The online racing simulator
How do I RECEIVE a setup?
(5 posts, started )
I've raced online a few times and asked for and been kindly sent a setup, but I can't find it! Where does the setup go when someone sends it to you?

Maybe it is in my list of setups for the car, but since I've been to the setup field and downloaded a bunch of setups for each car (and since LFS's garage and replay user interfaces are horrible and don't allow you to filter and offer few sorting options - such as sort by date modified) I can't tell if the setup they sent is in my list of setups, and if it is then how do I know which one it is?

I've spent 15 minutes hunting through the online manual, googling this without any luck and I tried looking at my data/settings folder but no file appears there. Can someone please answer this trivial question for me (step-by-step if possible). I'm sure I'm missing something really simple.

Thanks heaps in advance.
When someone sends you a setup, you need to switch to the connections list (press N a couple of times depending on your settings) and there'll be a little green letter (is it a T? I forget). Click on that, then you'll get a popup box asking you to name it. Enter a name and it'll save it for you.
Thanks for that. I knew there must have been a trick to it.
To expand, first, it is indeed a green S in the connection list. Also, if you want to send someone else a set, the letters are SS (send setup).

Do yourself a favor and be sure to name the set with the track. I use the track abbreviations and the name of the person who sent it. To get track abbreviations, you can just type "/w pb" (lfsworld command to get your personal best time) in chat and it will say "AS3 pb time 1:43.xx (FZR)" or something like that. The AS3 would be the track abbreviation for Aston National.

That helps to keep the sets all sorted out when you start to aquire hundreds of them...
Well I was right about it being green

I don't really know this bit so well because I always make my own setups

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG