The online racing simulator
Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
Drift Max. Lock
How abaut if we increase our drift maximum lock ?
its 36 , its shuld be more for drifting , is it possible ?
#2 - Jakg
it's possible for Scawen - but as he's said before, show him a car that has more than 36 degrees of lock stock, and he'll do it

Good luck, i can drift with 36 degrees, so can everyone else, why do we need more?
i will find him the car , how i can contact him ?
lol just post it here, cause i know all of us here are curious to know something with a ludicrous amount of turning radius
#5 - Jakg
D1 cars don't count. And 36° is plenty. A friend of mine tried to drift with 33 and less back in S1 days. It was a challenge for him.
I think 90° would be nice.
WHat for? Want to burn the tyres faster?
yes ! real drift !!!
watch drift movies dude , and watch how they burn theim...
We Need Real Drift :P
No, "we" dont.
Ehm...i drift as it is now (36 degrees) but yeah sure, D1 spec steering angle would be cool too
Quote from zeugnimod :No, "we" dont.

Could you come up with something better?

No, "you" don't... "We" do... "They" do... "Others" do...

"We" doesn't automagically mean "the whole world of LFS"... It just means "a group of more than one person". If said group is big enough, it should be considered, at least as a valid suggestion, by the community. Judging the amount of drifting related suggestions, I'd say this is a valid suggestion.

Devs retain their right to do whatever the heck they want. You, on the other hand, have absolutely no right to define what is and is not a valid suggestion for LFS. This includes NOS, neon, bizarre lock-to-lock rates, monster trucks, track types, car types, etc, etc.

If you have something to say about a suggestion, do so, but make sure you support your view with a valid point.

Personally, I want LFS to be the ultimate all-round racing sim. If that means including drifting/rallying/ovaling/gripping/monster trucking/indoor racing/raiding/dragging then by all means include them.

This is not meant to be a personal post towards you, zeugnimod, or anybody in particular. I'm just growing tired of these constant non-argument discussions. They all end in flamewars anywayz.

My $0.02
London Cabbie - 45 degrees.

People don't usually take them racing though (with drifting being able style, and cabs not being exactly stylish).

Heh, stretched limo drifting, the ultimate in tackyness.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from TagForce :Could you come up with something better?

Hm, yes, sorry, I shouldnt have posted that.

I just cant take a suggestion written in pink and with ridiculously large letters too serious.
happy ?
Hehe, yes.
#17 - psdf
I don't really understand why on earth it seems to be such a huge issue for the devs to make the XRT's steering lock 45 degrees again. The only thing keeping the XRT "alive" these days are these pesky people known as drifters. I would love to have a proper race in the TBO class with the XRT, but as we all know, the FXO eats it alive.

I've read quite a few threads here and I just don't seem to get it why a lot of people have such strong negative opinions about drifting. I myself am no fan of oval racing or autocross, but I've never had any feelings hate towards those who do like them. The variety of races we have in LFS is great and I hope it stays that way.

Back to the matter at hand. Lots of people say "well you can drift just aswell with 36 degrees". Sure, that's what we are doing right now. But it would be a whole lot easier and more fun if it would be raised to 45 degrees. I've been thinking about this for quite a while and I just can't find any real reason why the change can't be made. I mean it's not like we are asking for more power or the moon from the sky. Just a tiny change that would make dozens, maybe even hundreds of people very very happy. So please Mr. Scawen, 45 degrees steering lock for the XRT & other street cars.

Quote from Jakg :it's possible for Scawen - but as he's said before, show him a car that has more than 36 degrees of lock stock, and he'll do it

Good luck, i can drift with 36 degrees, so can everyone else, why do we need more?

Did Scawen really say that? I'm not very well informed about the technical specifications of stock rwd cars but the XRT seems to be pretty far from anything you can buy straight from a dealer... How many stock cars have adjustable ride height and brakes? If the XRT was TRUELY stock, you wouldn't be able to change anything than the amount of gasoline in the tank and the tires.
I'm confident the setup options for production cars will eventually be reduced to a more realistic level in subsequent patches
Quote from psdf :But it would be a whole lot easier and more fun if it would be raised to 45 degrees.

how often do you go full lock while drifting the xrt ? i cant think of many corners that allow full locking even at 36° without ending up too slow to make the link to the next one
instead of increasing the Steering Lock, how about the Ackerman Effect?
Quote from djgizmo68 :instead of increasing the Steering Lock, how about the Ackerman Effect?

parallel steer
Alls good then
#24 - Woz
Quote from psdf :I don't really understand why on earth it seems to be such a huge issue for the devs to make the XRT's steering lock 45 degrees again. The only thing keeping the XRT "alive" these days are these pesky people known as drifters. I would love to have a proper race in the TBO class with the XRT, but as we all know, the FXO eats it alive.

I've read quite a few threads here and I just don't seem to get it why a lot of people have such strong negative opinions about drifting. I myself am no fan of oval racing or autocross, but I've never had any feelings hate towards those who do like them. The variety of races we have in LFS is great and I hope it stays that way.

Back to the matter at hand. Lots of people say "well you can drift just aswell with 36 degrees". Sure, that's what we are doing right now. But it would be a whole lot easier and more fun if it would be raised to 45 degrees. I've been thinking about this for quite a while and I just can't find any real reason why the change can't be made. I mean it's not like we are asking for more power or the moon from the sky. Just a tiny change that would make dozens, maybe even hundreds of people very very happy. So please Mr. Scawen, 45 degrees steering lock for the XRT.

Did Scawen really say that? I'm not very well informed about the technical specifications of stock rwd cars but the XRT seems to be pretty far from anything you can buy straight from a dealer... How many stock cars have adjustable ride height and brakes? If the XRT was TRUELY stock, you wouldn't be able to change anything than the amount of gasoline in the tank and the tires.

What is at issue here is that cars, apart from highly modified drift cars, do NOT have more than 36deg lock and even 36deg of lock is far more than you will find on many cars.

Yes, Scawen did say that and to this date nobody has found a car with more than that lock because the lock has not been increased again. This should say something.

Why do you find it sooooooooooo hard to drift without 45deg lock. The last time I watched the "Drift Bible" I don't remember anything about the need for 45deg lock. The only thing you really need to mod is your suspension to allow better control over weight distribution and car balance as most road cars are setup to understeer.

You dont even need bags of power because drifiting is not really about power either but about playing wwith the circle of grip on each tire and the balance of weight between them.
Grip Racing Purist Representative is my guess!

Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG