The online racing simulator
LFS DEDI HOST Configuration: Quick Tutorial
Hello, well today i was really bored, i turned on my tv and nothing good was on, i went out my house and nothing good was outside and i tought: Um it would be cool to make a tutorial about lfs dedi host configurations.
And so i did.

Hope you like it
Attached files
LFS DEDI HOST Configuration Quick Tutorial.txt - 8.3 KB - 1564 views
Linked in the massive thread on dedi hosting Nice work Blas :up:
good work mate ...
... cuñao!!!
y mi credito!!!??
jajaja chido blas... y mi credito?

NOTA: justo 1 minutos despues de poner este post blas corrigio su post, asi que aunque era broma el reclamo gracias....... todo el merito es tuyo BRO.

Good Job. xD
#6 - s1m0n
Good work?!
You can't be serious tih is good work.
You don't know what /pps and /dedicated commands are!
And let's not forget, you haven't mentioned at all fot ingame commands for host admin.
It is a Quick guide man:schwitzs1m0n).
chido we, aunque ni se de eso, chido
He was "pacheco" :banana_ra :drugs: like me
Quote from s1m0n :Good work?!
You can't be serious tih is good work.
You don't know what /pps and /dedicated commands are!
And let's not forget, you haven't mentioned at all fot ingame commands for host admin.

S1m0n, I didn't see your guide to a dedicated server, did anyone else? I think its good of someone to take some time to explain things for others. Yes the English wasn't great but I'm English and mine's not much better I believe pps is something to do with packets per second?

Blas89, thank you for giving up a little of your time for the rest of the world. and anything else positive.
Quote from Psysim :S1m0n, I didn't see your guide to a dedicated server, did anyone else? I think its good of someone to take some time to explain things for others.

I think the issue is more the title than the content. This isn't so much a tutorial on the dedi host, but a brief notation on it's configuration.

Quote from Psysim :Yes the English wasn't great but I'm English and mine's not much better I believe pps is something to do with packets per second?

Yes. The number of packets per second transmitted to each racer
Whats not tutorial about it? It explains how to setup a dedicated server, its clear and simple, its punctual. Its the facts, how to set up a dedicated server without a load of babble about each process. Its what people need, clear, punctual and no BS. All I said was don't knock progress! I'll admit to be a FULL tutorial it would have to go into setting up other functions on a dedi host... but where does it end? should it include the in's and out's of scripting for LFS too?

Did I read it as what it is? "LFS DEDI HOST Configuration: Quick Tutorial" Ronseal, does what it says on the tin. My point is it says "Configuration: Quick Tutorial" and not "YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO RUNNING A HOST"

Sorry if your offended but I will stand up for people, It clearly says on the TITLE what the tutorial is about. I am just sorry some people don't take time to read it properly.
Quote from Psysim :Did I read it as what it is? "LFS DEDI HOST Configuration: Quick Tutorial" Ronseal, does what it says on the tin. My point is it says "Configuration: Quick Tutorial" and not "YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO RUNNING A HOST"

I renamed the title of the thread after your comments and the other comments from other people. Prior to this it was "LFS DEDI HOST: Quick Tutorial".

Quote from Psysim :Sorry if your offended

No? I was trying to explain the behaviour of others? I was not angry, I wasn't insulting you. I wasn't insulting Blas. If anything you'll see that this thread is linked in the big detailed thread on set ... the configuration section and I'd already thanked blas in the second post?!

I simply don't understand this comment whatsoever??!
Ok, I can understand that. I still think that Blas has made a very useful contribution to this forum as I found "the big detailed thread on set ... nfiguration section" to be so long winded that I'm sure I could retire before getting to the end of it. I can except your point and have no problems with what you have said. I didn't at any point feel offended either. I feel that some of the forum users (not yourself) need to be a little more supportive and open minded to others assistance, opinions and ideas. It only takes one rotten apple, and this time s1m0n was the rotten apple.

And Blas89, don't get put off by anyone, as much as I don't need this guide/tutorial/set of notes/whatever else, I thought it was very helpful and thoughtful.
Quote from Psysim :Ok, I can understand that.

:grouphug:

Quote from Psysim :"the big detailed thread on set ... nfiguration section" to be so long winded that I'm sure I could retire before getting to the end of it.

If you have any suggestions as to how to make it easier to read, whilst covering the concepts and basic knowledge of how to run and setup a server, then I'm all ears. If you do have any suggestions, please do feel free to PM me
Oh look my old thread is alive!
Don't get angry at eachother dudes I must thank you both for liking my work!, and well Psysim some people won't ever like what we do but that won't stop me to do something that should be useful for others , so I just ignore the ones that don't like it and if they have some suggestions well i'd gladly have them in mind!

Oh and thanks Karl for changing the name of the thread, if its a better description it sure is okay

Oh and I'll try to fix some english errors i have in the txt file, but that will be in another day when i have time .
I updated the file, added some info about the track.txt file and fixed some english errors here and there.
i cant find here and there, can you point me on the right direction?
Right there in front of your face chano, open the file and read.

Hahaha stop spamming threads and go to bed you annoying Werco.

PS: You need to watch Scarface...
What did you do in Cuba?.... This That.
You can send me anywhere, Here there this that.

=D

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG