The online racing simulator
Lagness in demo multiplayer
(18 posts, started )
Hi,
I tried playing the online multiplayer demo and when i spec people their actions seem to be laggy. Even when they are in front of me their car seems to appear here and there. Issit bcos im in singapore... far frm europe? Anyway, are these lagness still present when playing the s2 online multiplayer? (Really hope someone understands me XD)
Is it like the cars a jerking around? If so thats people with a steering wheel or a game pad....
#3 - CSU1
Hi,
On the multiplayer server list , what is the best and worst ping rate you get?
Quote from Alkanphel :far frm europe?

Not all servers are in Europe. There are servers all around the world and you should try joining ones nearest to you, so you won't get so much lag.
Quote from scoobyrbac :Is it like the cars a jerking around? If so thats people with a steering wheel or a game pad....

What have you been smoking?
Omg... the highest ping is 610+ and the lowest is 91... Is that really bad?
Quote from Alkanphel :Omg... the highest ping is 610+ and the lowest is 91... Is that really bad?

It depends, how many servers are that high. I also have servers with pings that high, but the lowest is usually between 40 and 50. If you have many servers between 100 and 150, it should be ok. That is still playable.
No... the servers are mostly at 400 - 500. Shit, my comp sux Does the lag disappear in S2?
Quote from Alkanphel :No... the servers are mostly at 400 - 500. Shit, my comp sux Does the lag disappear in S2?

It could be your connection. How big is it and what is the contention ratio?
#11 - CSU1
Let us ascertain if it is harware lag ?
What apps are running etc, does he play other games? If so , do they give problems?
Quote from Alkanphel :No... the servers are mostly at 400 - 500. Shit, my comp sux Does the lag disappear in S2?

The lag is likely to be dependant on your network connection, or in extreme circumstances your PC.

Upgrading to S2 should not change this.

A likely cause is that your ISP is throttling connections on high ports, as they are commonly used by file sharing networks. Unfortunately by default when you setup a server, it uses a high port.

The other thing is, have you got anything else running at the same time? BitTorrent, normal downloads etc.? Pausing these temporarily may help the problem.
#13 - Davo
Just get used to it. Being in whoop whoop sucks. There are some local servers but the majortity are all in the US or Europe and ping times from asia pacific are sucky because of the distance. There's really not much you can do about it unless you break the laws of physics.
#14 - Gunn
Quote from Alkanphel :ssit bcos im in singapore... far frm europe?

Yes. Try servers with lower pings. I'm generally happy with anything under 200 in LFS. It is unlikely that your PC is at fault.
Hmm ok... thanks alot!
#16 - PCCD
Oddly high pings to be getting.

I'm on 56K (shock horror!) and the highest I get is around the 280 mark
#17 - ndiw
better late than never,
we do now have one of the closest server to you
server name is Akari located at Jakarta.
I believe it's close enough from ur place.

Cheers,

It's not your PC m8, it's the internet as Davo said get used to it local severs in the asia pacifc region should give you pings in the range of 60 - 240 ms, usa servers 300 - 400ms and european servers 400 - 500.
That may sound bad but I often race without lag on severs in europe with ping around 440ms... the Akari server in jakata that ndiw mentions is around 120ms for me

A misconseption alot of people have is that broadband speed gives better ping results, which in most cases is simply not true. As Davo mentions we in the asia pacific region are limited in the ping range we can get by the great distance to most LFS servers, which are in europe. Electronic siganls can travel only so fast, so there is no way I being in Australia is going to get a ping below 200 to europe

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG