The online racing simulator
#1 - Zac86
Touge, Mountain Pass, Tarmac Rally Stages
touge racing and tarmac rally stages are really popular and very technical. Do the devs have any intentions on adding these sorts of tracks to LFS?
I guess they do.
No, they have no plans to do so at this time. I'd love for some Tarmac Rally stages myself, though. That'd be sick
i would love to see some real world 2 lane mountain driving. I'v played on a few drifting courses where it was 2 at a time on the course. I would have no problems with that.
#5 - Renku
Odd to see someone who's been around since March last year hasn't discovered the search function yet
#7 - ajp71
Quote from Renku :
I personally hope, that touge or w/e tracks will never be a part of LFS.

I hope they do, they'd be absolutley awesome as a next best to hillclimbing in the FO8/GTR as well as fun to drive in the road cars and IMO if a few people want to drive around sideways on them then that's fine by me. In the end of the day it helps draw a larger crowd and funds for LFS
I agree with ajp71, and I think the devs still are going to add tarmac rally stage. There had to be a rally add-on for LFS, so tarmac/gravel stages will exist in S2 stage I believe.

Hating drifters is one thing, and racing mountain tracks is another. It's wrong to banish some roads or cars just for being used by some groups of drifters or ricers.
Solution is clear as ever, banish LFS because it is being used for drifting.
just going by the fact that lfs is essentialy a british sim i guess rain and hillclimbs are on the to do list
holy sh*t drifting gets a raw deal on LFS. Trust me when I say I understand why. One of my closest friends that I've known since highschool(I'm 30 now) is Japanese. he got me into Japanese sports cars and the crazy sport of drifting in the early 90's. One thing that realy caught my attention was watching these drivers controlling their cars in an uncontrolled manner on mountain roads with no room for error.
As an American I do apoligize for the Fast and the furious. I do hang my head in shame. Back to the point I'm trying to make.
As long as I've been playing driving games I have never found a game that has been more of a SIM than LFS. No other game can come close to being as real as this. I love to drift, I love to drift in LFS. What is wrong with that? Not every person that likes to drift in LFS is looking for a game like NFS or wants all the bling bling that comes with crappy games like that. People are worried if you make a touge board of some sort that peopel will drift on it, tell them they cant. Am I mistaken but can't you choose what cars you can use on a server? This game is made for people who realy enjoy realism over eye candy, that doesnt mean you should sh*t on me because i choose to drift around a track . I paid to be able to play this game the way I want to and I will continue to pay whenever a new version comes out. when I play online I respect the servers and the rules admins have set.
in the words of Rodney King " can't we all just get along!" Play How you want and respect other people. This game is for everyone and if people like myself will pay for it I feel that our opinions and imput should count just as much as the next guy who doesnt like to drift. I can find as many people on the Redline Racing servers who piss me off just as much as people who are drifting like arses at any givin night but they are a minority. Just don't forget about us good guys.
Quote from COOP201 :This game is made for people who realy enjoy realism over eye candy, that doesnt mean you should sh*t on me because i choose to drift around a track . I paid to be able to play this game the way I want to and I will continue to pay whenever a new version comes out. when I play online I respect the servers and the rules admins have set.

This is so far the simplest, and the strongest point coming from the drifers side.
I salute you! that is a great post.
I have no problem with drifters, if it makes people happy then I don't see it as an issue.

However, I'd LOVE some tarmac rally stages, who doesn't love blasting up and down country lanes and mountain roads? The ability to do that without constantly fearing an oncoming lorry in the middle of the road would be worth paying for LFS all over again.
#14 - Nikn
Adding some sort of mountain road would definately make the content of LFS much more broad while still allowing the game to focus on realistic online racing. It would also be a first for any realistic online sim i believe. I just wonder if making such a track would suck up all the dev's time...

to quote the lfs website's faq: "A wide variety of cars and tracks is planned and our goal is to cover any type of racing. " i think they should and will include a tarmac rally stage in the future.
My dream would be a driving simulator like with all kind of cars and add-ons like MS Flight Simulator. And with plenty of online events to compete against other racers, drifters, truck drivers and bikers. :-)
Quote from Nikn :It would also be a first for any realistic online sim i believe.

Not for long. Apparently NetKar Pro is coming out with a hillclimb car and, supposedly, a track to go with it. Not to mention the fact that nK allows for user made tracks (sorta). Also, Racer has some hillclimb/togue type tracks and it has multiplayer, even if it is less than stellar.
Quote from Moonclaw :Solution is clear as ever, banish LFS because it is being used for drifting.

I get the joke.. but.. what's with hating on a driving techinque? I mean seriously,
I never treated the term "Drift" as a fad, created by some lame-ass movie...

But rather as a faster way to get around "some" corners, in "some" cars...
so what if it just so happens, that it looks nice too?
As much as I'd like to see some of that; I doubt it will happen. At least no more than a couple of kilometers; simply because the in time to make a long section of track, you could make two or more normal tracks. We all know how time constrained the developers are.

V

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG