The online racing simulator
LFS forum just locked up when using [img] tags
I tried to post in this thread-
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1425#post1425

I wanted to link to some pictures that I have on a web space with the [img] tags..

Every time I hit "submit reply", it froze the IE6 window and my CPU went to 100% and stuck there.. Basically hanging my entire PC.

Then the IE6 window stopped responding and I had to shut it down with task manager. Then it shut down like 3 other IE6 windows...
I lost the post I made..

I figured it was a bug and tried again-- same thing. I tried to copy the text so if it did it again, I could just past the text into a text file.
After it locked up, my clipboard was empty.

Tried a third time, same exact thing.

So then I just did a test post with no [img] tags and it posted fine.

It was like 5 small pics I was trying to link to.

edit- Windows XP SP2 latest updates.
Test

I cannot re-create it now..

I just posted the post with the pics.. and it went through, It took me 45 minutes.

Strange.
LFS forum hanging IE6
It just did it again, but this time I was editing a post.

It happens right after you press the button to "submit reply"

I went back to add info to a post.
I added a link and some text.. Let the forum insert the URL tags.

After pressing button, it locks up- uses 100% CPU...
I highlighted the text in case it froze.
I do that with every post here now after all the times I lost my post.

I was able to take a screenshot, then I sat there and waited to see if it would start responding. To my surprise it did.. (first time that happened) and my post went through.

You can see in the screenshot that IE was not responding though..

I am going to copy and paste this post before I post it so I don't have to re-type it if the forum freezes up IE6.

It was this post-
http://www.lfsforum.net/showpost.php?p=1678&postcount=29

I will attempt to upload a the screen.
Well I can't upload it, it is a full screen and forum says it is too big... No thumbnails I guess.. I will upload it to a webspace so you can see it.

http://driverheavenuploads.co.uk/BWX/LFSforum-error.png
--Notice how the submit changes button is "depressed" and stuck like that?
--Also notice I am not using the WYSIWYG editor like most probably are. maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe the post icon bug has something to do with it? Just guessing.

PS- my system is a new install of SP2, al updated, no problems anywhere else. I keep up to date Adaware/ Spywareblaster/ Spybot Search and Destroy/ I am behind a Router/ And do regular virus scans.. I am clean and my system is running smooth and cool..
I'd say that its a problem with the Javascript rich text editor. Try turning it off in the forum settings.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'd say that its a problem with the Javascript rich text editor. Try turning it off in the forum settings.

Well that is the text editor I use on every forum I use.
If that was the problem, why would it be sp sporadic.
No idea, but give it a go. You can always turn it back on
Well it is getting worse.

http://driverheavenuploads.co.uk/BWX/LFS-error.png

Seems to happen a lot worse when editing posts. This is the only site it happens in. I use sites with vBulletin all the time. The "submit reply" button seems to stick down, and IE6 locks -

sometimes it stops and the post is posted, but mostly locks PC up and I have to use task manager to shut it down.

Try posting an image when when editing a post... using IMG tags.
To answer your question angry, same with WYSIWYG editor.

Man- don't try to post images while editing.. or edit a post with pics in it. Same thing happens with preview post too BTW.
Testing

^ pictar ^

EDIT: still works
EDIT2: No problems on Firefox
EDIT3: Also works with IE6

must be something on your side
This is ridiculous - I can't even replay to this thread!!!!!! I have another IE6 window frozen with my REAL replay..
It happens when I quote..

You need to quote- post a pic, try 5 or 6 pics- put some smilies in there- also put in a hyperlink w/o the tags and let the website do it for you.
I am doing small posts because if I write too much it locks up. The other window is still locked up.

Also you need to be running XP SP2 with all updates.

My system is clean with fresh install of SP2. Adaware- spybot, AVG AV.. only to scan email. No problems with any other sites.

Every time I post here it seems that button freezes on me. How could it be on my end if it only happens here? if it happened anywhere else I wouldn't even report it.
Quote from AndroidXP :Testing

^ pictar ^

EDIT: still works
EDIT2: No problems on Firefox
EDIT3: Also works with IE6

must be something on your side

Not a full test. Did not reproduce what happens...
Ok I am going to TRY to post a pic again..

Hmm, did it work? It seems only short posts work.
Ok, I managed to hang my IE6 too now. And that's one of the reasons I use Firefox.
Quote from AndroidXP :Ok, I managed to hang my IE6 too now. And that's one of the reasons I use Firefox.

What did you do to hang IE? Please list it here so admins can fix it.

It isn't a problem with IE it is a problem with this forum. I hate FireFox.. so that is not an option. Please let's not turn this into an FF vs IE discussion.. This forum has issues!!! It needs fixing.
Quote from BWX232 :Please let's not turn this into an FF vs IE discussion.. This forum has issues!!!

NOOOOOOO!!! FF IS BETTAR!! RAWR!:arge:

No seriously, I think the problem is linked to a large picture with quite some text on the WYSIWYG editor. Clicking on the submit button caused it to freeze (same as your problem). Probably a buffer overflow or some memory leak within the programming of IE6.

I doubt it happens because of the forum itself, rather the... whatever that is, ActiveX?... editor causes a problem with IE6.
Quote from AndroidXP :NOOOOOOO!!! FF IS BETTAR!! RAWR!:arge:

No seriously, I think the problem is linked to a large picture with quite some text on the WYSIWYG editor. Clicking on the submit button caused it to freeze (same as your problem). Probably a buffer overflow or some memory leak within the programming of IE6.

I doubt it happens because of the forum itself, rather the... whatever that is, ActiveX?... editor causes a problem with IE6.

Yeah I know FF is better LOL- I just hate it.

Anyway- I tested this thoroughly with WYSIWYG editor, and also with what I used, te enhanced editor.. Happens the same in both..

VERY frustrating when trying to make big or complicated posts with images and links.. Actually it makes it impossible.. I have spent an hour on one post before. More than once.

Edit- I guess I could just install FF for this forum.. but that would only be a temporary fix. It would make responding to email notifications a pain too- a lot of cut and pasting.
^^ I just edited that post- and when I did it hung on the button for about 15 seconds, the hour glass came up - and then it finally worked. It is probably some active X overflow or something.
(offtopic)
You know, FF and IE aren't the only browsers in world

I hate IE. And I also hate FF. Solution? Opera!

I liked the smooth scrolling etc. of the IE but tabbed browsing (and safer) FF, but I disliked some things in FF. Opera is just between Just a suggestion.
Quote from Matrixi :(offtopic)
You know, FF and IE aren't the only browsers in world

I hate IE. And I also hate FF. Solution? Opera!

I liked the smooth scrolling etc. of the IE but tabbed browsing (and safer) FF, but I disliked some things in FF. Opera is just between Just a suggestion.

Oh no he didn't. Problem never happened here, and I use firefox
Yeah I would like Opera if not for the fact you have to pay for it... After 7 years I am just too used to IE..

But anyway.. I have been testing every forum I can think of and I cannot get the same problem..

Even the forums with vBulletin...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG