The online racing simulator
Fuel hazard light
(37 posts, started )
Fuel hazard light
on the GTR or street car in LFS, we can't read how many fuel we have if we don't press F12, but we maybe can't press F12 if we are "fright" with someone while we drive door to door, so, I hope that LFS have Fuel hazard light, we can set when will it flash, than we can know need to make pit stop.
I think that Scawen should pop up on the side of the screen going "YOU ARE OUT OF PETROL!" and then repeat that until you pit.

</sarcasm>
the CSR sound mod can warn you in advance before you run out of fuel
How to get it?
fuel lights et all +1

Would be nice if the LFS cars had realistic looking dashes with direction indicators, hadbrake lights and all. Just make them slightly bigger and you can see them just fine.
Attached images
tassi.jpg
Quote from Hyperactive :fuel lights et all +1

Would be nice if the LFS cars had realistic looking dashes with direction indicators, hadbrake lights and all. Just make them slightly bigger and you can see them just fine.

I'd like that, now the dash doesn't look realistic at all, especially not in the road cars.
#7 - Davo
+1 for low fuel light and more realistic dash. More lights, yes
Quote from Hyperactive :fuel lights et all +1

this is looking great
Good idea.

It would be nice to be able to set a threshold too, so it'll only warn you once the fuel reaches a certain level. For longer races it could help you plan your strategy quite precisely.
Quote from Hankstar :It would be nice to be able to set a threshold too, so it'll only warn you once the fuel reaches a certain level. For longer races it could help you plan your strategy quite precisely.

Only in the race cars maybe
"real" race cars dont have fuel lights or fuel level guages
Quote from nikimere :"real" race cars dont have fuel lights or fuel level guages

Really? But they "need" to have something to know the fuel levels in series where you have to refuel, right, no?
Quote from Hyperactive :Really? But they "need" to have something to know the fuel levels in series where you have to refuel, right, no?

nope, the way we did it and the way most people do it afaik is they work out how much fuel roughly it takes to do a lap and then just fill the tank with that amount + 1 litre.
we always empty the tank after every run and then fill it again with the right amount for xx laps
in series that involve fuel refills it would all be worked out on paper before the race and you always add some fuel to give you a couple of laps of "safety" incase you needed to pit late.
Quote from nikimere :nope, the way we did it and the way most people do it afaik is they work out how much fuel roughly it takes to do a lap and then just fill the tank with that amount + 1 litre.
we always empty the tank after every run and then fill it again with the right amount for xx laps

[pushing the limit]
Even the GTR cars which race in the endurance races don't have any systems installed? Not even the teams use the telemetry for this? Not even in F1?
[/pain]
Quote from Hyperactive :[pushing the limit]
Even the GTR cars which race in the endurance races don't have any systems installed? Not even the teams use the telemetry for this? Not even in F1?
[/pain]

not sure about F1 or GTR cars.... never driven one but i doubt very much either have a "fuel gauge" and F1 doesn't have a fuel light that i've ever heard of, i'm sure they use telemetry though. GTR cars maybe have a fuel light or telemetry.
touring cars, single seaters and stuff dont have any sort of fuel gauges or lights
The UF 1000 shouldn't have one... Most of the cheapo cars I drove didn't have one
[/pain]

I don't think many of the GTR cars do, remember at Le Mans recently one of the teams ran out of fuel in the first hour. I also remember a MotoGP rider running out of fuel recently.
#18 - Gunn
I'd prefer an audible low fuel warning, but as a feature not as a mod.
i know that some race cars have a fuel pressure gauge. but its basically worthless. when it starts reading low, if you aren't already headed down pit lane, its too late because you just ran out of fuel.
I asked a friend (see mcdonalds link in my sig) about his car, and his next car he'll be driving. His Porsche doesn't have a fuel guage, and the fuel is calculated by the teamchef, and if he thinks they'll run out, they call the car in to the pits. Unfortunately he almost ran out of fuel once, so he's against this way of working.

The next car, a Renault Clio, DOES have a fuel guage and light, and because this is much better, he is asking the team to install a fuel guage and light (a reliable one!) also, in the porsche. So I think more and more modern race cars do have these things, so LFS should install them too, maybe as an option?
If you have a momo you could use momoleds by kegetys to do that for you.
My right led lights on when i have 5% and below fuel on my tank.

It's pretty cool.
Quote from Meanie :If you have a momo you could use momoleds by kegetys to do that for you.
My right led lights on when i have 5% and below fuel on my tank.

It's pretty cool.

Only people with a momo can use it (maybe a few others, not really sure), but I'm on a DFP for example, so no luck for me, we need a better solution.
CSR sound mod *rolling eyes*

search the forum!!!
OK, I know this improvement suggestion comes up many times, but it is a good one, for the low fuel light warning, and I'd like to see it implemented, but only after the damage modelling (esp. engine damage) has been worked on.
I'd like an 'arcadey' solution, a light that comes on to warn when you have only 1 lap's worth left, basically a 'Pit-In' indicator.
Even the GTR cars which race in the endurance races don't have any systems installed? Not even the teams use the telemetry for this? Not even in F1?[/pain]

Yeah it is strange. race cars have many gauges so why not fuel level? What if the engine is burning more fuel due to the failure? Or a hamster did a hole in a tank, and fuel is slowly getting out?
Quote from herki :The UF 1000 shouldn't have one... Most of the cheapo cars I drove didn't have one

Nah, maybe they where Volkswagen's. You have to pay them for ridiculous things that should be in standard.
Quote from al heeley :I'd like an 'arcadey' solution, a light that comes on to warn when you have only 1 lap's worth left, basically a 'Pit-In' indicator.

It will not be so arcade. ECU could know your fuel per lap usage, according to position from GPS receiver and calculate when is your last lap with actual fuel level.

+1 for real idicators and gauges. Different for road cars, race cars, openwheelers etc.

Fuel hazard light
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG