The online racing simulator
Remove: to many klicks wait: 1min......
Why is this in LFS??? Never seen it in any game before, so i think it's useless

Greetz,
Kevin
It's in LFS as a basic sort of overload protection for the master server. 99% of the time you'll never see the message, and if you do it's because you've gone crazy with the clicks.
Soooo by that logic great physics are useless too?

I guess it's a safety precaution against small scale DOS attacks. Unless you have ADHD you shouldn't even come across the warning message. And you do know that further clicking just adds more penalty seconds?

EDIT: Tristan ffs...
It usually happens if you go mental trying to join a full server, or one where "a player is already connecting". It's basically a flood protection so you can't DoS the master server by clicking like a madman. If you use LFS in a normal way you'll never see it.
I dont think 'never' see it is quite right, but 'rarely' fits...
Depends on the definition of "using LFS in a normal way"
Well, trying to connect to a server shouldn't be hindered by this message... I mean, it's near impossible to DoS the master server that way (since you can't click it more than once every 10 seconds by definition as that's how long it takes to figure out you can't connect). Have it on the server list buttons though.
It's pretty easy to DoS a machine on a home connection given the LFS userbase. If it was in some datacentre somewhere i'd agree as the pipe would be large enough - but at least with the way the system is designed LFS is barely ever down - and reboots dont involve phone calls and a technician going to site, just Scawen to reach out of bed (sorry, reach over from his keyboard) and press the button !
I'd rather have the 'too many clicks' -penalty than seeing tenfold increase of 'OMG!ZOMG!MUSTER SERVUR DUWN HELP ME! BLARG LFS IS DED!' -threads on main page...
Quote from spankmeyer :I'd rather have the 'too many clicks' -penalty than seeing tenfold increase of 'OMG!ZOMG!MUSTER SERVUR DUWN HELP ME! BLARG LFS IS DED!' -threads on main page...

I wholeheartedly agree!
Like I already said in this topic:
Quote from Renku :I very rarely get this message in S2, IIRC I've seen it once or twice in the hole time of S2. Not long ago, I checked smth in S1 0.3H and after like 3 clicks or smth I got the message "wait for 30 seconds".

And if I may add: a "-1" to the original suggestion.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG