The online racing simulator
Following race grid
(13 posts, started )
Following race grid
Ok, i'll just get straight to the point. I think that the grid slots for the next race should be made based on the fastests laps from the previous race, not the previous race results.

This is because its a pain in the arse having to take several races to work your way up into a competitive position.

Also, if someone "accidently" takes you out of the current race, currently it will affect the few following races for you as well.

Obviously with a fastest lap time system, none of these things should be an issue.
yes but... your fastest time can be due to luck; i think its fine and more realistic the way it is

if you dont like it, then look for a server that will qualify before each race
I think someone having a fast time by luck, is unlikely. Anyway, ok both systems have their drawbacks e.g. cutting to get a good time, but you could do that with qualifying too. But I think it would still be far better than the current system.
i say server option!

..might as well be, dont you guys agree?

because i think its more or less how the server owners want their races .. to be raced
Yeah thats an idea. +1 for server option.
#6 - Davo
+1 the more variety with the race start the better

I don't see why it wouldn't be a server option since the other starting options are all server side also.
#7 - aoun
I think having options.

Now we have:
-Rev Grid
-Finnishing Order
-Random?? (i dnno bout that)

Could add:
-Random ( if we dont have)
-Fastest laps
-more if i could think :P.
Roll a dice (or two), the number rolled move to the back of the grid in reverse order, everyone else moves up.
I often see guys that set faster laps than I do or they crash off. I, on the other hand, set CONSISTANT laps that are a little bit off the pace from the "fast" guys. I can join a race in 13th and end up 5th easily due to the inconsistancy of others.

I say you start the next race where you finished.

speedfreak227
have a server side option for every restart to include Quali, so a Shift R will start quali again. 3 min quali + 5 lap race = win!
I think the only option I'd like added would be "Reverse top X finishers". So that partially reversed grids are still a viable option on 20 car servers running 5 lap races. Just reverse the top 8 or so.
Quote from XCNuse :i say server option!

..might as well be, dont you guys agree?

because i think its more or less how the server owners want their races .. to be raced

+1
I don't think it's a good idea for 2 reasons.

1. We should be racing, not hotlapping.

2. If you are coming first and battling with the second placed car then your laps will probably be a bit slower as you're driving more defensive lines. If you can hold that first place then you deserve pole for the next race.

Perhaps the setting could be modified to move racers who finish in the last half of the results up a few places if they do really fast laps. That way you don't affect the people who are competing more closely.

Following race grid
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG