The online racing simulator
Pics of my steel G25 pedal mod!
So after a few hours with a cutting wheel, mig welder, and messuring tape, here you go! I wanted the clutch to have the longer throw, like in a real car. I based the pedals measurements off of my RX-8, which has a 2 inch throttle and brake throw, and a 4 inch clutch throw, so that is what this setup now has. I just have to stiffin up the clutch spring now though because of the added leverage.

By the way, the 1x1 tube on the right bolts to my racing rig.

Pic of my racing rig is from 4 years ago when it had the old logitech wheel. now it has the G25 and the shifter attached. I'll have to get updated pictures soon.

Shrubba
Attached images
69JN0004.jpg
69JN0005.jpg
IMG_0063.JPG
Quote from shrubba :So after a few hours with a cutting wheel, mig welder, and messuring tape, here you go! I wanted the clutch to have the longer throw, like in a real car. I based the pedals measurements off of my RX-8, which has a 2 inch throttle and brake throw, and a 4 inch clutch throw, so that is what this setup now has. I just have to stiffin up the clutch spring now though because of the added leverage.

By the way, the 1x1 tube on the right bolts to my racing rig.

Pic of my racing rig is from 4 years ago when it had the old logitech wheel. now it has the G25 and the shifter attached. I'll have to get updated pictures soon.

Shrubba

Looks good, what's it like to use now?
it is much better than before i feel. but i do need to make the clutch stiffer. So once that is taken care of, it will be perfect!

Shrubba
Nice - Very Nice - just need some Halfords mats now!
Well done m8 - Looks Spiffing. Now how easy to construct would that be 'without' a mig welder, for us DIY n00bs?
#5 - lyd
Quote from shrubba :SPic of my racing rig is from 4 years ago when it had the old logitech wheel. now it has the G25 and the shifter attached. I'll have to get updated pictures soon.

I hope this isn't too much of a threadjack, but I would really like to see a cut sheet and plan (with join angles, specifically) for that sim rig.

I have been looking at an awful lot of different designs over the last several weeks, and that one is hands down the best I've seen for my application.

Is there a chance of getting some documentation that would be sufficient for me to hand to a local welder?

lyd
#6 - Panda
write up write up! oh and yeahhh RE powah!
I'll try to dig up my designs...
I don't think I can find my ones showing exact messurements for each tube. But I can find a sheet full of measurments and angles that can then help you draw up your own detailed designs.

Shrubba
#8 - lyd
That would be excellent, thanks.

lyd
#9 - Panda
sorry to bump a old thread, but, id love to see some kinda update on how it is?

since the pedals are farther from the joint, is it easier to move, or harder? how did you fix the clutch, seeing that a stock rx-8 isnt the easiest thing to slip?
#10 - Davo
Bigger leverage would = easier and longer pedal travel. The G25 clutch really should have 2 springs so you can feel the friction point and make it adjustable to boot.
please could somebody tell me the measurements and angles for this i would realy like to make it thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG