The online racing simulator
2 things
(12 posts, started )
2 things
1. scawen, u know the green and red line on forces view for the tyre grip? well, is the green lines MAXIMUM 100% of traction or say 108% taking into account slip angles?? if it was 100% then obviously it would be fastest to be JUST inside the red.

2. check out my FOX drift
sorry for the background noise, was listenin to ricky gervais show
Attached files
FOX Drift 1.zip - 1.2 MB - 183 views
1. Dunno.
2. No.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :well, is the green lines MAXIMUM 100% of traction or say 108% taking into account slip angles?? if it was 100% then obviously it would be fastest to be JUST inside the red.

Do you know how slip angles work? It doesn't sound like it from reading that.
yes i do know how they work. i think.
that was just an example. all im wondering is, if the green line takes into account slip angles.
-
(ayrton senna 87) DELETED by ayrton senna 87 : vb
As far as I'm aware, the force lines simply show the force being transmitted through the tyre, blue means the tyre can handle a lot more, green means you're close to the limit (or at the limit), and red means you've exceeded the tyres traction.

Of course traction is calculated from many things, one of those is slip angles but I wouldn't worry about details like that.
#8 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :As far as I'm aware, the force lines simply show the force being transmitted through the tyre, blue means the tyre can handle a lot more, green means you're close to the limit (or at the limit), and red means you've exceeded the tyres traction.

Of course traction is calculated from many things, one of those is slip angles but I wouldn't worry about details like that.

Those are always red at corners, all of them
i try and keep them flicking inbetween green and red.
is forces view commonly used by anyone else???
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :is forces view commonly used by anyone else???

never used it, except one day i turned it on by accident and it took me ages to find out how to turn it off!
#11 - Davo
Its fun for wathcing WR replays and seeing how the driver keeps the tyres in the green nearly all the time. It's as though the aliens drive with forces view on and know exactly what's going on. Comes in handy when analyzing laps is all, otherwise I don;t tihnk it's good for racing as the lines block your view and are distracting.
I use forces view a bit when creating sets. But generally not when racing, unless I'm looking for a problem with my set. It's easiest to use forces view when watching a replay rather than when driving.

2 things
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG