The online racing simulator
Warmup Session
(11 posts, started )
Warmup Session
This idea has come to my mind because of the LXCC qualifying quandry. People want a short session between quals and races, but don't really want to have to manually reset the grid (which takes ages).

So, I would like to see an option to add a warmup session on the server set up screen (where you set qual time and race length). To all intents and purposes it's just a practice session, so it's already coded in LFS.

Hell, Scawen's genius might be able to make it a compatible addition, so that pre-patch users just start a practice session - i.e. the whole thing is server side.

In my mind I think everyone should start this session in spectate mode, so if people want to leave the pits they can, but it's probably easier (for now) to have players who are already out start on the grid like practice would be now.
Well, nice idea. It also would be very neat for the host to set up the grid, but that has already been suggested multiple times.
#3 - Davo
Could come in handy actually I was thiking this myself, I need some time to adjsust to the race set after using the qualy set and a "warmup" time sounds exactly what I was after.

+1

and +1 to admin setting up grid, but that can be done already cant it? at the lobby screen?
doesnt not voting to start the race right after the qualy suffice ?
Not if the quali isn't over, then there's the risk of racers improving their lap times.

besides, a warmup session would be really fitting in this sim, wouldnt it?
Quote from felplacerad :Not if the quali isn't over, then there's the risk of racers improving their lap times.

iirc once the qualy is over and the timer goes to red laps dont count anymore ... it still shows you what laptime youve done but it wont show up on the resultlist anymore
and you can leave it at that as long as you see fit
Quote from Shotglass :iirc once the qualy is over and the timer goes to red laps dont count anymore ... it still shows you what laptime youve done but it wont show up on the resultlist anymore
and you can leave it at that as long as you see fit

Yeah but i said "if the quali is not over", which often is the case when having superpole qualification sessions (like in lxcc).
whoops my bad
In LFS, AFAIK you still get the lap you are on counting if the clock hits 0:00 at the end of quali.

E : What about free practise though?
an /endqual admin command could be an easy temporary fix maybe, just dropping the remaining quali time to 0.
Quote from duke_toaster :In LFS, AFAIK you still get the lap you are on counting if the clock hits 0:00 at the end of quali.

thats the way it supposed to be
every lap you begin before the clock runs out counts

Warmup Session
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG