The online racing simulator
LFS on three Monitors is awesome
I just have to say how much fun it is to Race Live for Speed on triple screens, its breathtaking and so immersive, I love it and would like to recommend it to every Race simmer. All you need is a TH2GO Adapter (€250) and three 19inch screens (€600). In my case its three 22inch.

Any other LFS driver with this setup? Show a Picture!

LFS gives the best experience in this than any other Sim I play, in NASCAR Racing 2003 it is still totally awesome, but you dont see much more of the track, and in GPL you have thick borders at the top and bottom of the screen, so LFS gives the ultimat immersion.

Live for Speed

NASCAR Racing 2003

I agree.

(Edit: part of this set)

Uh, pic didn't work. Anyway - are those 22"s of the 4:3 variant? If so, what brand are they? They look pretty sharp. Would love some big sized 4:3s to replace my misc. config setup.
nice setup at the min my 3rd monitor is just been used to monitor the server while i race. need to find the cash for a DualHead2go adapter then ill be cooking
#4 - efast
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

that looked like..............the ultimate cockpit you can have for any racing game.

two questions: how did you get the shifter and the clutch pad, and how did you integrate it with the momo

cheers
Quote from funkdancer :I agree.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/119/273431486_1a28a51a38.jpg
(Edit: part of this set)

Uh, pic didn't work. Anyway - are those 22"s of the 4:3 variant? If so, what brand are they? They look pretty sharp. Would love some big sized 4:3s to replace my misc. config setup.

They are widescreen, I run 3 x 1280x1024 with 2xAA and 2xAF. Widescreen Resolution is also available.

Quote from efast ::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop:

that looked like..............the ultimate cockpit you can have for any racing game.

two questions: how did you get the shifter and the clutch pad, and how did you integrate it with the momo

cheers

For the Shifter I bought the Act Labs 2006 Shifter, pretty solid and feels good when shifting. And it's only 60 Dollars, I recommend it because of its size and the superb feeling, it makes alot of difference even if you already have the G25. I even like the shifting Feeling more than the feeling when shifting in my real car. Feels like Maserati

For the third Pedal I just took some older Wheel that I still had and cut a bit of it away. 3 USB Gameport things connected at the same time but its no problem.
But I'm tired of buying new Plastic Pedals and Wheels every year or two, so as soon as they start to get worn out and fall apart I will buy some Professionell Simulation Pedals like from FREX or VPP. They dont break down in a lifetime and are of much better quality and material. I would prefer the FREX Pedals as of now, with the Sim Clutch + Feature that simulates a Clutch Feeling, while VPP also has great pedals with Clutch feel, but FREX will come out in the following weeks with a new Pressure-Sensitive FF Brake Pedal that can simulate locked wheels or ABS Brake Pedal behaviour.
Attached images
cheap-third-pedal-solution.JPG
cheap-third-pedal-solution2.JPG
:jawdrop:You are one rich basterd. My eyes and mouth are like this :jawdrop:
I just use my 50" Sony Gran Wega
ive got 17" CRT screen wich im veeery happy about ^^ and tha g25 ^^
I have 2 19" LG Flatron's, and hoping to get a third one which I could use with my new PC for a 3 display setup.
You don't need Matrox extra box for this. Use only software and one additional PCIe-render card (can be a lowend model).

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

" SoftTH allows using three monitor "triplehead" with Direct3D 8 and 9 games without special hardware. You need three monitors attached to PCI Express video cards. Only one card does all the rendering work, so secondary card can be a low end card, only Direct3D support is required.

SoftTH works by rendering the whole scene on one display adapter, which then gets split into three parts to be displayed on each monitor. While it is technically possible to use it on a AGP/PCI card, only PCI Express has the required bandwidth to get good framerates."

I'll wait then until I get my new PC with an 8800GTX and a cheap PCI card.
Getting a bit off topic here but...

I have 2x PCI Express slots on my board but only one of them is a 16x slot (I don't have an SLI board), the other is a slow slot (not sure what speed, probably 1x). There's a warning sticker on the slot to not use a second graphics in there unless it supports the slower speed... how to find a cheapy second card I can stick into that slot that I know will work?
Quote from Bob Smith :I have 2x PCI Express slots on my board but only one of them is a 16x slot (I don't have an SLI board), the other is a slow slot (not sure what speed, probably 1x). There's a warning sticker on the slot to not use a second graphics in there unless it supports the slower speed... how to find a cheapy second card I can stick into that slot that I know will work?

If it physically fits it should work. If you only have 1x slot (a very short one) or anything shorter than the 16x slot (gpu slot) as free it may be a little difficult to find a graphics card that fits, atleast a cheap one. I remember seeing Matrox having a model for 1x slot.
If the slot is 16x any GPU should work, it will just have less bandwidth.

EDIT: Come to think of that warning might indicate that not all graphics card work in a 16x slor with a lower speed. But that also would make adding a 16x slot with a lower speed pointless if you can't use a 16x card in it anyway. It may be just warning so that the manufacturer can't be held liable if a card won't work in the slot.
Yeah, I have two 16x size slots and two 1x size slots. The 1x size slots are unusable anyway since my 3rd party GPU cooler covers both of them. The second 16x size slot only has 1x data connectors. The warning says that both the card and driver must support 1x speed operation. I can't seem to find much info about what cards work or not, I don't want to spend thirty quid getting a card only to find it's no good as a secondary output.

Quote from Kegetys :
While it is technically possible to use it on a AGP/PCI card, only PCI Express has the required bandwidth to get good framerates.

Am I wasting my time anyway, a 1x PCIe port is only about as fast as 1x AGP - see wiki article. While the massive desktop space will be nice it's the gaming aspect that I'd really want it for.
bob, i think i know what it is (well atc widdow had the idea, i am passing on the info). is your board an asrock?
if so, the slot you are talking about is used for upgrading the cpu. older asrock boards (socket 754 http://www.asrock.com/mb/overv ... l=K8Upgrade-VM800&s=n) had this upgrade card http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/939CPU%20Board.asp
and the socket 939 (my board) http://www.asrock.com/mb/overv ... odel=939Dual-VSTA&s=n uses this upgrade card to go up to socket am2
http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/AM2CPU%20Board.asp

i hope that helps
i don't even have PCI e

its an old asus a7n8x deluxe board, which was the daddy at one time

also not really sure if my 9700 pro radeon would power the TH2GO setup?

my 2 TFT`s at the moment are matching sharp 15" jobbies, with a max screen res of 102x758 (or whatever is closest)
i can pick another matching sharp up for around £50, but i will be a bit gutted if i then have to shell out for another GFX card (the 9700 pro was cheap )
Quote from George Kuyumji :But I'm tired of buying new Plastic Pedals and Wheels every year or two, so as soon as they start to get worn out and fall apart I will buy some Professionell Simulation Pedals like from FREX or VPP. They dont break down in a lifetime and are of much better quality and material. I would prefer the FREX Pedals as of now, with the Sim Clutch + Feature that simulates a Clutch Feeling, while VPP also has great pedals with Clutch feel, but FREX will come out in the following weeks with a new Pressure-Sensitive FF Brake Pedal that can simulate locked wheels or ABS Brake Pedal behaviour.

You might want to have a look at the CST-set also. The brake operates on a load cell and apparently a clutch update for real feel is in the works right now.
Not to bag on three monitor setups, but I had that myself for a while. At first I used three 17" monitors, then I moved to three 21" monitors. Neither one can even come close to comparing with a projector. Even though a 16:9 projector doesn't have as wide of a field of view, the immense size of the image is just much more immersive.
Quote from Bob Smith :Am I wasting my time anyway, a 1x PCIe port is only about as fast as 1x AGP - see wiki article. While the massive desktop space will be nice it's the gaming aspect that I'd really want it for.

At least theoretically that should be enough for quite good framerates. PCI doesn't do good since it has both limited bandwidth (133MB/s theoretical) and it is a parallel bus meaning devices share the bandwidth with each other. AGP as the primary card is bad also since AGP is quite slow when moving data from the card to the system RAM - Something SoftTH needs to do alot. PCI express is a serial bus (All slots have their own bus), plus it is full duplex so even if the raw numbers might not seem much different, even at 1x speed on the secondary card it sould still be a major difference to a AGP+PCI combo, especially if the primary card is in a 16x slot.

I personally have both cards at 8x PCI-e slots, and this is the only setup I have tried it with so I dont know how it performs with lower speeds, but at least theoretically it should be ok - But if it doesn't work, not blame me but the people who wrote the specs I paid 29e for the secondary GF6200LE I use, so its not a huge investment to try it out.
why did i have to buy a board with agp :Cry: i tried this on mine with a agp card and an pci card but the monitors just go bonkers, refreshing all time.. black screens is all i get too

ill have too buy the box for me to get 3 screens working just a quick one, cause i have 2 ports on my gfx card does that mean i only have too buy the dualhead2go instead of the triplehead2go unit???
Kegetys, Will 2X 8800GTX's be sufficient, both running at 16X...
Seems noone picked up on it, but the link in my post contains some vids I did of LFS and rFactor. Didn't compress them too much so a good connection and/or patience is probably recommended. Whilst not as neat as three LCDs, they do show off the triplehead functionality pretty well. GPU is a Gainward 512MB 7800GS AGP running at 1024x768x3 (because it won't do 75hz in 1280x1024 - and I do really prefer 85, 60 is unbearable on CRTS).

LFS on three Monitors is awesome
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG