The online racing simulator
What's happend ? [Pubstats v1.3 related]
(40 posts, closed, started )

Victor refuse read messages now ? why ?
Dunno but Vicc informed few weeks ago that he is not anymore answering emails full time.
...That means any claim accepted now ?
#4 - cdub
Quote from cdub :Yawn.

Yep, if you need to continue this discussion please re-use the existing thread.

Edit: Just received PM from OP with more questions, might be a seperate issue to Victor's one step back, thread re-opened for discussion.

Quote from gwendoline :that means if i dont aproove last changes from victor i do just pay and shut-up ?
This is a new "spirit of LFSdevs" ?
Do i leave this game if i dont agree last change made by victor ?

Could you please clarify what changes you are talking about - Pubstats v1.3 perhaps?
Disapointed
I play since the begining of LFS.
I have always folow Devs choice for adds and modifications.
I have defend they when they need a break and many of you critik them.
i Have always work to increase attractivity of LFS by active work on french community(teams and leagues).

i hate the last "Victor" change. My passion for this game is down. good idea Vic
Nothing of our leagues in progress using insim mods working now...i dont agree Victor must disrespect like that our job around LFS to inproove LFS attracitivty.
Victor is no more my friend now !!!

In fact Victor lost his time by un-urgent thing on forum, Scawen is overbooked by some hard bugs...who works actualy for future purposes ?
i'm very suspisious to future development who works for futures amazing adds ?

We waiting realy for something ?
what in the world are you talking about?
#8 - Jakg
erm - WTF?
gwendoline - Victor had posted a warning about this imminent change quite some time ago, most of everyone else has updated their software already and really the changes required aren't that hard to implement. Just make an IDkey in LFSW and use it to authenticate your requests.

He has been quite active in the thread on the new pubstats - taking suggestions and bug reports - and has hardly abandoned his position as a dev, just not doing tech support any more.
You estimate he have right to oblige all of us to accept this new change ?
Woaw i think other better spirit in staff before
Oui.
Are you referring to the new pubstats system?
Sorry to break it to you but actually have no other option now - v1.3 has been in the making and now it's done and in production.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from gwendoline :You estimate he can oblige all of us to accept this new change ?

erm - i still don't understand!

If you mean about the new pubstat thing, i think it's due to Phlos and his queries, and if you don't like it then tough tbh
yeah, its not hard. on the pubstats url, you just put &idk=you_id_key_that_you_generated_for_free_on_lfsworld.net at the end.

ie,
http://www.lfsworld.net/pubstat/get_stat2.php?version=1.3&action=<your_action_here>&idk=<Your_Ident_Key_Here>

he said months and months ago that this was going to happen eventually, then again almost 2 weeks ago that it was about to implemented. The notification was there. you don't have the techinical skills to do this, then you should have asked for help.

sorry, but this is all on you.
Well i'm too old to battle with you kids.
Any of my tools to manage 5 servers and 2 leagues can work now.
You ruin all of my works with this change.
i'll just explain my deeper deception.
I think this change is not the most urgent...many things on LFS are unfinished and more urgent.
I have love this Game and his Devs during 4 years...but this turn changing my feeling and effraid me a bit more for the future of LFS.
Maybe its time to me to stop play this game.
If such a simple change strikes you so deep in your heart, then yes, maybe it's really time for you to stop playing this game.

Adding an identification to a stats querying function makes you afraid? My god, what would you do if something serious happened? LFS World shuts down for a week due to a power outing and you commit suicide, or what?
Merged your two threads on this issue (not that it was any clearer what you were talking about in either but I think I've got the idea now).
#18 - Jakg
Quote from gwendoline :but this turn changing my feeling and effraid me a bit more for the future of LFS.
Maybe its time to me to stop play this game.

....?

having to pay a tiny amount because certain people were whoring bandwidth wants to make you give up a game?
incredible...here anybody can complaint...we do agree with all !!
Quote from Jakg :....?

having to pay a tiny amount because certain people were whoring bandwidth wants to make you give up a game?

You don't even have to pay. Just if you want more than 1 request per 5 seconds...
asking for help with your setups to work with the changes will get them working a lot quicker than bitching and moaning and vowing to quit because the game and site are evolving and becoming better.
Quote from gwendoline :incredible...here anybody can complaint...we do agree with all !!

I'm by far any good at programming but even I managed to change some things I'd done with Pubstats in PHP to work with the changes. It's not very hard to add an extra bit to the query URL, is it? The system is still free as well as long as you only do a request every 5 seconds so I really can't understand what you are moaning about...

Seems a bit silly to complain about changes when LFS is evolving all the time. This isn't some finished product, far from it so of course things are going to change. We all new that before we bought it, or you should have realised by now. As pubstats gets/got more popular I guess Victor wanted to track the bandwidth a bit better and cut back a little but also allowing at a small fee as many requests as you want.
Quote from gwendoline :You ruin all of my works with this change.

Put simply, if you've written pubstat-grabbing scripts/applications yourself, converting to meet the new id-key requirement will take you about 15 seconds.
I'm guessing that he didn't write any of the scripts/apps he's using, or else he'd know how to fix them and have done it and not be complaining about it.

i knew back in july when i started coding my lfs statics graphic that the id key would eventually be necessary and included it in my script so when v1.3 came out, nothing stopped working.
I don't have much more to say than what's already said.

In essence, nothing's changed. People can still freely make use of the Pubstat system. The only change is the IdentKey, which like Filur said, takes 15 seconds to implement.

So Gwendoline, instead of being angry at me, it will help you more to state what software you are actually using, in case you didn't write it yourself. Then we may be able to help you out finding the original author or perhaps make the changes here on the forum for you.

Finally about me having my pm's turned off, that's because I do not do tech support anymore. If you have questions, feel free to mail us via the regular form at www.liveforspeed.net . If you need to contact me about some feature, then you can start a thread about it in one of the appropriate sections like website bugs, or the Pubstat section in the programmer forum. I will then automatically receive a notification by email.
This thread is closed

(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG