The online racing simulator
New licenced cars in LFS?
(54 posts, started )
I was wondering what other licenced cars could we have in LFS?
The brands that don't ask much money for licencing, or don't ask any??(if that's possible).. I don't know what was the case with RA, and MRT5, i think that those two didn't cost anything for licencing, so it would be great to have more real cars...
I was thinking of TVR for example, it's british, it's not THAT high class, so i don't think it would cost much for licence, but it would increase sales of LFS BIG TIME.. Just imagine, driving that TVR Sagaris in LFS , i love the design of that car! So.. that's an example, i am sure that there is many other cars that could be put into LFS.. but it's better to be British, because it's close to the devs, to arange that, and test it..
What would you like to see in LFS? (don't go Mercedes, and all that.. )...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd rather see more real tracks than real cars. I was wondering if they might be able to negotiate licensing with the circuits based on units shifted, but it would still be an additional cost I suppose. I think the fictional circuits in LFS are mostly excellent so it's not a big deal, but of course there are real-life circuits I'd love to try too.

Sure, i am saying all along that i would pay as much as it takes for Nurburgring, or Spa, or something.. but if they could put another licenced car in the game, that would show to everyone who don't know about LFS, that it is a huge game, with licenced cars, and that would increase sales even more, making it popular in the eyes of those track owners, and maybe they wouldn't charge for licence..
#3 - axus
Radical SR3/8? Those are track day cars... and therefore they should be happy to get included in a simulation such as LFS...
Perhaps the devs could contact them?
It would increase radicals' popularity and may increase their sales too and I'm sure that it would increase LFS sales...
http://www.radicalextremesportscars.com/contact.php
Actually TVR is Russian
#5 - ORION
We could ask my teammate Chaos if he can ask his boss to get the racetrack in Most (Czech Repubilc) into LFS
Given the choice I'd probably opt for real cars over real tracks. I mean, unless you've been around that particular track IRL, it doesn't mean anything to you anyway.

Given TVRs state atm I doubt they would be will give to give car licenses away. But hey at least they won't blow up in the game (unexpectedly).

Edit: Radical would be an awesome idea, I made the SR3 with LFS Tweak and it handles so nice. Damn quick too.
Russian owned, but still British.

Is Lotus Korean then?!

AFAIK, Bob Smith made a Radical SR3 for S1 in LFSTweak, and apparently it was wonderful. I never tried it, but Bob'll be along soon to call me a spammer, so maybe this time he'll read my post.

Edit: Bob beat me already...
a radical would be awsome (not to metion 'gap-filling') in LFS,

what about a company like noble sports cars, fairly smallish company that produces very competent machinery that would fit into LFS beutifully.

most kitcar companies would be perfect for collaborations with, in exchange for allowing the use of their car in the game they could maybe give out special 'promotional' editions of the game with their car in it, for potetial customers to take home and enjoy. LFS is one of the few games that could be flexible enough to do that with, and besides kit cars are aimed directly at the sports car enthusiast. perfect!
#9 - axus
Ultima!!!! They are a bit more well known though and would see little benefit in sales from having their cars in LFS therefore they would charge a licensing fee.

Noble is a great idea.
http://www.noblecars.com/contact.htm <--- If one of the devs could e-mail their marketing devision about including the M14 (ooooh... sexy). I think that both LFS and Noble would benefit from this and this would mean that the devs could probably convince them to give the license for free.
Quote from tristancliffe :AFAIK, Bob Smith made a Radical SR3 for S1 in LFSTweak, and apparently it was wonderful. I never tried it, but Bob'll be along soon to call me a spammer, so maybe this time he'll read my post.

Spammer.

And I'm quite serious, it handled far better than any RWD in S1 at the time. I was shocked tbh. I should really give it another go to see how it compared (with S1 physics) to what we've now in S2.

Noble would be really nice, I dunno, we might have some luck. Smaller kit car companies do sound like the best target though. There's that three wheeler car (the names eludes me atm), that would certainly be a bit (lot) different.
Quote from tristancliffe :Russian owned, but still British.

Is Lotus Korean then?!

They're Malaysian these days.
Quote from ORION :We could ask my teammate Chaos if he can ask his boss to get the racetrack in Most (Czech Repubilc) into LFS

Who knows Most? I think most of us never heard of this track, so It's as real for me as kyoto or blackwood.

And in the end i would rather take a great fictional track over an average unknown real track.
TVR is far too mainstream to even consider, Radical has no problem finding it's market, I'd suggest going for an alternative, Westfield XTR2, sports 1000 cars, or the Speads sports racer (good because any bike engine could be put in to speed match it as it's supplied as rolling chassis).

I don't think real cars are important, tracks maybe more so, Mallory is worth looking at.
#14 - axus
Even if some manufacturers refuse, we should not be frustrated by faliure because if we don't try we won't get anywhere anyway. Radical and Noble may open their doors to us. I would love to see what their response is if the devs write them a letter.
#15 - Gunn
It had always amazed me that licensing needs to be paid to a car manufacturer. In reality they should be the ones paying for all that free product placement. Their car would get advertised to many new drivers who have a chance to develop a liking for the design and so potentially are a future customer. In my opinion car manufacturers (and other sponsors) should be pushing each other aside to try and get their car into a real race simulator like this.
Good point Gunn... They should be paying the devs, but that's the world these days...
I think Noble is a great idea..
Why leave it to the devs to ask? Just email radical or noble and say you are working on a project and would like to use their car. If they say yes then tell eric and scawen so they can start modelling/coding
#18 - axus
Quote from sil3ntwar :Why leave it to the devs to ask? Just email radical or noble and say you are working on a project and would like to use their car. If they say yes then tell eric and scawen so they can start modelling/coding

Because we still don't have the word "GO" from the devs. The other thing that would scare mainstreem manufacturers away is the size of the development team. With a small manufacturer such as Noble or Radical this should be no problem.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Why leave it to the devs to ask?

Because its their game, and if they dont want it in (unlikely) then us lot asking for them would be a waste of time.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Good point Gunn... They should be paying the devs, but that's the world these days...

In an ideal world no money would change hands, a mutual agreement would be reached since both LFS and the car company would benefit (providing they are relatively unknown... like most true British car brands).

Edit: Here's a nice (long) list of car brands, start finding obscure ones that would probably welcome the opportunity to get into a car sim like all the big manufacturers do: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/

Some highlights:
Ariel
Ascari
Bristol
De Lorean (maybe Rikk was onto something after all)
Farboud
FBS
Invicta
Marcos
Morgan
Noble
Panther (Panther Six.... it's got 6 wheels! and an 8 litre engine )
Radical
Spyker
Ultima

Others not on that list (kit cars):
Gardner Douglas (GD)
Ginetta
Grinnall (that's the 3 wheeler I couldn't remember)
Quantum
Sylva
Dodge seems to love having their cars in games;

http://www.dodge.com/games/ind ... Post%5FSurvey&rid=%20

I would love to see a Viper in S2 or S3. Couldn`t hurt to ask, and just maybe Dodge might even pay the Devs for the advertisement.

Real cars or not, I like the cars that are in the S2 now, so which ever way the Devs decide to go, is fine by me.
TVR Griffith 500 please
Or german Wiesmen.. i love that car! It's not so popular(i think), so advertisment in LFS surely wouldn't harm them..
I would pay an extra 12 for each of the radicals if i had to

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG