The online racing simulator
Names for LFS track CORNERS
(51 posts, started )
Officel names for LFS track CORNERS
Hi LFS community!

I was thinking like: hmmm, we just tolk what we wont to see in LFS, like this trades,
Special for Chrismas, What we wona see in S3, Real tracks and list goes on and on.... and we don't get anything

Here is one suggest from me:
What you guys think that we have names for corners like in real world. If they can heve names for corners in real world we can have it in here!
But I can't get names for all LFS corners and I don't won to have names from real world tracks. We can have names by our LFS drivers, LFS sponsors etc.

But why we need names for corners?
Becouse when we tolk like: I pass *** guy in T8 like never before...
Man T8 sounds stupid, why that T8 wouldn't have name like: Cromo, and that would sounds like this:
I pass *** guy in Cromo turn like never before....

So I would like to hear your soggestions for corner names and you can say corner names and on your language.

I hope you like to see names for corners in LFS
#2 - CSU1
+1, can we name T1 in the forest after me please...pretty please?
#3 - Vain
Watch the STCC broadcasts. As the season progresses more and more sections get names.

Vain
I have one for the last left-turn of Blackwood GP: "La Imposible". =). (it's impossible to handle it right consistently, at least for me =)

AS Club T1 (to the right): "Fight Club" , as there're lot of crashes usually at starts
names would be really helpful
looking forward...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Blackwood T1 = noob's hairpin
#7 - CSU1
Quote from three_jump :Blackwood T1 = noob's hairpin

Lmao!! wheres the hairpin?????????????????illepall
Blackwood's T4? T5? T3? Dunno, the one after the backstraight: Castrol.
South City Classic chicane: Widowmaker. =).
I'm sure this idea was suggested a while back too, and I'm all for it.

But we would need to have overhead maps of all tracks so we can mark them all off as we go. The maps from track select screen are probably enough.

Would also be good if they could be incorporated into the game, like maybe in replay mode it would show the name of the corner on screen. That would be a serious community project, if most of the regular forum goers had a corner named after them
its official BL1 will now be known as Blades track! cos i own it :haha:
well, it should be great impovement, big + from me how about last Aston's chicane name to: DMLT (destroy my lap time)
#15 - Goop
i remember suggesting this 2+ years ago, at RSC... and being given the :rolleyes: "it's been suggested before" treatment. I reckon i've seen it suggested 5 times since

If you can think of a way to poll for names, and then manage to get them into general use, good luck to ya!
Ok, this was suggesed before, but we need to make a maps!!!
And after that it would be brilliand that in new pach in-game we have something like in GTR. That when we selecting the track we can go and see HUGE map!!!

So we need a help from admins.

P.S. I like that your suggestions for corner names and I will make a maps whit that names, so I hoppe new names are coming
That loooong turn into the infield section on KY3R, obviously 130KR (it's long, it's in Japan )
I don't think that T1 should be associated with death and destruction on any track, but I do think the Blackwood GP chicane should be called Newbie's Demise after the number of demo racers I saw either flip or crash trying to cut the corners back in my demo days
Quote from andybarsblade : its official BL1 will now be known as Blades track! cos i own it :haha:

Track names will be the same, but we can have Blades corner,
just say what one and I'll add it!

Quote :
Watch the STCC broadcasts. As the season progresses more and more sections get names.

Vain

I don't what it but you can say the names in here!

Quote :
+1, can we name T1 in the forest after me please...pretty please?

Quote :This has been suggested before but for a name to come into common usage people need to start using it. I could call my favourite corner "Kev Kurve" as much as I like but unless other people start saying it too, it will stay T5 forever.

What corner?
Because of the street names, turn 2 (or the first one you actually have to brake for) should be called Beckton and the chicane Camberton. And the back straight is the high street.

At FE Green, the chicane is Marley's (well, how could I not name a corner of a track in Jamaica after Bob Marley). I'll label a piccy...
Few of my ideas for BL1 and BL2.
I can't name other tracks because i don't know them so good.
Attached images
BL1_GP.jpg
BL2_Rallyx.jpg
1st corner on BL2: catout's hairpin
Last corner on BL2: Endless

This one is accepted from Taavi, I dont like others
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think this naming project would need to be done as an extensive list of polls.

Firstly you'd need a thread for each corner, where people make their suggestions. Then you'd need a dev to pick the best few and turn them into a poll which the rest of us would vote on. The winner of the poll would be the new corner name.

Rinse and repeat for every corner in the game. That'd be quite a project
Quote from LFSn00b :I'm actually trying to name the Bl1 curves.

But you can't name them. Like was said earlier, you can call a corner anything you like, but the community as a whole won't share your opinion. We need something definitive to base the names on, and a dev created poll is the best way to get that.
Your English is fine, I just think that doing it one corner at a time is going to be less confusing than having everyone suggesting 3 or 4 at a time

Names for LFS track CORNERS
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG