The online racing simulator
is this reality a fake?
(38 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
is this reality a fake?
i think reality is so discusting that i think is fake, i dont want to believe that every 5 seconds a person dies from starvation

an example of fake new is what i saw on tv the other day, they said that in a state of usa if you cheat your wife or husband and theres sex the person is jailed for life and no it was not fools day

this is obviously fake so then why couldnt be fake almost everithyng
Your could always reject this reality and substitute your own
#3 - herki
They also say a child is killed in a car accident every 10 minutes. I don't know how precise it is, but the dieing(please help me with the spelling )-rate of the world's population is rather high. Still the population grows.
What I'm trying to say is: Maybe the 5 seconds are a bit exaggerated, but it could as well be true
#4 - Davo
Count yourself lucky to be alive then I guess.
Another stupid fact is that 100 lightning strikes happen every second, and 12% of all strikes are on golf courses.

And apparently 11 dogs die an hour from falling out of pickup trucks.

Averages are great for mathematicians, but useless for real life
goes to the window.
looks for ppl.
starts counting.
Quote from lerts :i dont want to believe that every 5 seconds a person dies from starvation

Hit them with sticks and kill them before starvation gets them. Leave it a bit though, so they are too weak to fight back.
At the end of the day, reality is what you make of it. Just look at the socially unacceptable people who believe they are married and have kids, or believe that they can fly, etc.

Quote from tristancliffe :Hit them with sticks and kill them before starvation gets them. Leave it a bit though, so they are too weak to fight back.

My response to that is:
http://joke.theangryangel.co.uk/ (bum-tish)
#9 - nihil
One person dies every 13 seconds anyway, whatever the cause.

Statistics are statistics... They are fake insomuch as they are only one way of representing actual events. Reality is a consensual delusion. You should know this. You are a sim racer.
Its not that 'every X seconds' someone dies. Its an average taken over a day/week/month/year and then divided by the amount of seconds/minutes/hours within that time. So really, they could all die on tuesday, but because their taking the average, it equates to equal times.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Its not that 'every X seconds' someone dies. Its an average taken over a day/week/month/year and then divided by the amount of seconds/minutes/hours within that time. So really, they could all die on tuesday, but because their taking the average, it equates to equal times.

So all those people who die every 5 seconds from starvation we could masacre on monday, have the rest of the week off and still keep the average up.

Seriously though statistics can prove anything you want - as proven by the government.
Statistics are generally bullshit, they have no real meaning in the real world.

Pinch yourself, does it hurt? if so, then this is reality and it isn't fake, I know that if I go barrelling down the road at 120mph on my bike and hit a road sign I am going to probably be decapitated, so yup, reality is pretty real to me .

Either that or this could all be some big dream, or we are all plugged into a matrix somewhere...........
Remember, there is no forum!
Quote from danowat :

Pinch yourself, does it hurt?

No, because diamorphine is so damned good at blocking out the pain!
#15 - Gunn
Reality is purely speculative. Create (or reject) your own reality but it will still never actually exist.
Quote from Gunn :Reality is purely speculative. Create (or reject) your own reality but it still might never actually exist.

Added a might, just to enhance the speculation.
I thought about the real world being real often, it makes you feel funny. Sometimes I wonder if life is like a game, you see someone, but you'll never see that person again, does (s)he still exist? Was it a difference you saw that person?
Quote from lerts :

an example of fake new is what i saw on tv the other day, they said that in a state of usa if you cheat your wife or husband and theres sex the person is jailed for life and no it was not fools day

this is obviously fake so then why couldnt be fake almost everithyng

What you speak of is called adultery. It's not fake and neither are the punishments.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery
You could argue that the only reality is your own reality because nobody else can experiance like you can, experiance being the operative word. But you could also argue that because most people agree on the colour blue then reality is something that effects us all whether you like it or not. You could argue that we go through this life on a preordained route from the moment we're shoved screaming into the world to the moment we pass screaming out of it or you could say that all we do is bounce from one chance encounter to another and that we are the masters of our own ship.

I think rather than question reality (For me, this is it. Take it or leave it I will make it what I can) ,question, rather; perception. What you percieve to be humour, another percieves as insult. What you percieve as a tragic waste of life in the form of starvation another percieves as population control. What you percieve to be reality is actually the product of a deranged imagination, take your pick as to whoms.

Life really, really does not make alot of sense. It shouldn't be here, and yet it is. How can we, just animals, reason and imagine; Kill and be Killed; Cruel and yet so kind; laugh, cry, shout and scream. How can we, mere specks of dust on a cosmic chess board, even think ourselves as a noble, important, race. How can billions of atoms combine in just such a way to make a strand of DNA and how does that DNA know how to make that particular protein and how can that particular protein manage to give just the right amount of Hydolase too that particular cell component and how did that cell know how to form a backbone that supports a bipedal skeleton in just such a way that it enabled a large and very complex brain to form that just so happened to allow an extremely complex processor of an infinite amount of information to work without burning too much energy that it detriments the very organism it inhabits.

Life in short is wierd and complicated and I find it's best not to try and second guess it. Somebody, somewhere must know what they are doing and they must have the brain the size of a planet and are quite probable critically depressed.
Quote from Greboth :So all those people who die every 5 seconds from starvation we could masacre on monday, have the rest of the week off and still keep the average up.

Sorry mondays booked for me. can we make this wednesday instead?.

Like everybody sais. statistics give an average... not an actual number... so if you go to say.. Africa. your not going to be gauranteed to see some poor starving kid die in front of you every 5 seconds... Statistics are generally used to.

1. Scare you.
2. Amaze you.
3. Put things into perspective.
Quote from Funnybear :
Somebody, somewhere must know what they are doing and they must have the brain the size of a planet and are quite probable critically depressed.

Haha, I think I know who you mean, a good one

Well, reality, interesting subject. The most intesting view I've come across is that everything you see or feel or touch, or interact with is in your head. This had some name, which I can't remember, but it would mean that you are the center of the universe and this very post is actually from your head, and if anyone claims it wasn't youd idea it's just your imagination fighting against fighting with you.
Statistics are manipulative. They manipulate them to show what they want to show.

Recently the law requiring a helmet to be worn while riding a motorcycle was overturned. Since then, the advocates for force helmet laws were crying because the fatality rate of motorcycle accidents went up 25% (made the number up, don't know what it really was stated). What they don't say is that the motorcycle sales increased by 100% (again, number made up). So, the overall ratio of fatalities compared to number of motorcycle riders actually goes down.
Quote from Blackout :Haha, I think I know who you mean, a good one

Yea. Bit obvious that . . . .
Quote from Funnybear :Yea. Bit obvious that . . . .

Yes...and can you remember how we agreed you would talk to me, have you forgotten already
No . . .Lord. For you are the realist of the realists. The only reality that I would ever need. The only reality any of us ever need. Fo noone could be real'er than you. Lord.

is this reality a fake?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG