The online racing simulator
photo of the other drivers before race starts
hello racers,

I don't know if it is really a new suggestion, but I couldn't found a posting about this idea.
Perhaps it could be a nice suggestion, if you see the avatar and a little statistic data of the other racers before the race starts.
If a new Player is connecting to a server, not only his skin will downloaded but also his avatar and some statistic data will be downloaded from the LFS-world-server to the other racers. So it is possible to show a little list before the race starts like a little announcement of the drivers. For example: Name, Avatar, Country, License since, Wins, how many World Records.

Perhaps it is possible to use additional to the avatar a photo of the racer for this feature. So that the avatar is for use in a forum and the photo of the driver for information at the race.

I think it could be very funny to see the avatar or a photo of the other drivers before race starts. Possibly the information is sliding in the footer.

I would like to hear your opinion.
Mr.Boombastic
Neither of them is a bad idea

I like the idea of adding more info to make your opponents a little more "human".
@ traxxion
ups, its really similar. The source of my idea was also the personal information of the drivers in NASCAR-Races. And I also had the problem that I couldn't found a good image or screenshot.

@ Dajmin
Thanks for your opinion. Greetings to London
Yes, please, make my LFS stutter even more!
Maybe, when new player is connected, his favorite song should start downloading to other users in MP3 format, so i can hear what is his favorite song..
I agree with Boris, this would just be bandwidth eating clutter. One thing I love about LFS is it's minimalist approach.
#7 - TiJay
It would be a greater help if people's forum names were their racernames so I actually know who I'm racing. I know my racername down there says "Talladega" but it's old and I just use TiJay now.
Why do people not use there Real Name when Racing outside there League? Why these Ego-Shooter style Nick Names? In Grand Prix Legends very few people had and have Nick Names
Quote from George Kuyumji :Why do people not use there Real Name when Racing outside there League? Why these Ego-Shooter style Nick Names? In Grand Prix Legends very few people had and have Nick Names

Because there are a lot of idiots on the Internet and many of us don't really want to put our real name out there for them. I value my privacy and if my real name were required to be displayed by a league then I would not join it.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Why do people not use there Real Name when Racing outside there League? Why these Ego-Shooter style Nick Names? In Grand Prix Legends very few people had and have Nick Names

Privacy. I don't wan't any Joe Angry Sixpack to know what my real name is and finding out all sorts of things about me and one day I find paskaa paketissa on my doorstep. Not that I give much reason to any one to do so, I try not to anyway. But enough ruined races and I get pissed and might say something bit too harsh.

And same thing vice versa, I don't want any future employer etc to google too specific info what I do daily and do in situation "x". If you google my name you don't find much but it's very positive and things I want to show up in such situation

simple as "herki" is the name I'm most common with in real life, so I use it in LFS too. "Michael Herkommer" would be a hell of a long nick, so I decided to stay with my nickname, especially because it's commonly used in real life too
u could use a switch like auto download skin has
auto download player avatar
thx for these opinions.
I dont want to open a new discussion if it make sense to use a nick name or a real name. I just want to display a photo or an avatar of the other racers when race starts.
I think the very best idea is from 'kiss me'. Add a switch to decide if you want to download the avatar or not.
#14 - Tomi
As long as it can be disabled from the client, I don't see any problem with that. A sort of automatic grid presentation with these informations added just before the replay would be great too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG