just as keen to convince third parties to believe along with them.
#24 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Sorry to hear about your mum, Sam.

Cheers Kev It was all expected, nothing left unsaid.. it was a graceful exit.. don't feel bad/sad
Quote from thisnameistaken :Not sure what point I'm trying to make here, except how creepy I found it. The fact that these people were so quick to jump to baseless conclusions by themselves, and just as keen to convince third parties to believe along with them.

I'm not sure, but I think you're saying the same thing as me.

With my mum's experiences, I've never had any trouble accepting that she experienced them. She never drew any conclusions about anything more grand. She had the experiences, and those were the experiences she had. The most she ever said was that, as a result of the experiences, she believed there must be SOME separation between the mind and the body. That sounded reasonable to me and I accepted it.

My mum's experiences were brought on when she had gallbladder problems.. she'd go sit outside, sit on the little bridge over the stream behind the house, relax and "let the pain in" as she described it. Once she'd had her gallbladder out, she lost the ability to "escape". When I had gallbladder problems, I took the pain killers instead. I kinda wish I'd given it a spin, looking back
Quote from thisnameistaken :What would it take for you to believe in something like that though?

how about taking it out of the realm of belief ?

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG