The online racing simulator
crediting system
(33 posts, started )
crediting system
Whats up with the whole credit system in s2? does it actually sreve a purpose in lfs?
No. But I thought, they were removed anyway.
Its Weird cause its still there serving nothing. unless they plan to add more cars
#4 - Jakg
Quote from MiniVan :Its Weird cause its still there serving nothing. unless they plan to add more cars

they got removed in the April update, might be back in S2 Final
Quote from Jakg :they got removed in the April update, might be back in S2 Final

Why would they need to be back in S2 Final?
#6 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :Why would they need to be back in S2 Final?

because with the amount of patches we get and re-installs people do it is impractical - BUT it was in S1 Final - maybe it will be in S2 Final - who knows?
The system has been totally scrapped as far as I'm aware (and good riddance).
i found the S1 system good.
so ppl were forced to learn the slower cars first before they can go and drive the big ones.
im sure that would save us from alot "Help im Banned on XXX" threads as the ppl start with more experience.
I am in favor of bringing back the credit system, so long as it is possible to disable it as a server-side option.
Yeah I agree i liked earning my cars
#11 - Gunn
Quote from MiniVan :Whats up with the whole credit system in s2? does it actually sreve a purpose in lfs?

What version of LFS are you running? If you are up to date you should have no credit system in your game.
i know i dont have credited system i was just wondering why they started to put it in s2 in the first place, lfs needs trucks... so we can tune them and race them. and maybe an off road coarse or two for trucks.
But people didnt really have to "earn" the faster cars with the credits in S1. You could just drive 4 or 5 1-lap-races with AI and you had enough points. You dont really learn driving the slower cars with that.
it "was" the old system, nobody says it has to be the same exact way
#16 - Woz
S2 is beta still but we have the driving tests system. I would guess that you will have to earn you cars in S2 final through driving tests, at least I hope so.

The fault with the credit system was you could just earn the cash needed in the GTI and then once you had enough you could jump online in an LX etc. If you have to pass the test for each car before you can use it that issue is solved.

My guess is that it has not been enforced yet as the AI still needs an update. Once that is done it will make sense to enforce the tests.
No problems with that system.

I believe our progress through it will be stored online too, to prevent issues when people reinstall (not that you ever need to).
Ack, I'd have to pass an RAC test to drive the STCC safety car? dammit!
If they brought back the credits they should be worthwhile amounts.

Demo cars unlocked.
Lets say you'd need about 1000 points to get the TBO class, 4000 points to get the LX's... 50,000 credits to get the BF1.

That would take most people, even in one lap races against 'Pro' AI, a few months on constant play to get, thus by the time they get to the 'fast' cars they have at least got a vague idea what they're doing.

If you want it to remain 'easy' to get the cars, then don't bother, and just have them all open as now.
I think that the thought of credits should be disposed of totally. Racing against AI cars is no yardstick for performance against human drivers or clean driving at all.
well, its mostly helpfull to learn the car.
im pretty sure we will get a better AI sooner or later, and then it will be a different thing anyway.
I give credit system a +0. So a +. I think it would be ok to learn the cars but it would be irritating.
Test system a -1000. People would not be able to complete the tests, would get bored because they can't get better cars, then go off LFS altogether. You'd lose players.
nope. not really.
easy example Gran turismo. u need to earn cash to buy better cars (or complete tests to drive in some events), so u have to learn to drive good with ur current one. does that make ppl quit the game? no..as they want better, faster cars, so they keep going.
why should it be different in LFS?
Actually boosted... I dont play GT anymore because of that, the rewards are just too little and too repetitive and I'm particularly not that good at that game, or racing the slower cars on LFS. If LFS has that system, personally, I won't play it anymore.
#25 - DeKo
because LFS isnt a console game. I hate the system in GTR2 (and rfactor to a lesser extent) that you need to win races and stuff to unlock tracks. maybe because i dont have as much spare time as i would like, but first thing i did was unlock them with a file and go race on them. i would hate to see it in LFS.

and yeah i hardly played GT4 because of that. it just gets too annoying.

the way i see it, the people with tons of free time to play LFS would get all the fast cars, but people who dont, theyve paid the same amount but they dont get to race the cars for a long time at least.

crediting system
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG