The online racing simulator
Night Racing, + more "Option" tweaks, Brightness, Hud, etc
First THK you for such an excellent SIM, best yet for me.

S3
ideas
- Night Racing. pitch black only car lights
- Opengl support, which would allow MAC/linux porting, plus would make a lot os us happy(hard one, i imagine)

Controls
- Mouse y-axis as accelerator, but brake in a button(Mousers would love this one)

Server
- Favorites tab, pls pls pls
-Fix BUG that makes cars dissapear, and continue racing even win, eventhough you see them at same spot on the HUD map
- Restric entering/exiting "Pits" frecuency, ie.- 2 pit entries per X seconds(sometimes I've crashed in a turn from excess pit activity of non racers)
- Option to remove serverside mesages and beeps during a race,but not when race is finished, like "visit our forum at www.nonexistingclan.com"
- Disallow race restart at last lap, or last 2 laps.

HUD
- Ability to place rev meter and speedo, higher and more center like when you press "n", or in more customisable positions.
-
Sounds (more range, to improve mixing)
- XRT turbo high pitched sound, gets annoying/unhealthy after a period of time.
- Higher Wind volume, more than WIND_B 1.00
- Lower engine volume, less than CAR 2.00
- Heavy Skid sound is OK, but Tyre sound low and small skid low too(better balance)
- Menu option to remove beeps (also the messages woul be nice), when someone joins, leaves pits etc, it's anoying when racing, at least for me.

Graphics
- Slide bar to Increase/decrease brightnes and/or gamma
- Option to lower or remove Far away buildings, crowds etc. to improve FPS
especially at start, and first turn.
- Menu option to turn High geometry car in front, OFF
- Basically allow lower spec systems, to race without having to use User LOD 0.25, which doesnt allow to see cars ahead, and makes Track really ugly.
User LOD 0.65 makes it bearable but at a cost of 15 FPS

Net
- Connection speed option 512/600/1024/2048 kbps not sure if it would help though. just guessing

Generally more tweakable options.

BTW
what is??:
"Use Track LOD 1" value for?? and is it selectable from "Options" or just tweakable from "cfg.txt" ??????
"Screen" -> "Wide screen effect" does it raise or lower FPS ????

Well if you read this far thks, and i hope any of this ideas, can help us enjoy LFS even more! :-)
do you really think nobody else has made a thread already discussing these things?
why are you guys so hard on demo users? We are all potental buyers! he is just expressing his ideas for a better LFS community. Yes some of these have been said.
Quote from HondaCivicSI :why are you guys so hard on demo users? We are all potental buyers! he is just expressing his ideas for a better LFS community. Yes some of these have been said.

If an S2 user posted that, they would get flamed too.
a few of those suggestions i dont remember, but some i do. i was just asking him if he looked through the main list of suggestions already posted.
Quote from mamas6667 :Long old post

Firstly, I don't think you should be asking for new content when you've not experienced the whole game yet. Unless you're a cracker - the bananas are heating up.
It's like asking someone to upgrade a car you've not bought or driven yet.

Secondly, most of what you've said is covered in this thread with a few exceptions. Bear in mind that there will be more sound updates with the next incompatible patch. I'm sure it's been suggested before, but I'm all for more custom UI options.

Thirdly, if you can't run LFS without killing your computer, it's really time to upgrade. Even my old GeForce440 could handle full LOD without dying (unless I was running high-res texture mods). I assume you've tried all the options to improve performance, like disabling HVS and haze?
#8 - Gunn
Quote from Dajmin :like disabling HVS and haze?

Disabling Haze would be more likely to cause an even lower FPS.
Is true that some suggestions, are already posted.
Sorry for the trouble.

You could say
Quote :do you really think nobody else has made a thread already discussing these things?

And then address any of the suggestions
I might be a noob, but it took me sometime to write those suggestions, based on my driving experience. plus I got about 10 ppl to start playing LFS, 1 of them already bought a license

I was pointing out my experience in the game.(1st post)
I think that ideas are more important than opinions, i was hoping that someone, would comment on the suggestions that they have not seen before.
for example:"Mouse y-axis as accelerator, but brake in a button, thats a nice suggestion m8, bla bla bla"

So that we can improve the game!

Basically pls give us more tweakable options, like in Unreal, and Quake

7 answers, most are non-constructive.
Well, anyhow have a nice day, and be positive!

Thks again for such a nice SIM!
I am sorry. All your suggestions have been suggested before, not realistic, not related to the game, just stupid or just not going to happen.
LOL, be :-)

BTW
I searched in the Suggested improvements log , pointed out by Gabkicks and I couldn't find the suggestion i used as an example,weird

"Mouse y-axis as accelerator, but brake in a button"

I think this suggestion is excellent regardless, if even someone else before suggested it considering that, a high percentaje of LFS buyers use mouse to play at WORK, during breaks, and cant use a wheel, at home they probable have one.
That seems to be the only suggestion that isn't "wrong". Maybe you should have just posted that instead of hiding it in between tons of "wrong" suggestions.
Quote from mamas6667 :7 answers, most are non-constructive.
Well, anyhow have a nice day, and be positive!

Thks again for such a nice SIM!

Maybe the answers weren't as constructive as they could've been, but they weren't mean either, and definately had nothing to do with being a demo racer. You just got what you asked, and should be happy that Spankmeyer didn't reply you
mamas6667 - I've brought up the inability to set brake or throttle to analogue/digital controls individually more than once in the past.

Quote from mamas6667 :a high percentaje of LFS buyers use mouse to play at WORK, during breaks, and cant use a wheel, at home they probable have one.

Care to share stats? Last time there was a poll here, IIRC over 90% of forum members race with a wheel.

As for playing LFS at work, even on breaks. Well, I thought companies I have worked at were relaxed. That takes it one (large) step further.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG